With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Digimon Lineup for the Digital Monster X & More Reveals from MonMon Memo!

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Add Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by King in Pink View Post
    Wow. What a crap roster. They really feel like step downs from the last two releases.
    I wouldn't call it a "crap roster", but I understand your disappointment. Thinking about it, though, this is a "regular" or original release and not an anniversary release. It all depends on what you're comparing it to. V-Pets prior to the anniversary releases typically had rosters smaller than this, and looking at the evo lines for the original V-Pets, they were about as random, too.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Gigamon23 View Post
    Wow. What a crap roster. They really feel like step downs from the last two releases.
    I wouldn't call it a "crap roster", but I understand your disappointment. Thinking about it, though, this is a "regular" or original release and not an anniversary release. It all depends on what you're comparing it to. V-Pets prior to the anniversary releases typically had rosters smaller than this, and looking at the evo lines for the original V-Pets, they were about as random, too.
    The randomness is what I love about it. I think I'm going to buy this just based on my love for weird underused Digimon.

I'm a Maniac
    I'm still bummed about how small these rosters still are. 20 years later and we still don't have a selection as big as even Digimon world.
    BUT they added Tobucatmon and for that I'm ever grateful XD

I'm a Maniac
    That wasn't quite the case. The original Pendulum X's had mostly complete evolution lines, unless you mean the original V-pets, in which case yes... but they were still mostly themed. Even though this isn't an anniversary toy, it still has to be compared to the last two releases given that they're similar products. You look at the 20th Pendulums and they basically contain every Digimon anyone would want to raise between the two of them and then you look at this one with it's glaring absences like Guilmon X, Greymon X, Garurumon X and the entire Dorumon and Ryudamon lines... it's just disappointing.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    That wasn't quite the case. The original Pendulum X's had mostly complete evolution lines, unless you mean the original V-pets, in which case yes... but they were still mostly themed. Even though this isn't an anniversary toy, it still has to be compared to the last two releases given that they're similar products. You look at the 20th Pendulums and they basically contain every Digimon anyone would want to raise between the two of them and then you look at this one with it's glaring absences like Guilmon X, Greymon X, Garurumon X and the entire Dorumon and Ryudamon lines... it's just disappointing.
    Likelyhood is they announce a part 2 in 6 months with those Digimon that can connect with this one

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Likelyhood is they announce a part 2 in 6 months with those Digimon that can connect with this one
    While it was a trend with the 20th anniversary editions to have a second wave, the Digital Monster X has been shown to be quite different so far, so there is a fair likelihood that it might not continue this trend.

First of all, it's a completely new V-Pet, not a remastered re-release of an older V-Pet. Secondly, the first wave ver.20th devices had basic color schemes while the second wave devices were themed after particular Digimon. The Digital Monster X, however, is already themed for WarGreymon X and MetalGarurumon X.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    It could possibly be the start of a series. Back in the day they didnít really do standalone v-pets.

Junior Commander
    I have to admit, Iím a bit disappointed with the final roster. I think the non X-Antibody Digimon are out of place. These new Vpets should have followed the precedents the original Pen X did, giving us an all X-Antibody Digimon roster to raise. It should of included more new X-Antibody Digimon too. I really wanted Kyubimon X and Toamon X.

Itís also really awkward that we are missing Guilmon X, Greymon X, Garurumon X, the Palmon X line, and have all those npc X-Antibody Digimon.
    Last edited by RogueX4; 11-10-2018 at 06:31 PM.

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I'd say that's inevitable, but not a good thing.

I'm disappointed that there aren't more exclusives. Especially in the ultimate list.
    Also I'm disappointed Sakuyamon X isn't a final stage which means I'll be obligated to evolve it.

I think Ultimate should've been final stage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast