With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damemon & Tsuwamon Info for Digital Monster X, Plus Tokomon X!

Damemon & Tsuwamon Info for Digital Monster X, Plus Tokomon X!

Updates!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Our friend Terriermon Joshu has posted a few updates for the Digital Monster X regarding what Digimon we be seeing in the newest Digimon V-Pets!

First, he goes over a few characters we knew about...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Rhinomon X, Growmon X, and Sistermon Ciel! He goes over these three Adult level Digimon that we knew would be in the Digital Monster X White before showing off someone we knew about, but finally confirming 'which' Digimon Monster X he will be in...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

DAMEMON!

Damemon will be an Adult level Digimon in both the White and Black!

And he isn't alone (as most people guessed...)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Tsuwamon will show up also!

He will apparently also be an Adult level Digimon in both, so it'll be interesting to see exactly how he's integrated in with Damemon.

And last up, Terriermon Joshu shares an image to be a teaser for something that will excite a number of fans...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Joshu says he's heard 'this' Digimon will appear, but he wonders if it's true, as he muses that we haven't seen him in basically 13 years...

He shares a rough design from 'back then' of the back of the Digimon as part of the teaser, and he hopes it's clear to us who it is.

He plans to introduce this Digimon to us later.

Fans will no doubt recognize what appears to be Tokomon X, who was created for X-Evolution, and hasn't really appeared since... so this should be a unique and fun addition to the Digital Monster X!

Update- Looks like Joshu got tired of teasing!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Tokomon X will be in both the Black and White!

Thanks to garm we already have a translation of the info provided in the tweet:

Tokomon X-Antibody
    Baby II/Lesser type
    A rare case of a Baby Digimon that has taken in the X-Antibody, it is often targeted by other Digimon. Even so, it has adopted a valiant personality and is not discouraged by its setbacks, overcoming all odds with its small stature and increased agility. Its Special Move, "Tokotoko Dive", can topple even large Digimon over.

Image Thumbnail (custom)
    In the Digital Monster X you can battle with your Digimon as a Baby 2 so you can get to the map quickly, so you'll be able to battle with Tokomon X!

Further details on the Digital Monster X, including how to pre-order, can be found here.

Premium Bandai USA recently announced they will sell the Digital Monster X directly to fans in the US and Canada. Info on that can be found here.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

*completely incoherent shrieking*

T-Tokomon X-Antibody! I love that little guy! I am increasingly regretting not having the money to order these v-pets...

I'm a Maniac
    It feels surreal to think that Tokomon X has only ever appeared once 13 years ago, with not even a single card appearance.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Damemon and Tuwarmon both being Champion is unusual, but I guess it means they'll have nothing to do with each other and will slot into completly different evolution lines. It's a weird way to do things... but I guess they don't HAVE to be part of the same evoultion line. But still... should be Champion and Ultimate.

I can not wait to see Tokomon X. I just hope that means they will finally draw a Patamon X next. I love to see the flying piggy to get a x-antibody form.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Ain't got no mojo... SnowAgumonGemini's Avatar
    Well thatís wonderful. Iíve always wondered why they never used Tokomon X for any other projects, but Iím certainly glad that he was never forgotten.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Damemon and Tuwarmon both being Champion is unusual, but I guess it means they'll have nothing to do with each other and will slot into completly different evolution lines. It's a weird way to do things... but I guess they don't HAVE to be part of the same evoultion line. But still... should be Champion and Ultimate.
    Bare in mind that Tuwarmon was only a Super Digivolution of Damemon in Hunters whereas in Fusion they were treated as a slide evolution.

And to be completely honest, I feel like them being slides is how they are supposed to be and that Damemon/Tuwarmon really should have gotten a new form altogether for his Super Digivolution in Hunters instead of going the lazy route like they did.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 11-04-2018 at 11:52 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Bare in mind that Tuwarmon was only a Super Digivolution of Damemon in Hunters whereas in Fusion they were treated as a slide evolution.

And to be completely honest, I feel like them being slides is how they are supposed to be and that Damemon/Tuwarmon really should have gotten a new form altogether for his Super Digivolution in Hunters instead of going the lazy route like they did.
    Damemon was stated to be weaker than Tuwarmon, wasn't it? isn't slide evolution like mode change, where the form is equal power? (ignoring when beast and human have been given champion/ulitmate in other media as frontier didnt really say the beast forms were stronger than the human IIRC) Damemon ->Tuwarmon through digivolution is fine - so I dont like them being the same level, especially since I dont like champion -> champion, it makes no sense having slide/mode change below mega to me

reading Tuwarmon's DRB profile makes it sound similar to Gumdramon -> Arresterdramon as it mentions taking off something that restrained it/made it weaker to become to true form
    Last edited by Muur; 11-05-2018 at 12:10 AM.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Here's the thing, Damemon was a disguise meant to make Tuwarmon seem no stronger than the likes of Numemon and Sukamon whereas Tuwarmon itself would have been the one to fight Shurimon instead of Igamon had it existed in 02.

Also I'm not sure what your hang up with slides at Perfect or below is since not only do we have Leomon/MadLeomon but even before that we had MagnaAngemon and its Priest Mode, Monzaemon/WaruMonzaemon, as well as Angemon/Devimon.

Hell, Angemon Digivolves to Devimon in Digimon World so Adult > Adult isn't even new.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 11-05-2018 at 12:35 AM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Good -> Evil is fine and the other way round. My problem is something like Greymon -> Kabuterimon. Has there ever been a v-pet that has done Champion -> Champion? Like I said, it seems more likely they're gonna use used as alternate evolutions in random lines rather than turning into each other

plus the line works better as a homage to Chuumon -> Sukamon -> Etemon with ChuuChuumon -> Damemon -> Tuwarmon

and being the same level still makes no sense based on the DRB profile. Slide/mode change is reallocating stats whilst being the same power overall, these two dint do that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast