With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damemon & Tsuwamon Info for Digital Monster X, Plus Tokomon X!

Article updated with a proper image of Tokomon X.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm a Maniac
    Something looks off about that Tokomon artwork... but it's still nice to see him again.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    plus the line works better as a homage to Chuumon -> Sukamon -> Etemon with ChuuChuumon -> Damemon -> Tuwarmon
    Except ChuuChuumon itself feels like an Adult stage of Chuumon, being a more mature version of the conniving rat child so the homage already falls apart.

and being the same level still makes no sense based on the DRB profile. Slide/mode change is reallocating stats whilst being the same power overall, these two dint do that
    Again only Hunters ever treated Tuwarmon as being outright stronger than Damemon whereas in Fusion Tuwarmon's strength was hard to gauge because he actively avoids confrontation but it's implied that he's actually rather weak since the one fight he does participate in, the battle between Ewan and Mikey in the Digital Underworld, he gets mortally wounded which was why he even died in the first place.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

I come from the net
    Felt so wrong looking at Tokomon X with beard (Not really).

But wow Tokomon X finally got artwork! Congrats! How come that "X" ears is colored slightly darker compared to its skin? The movie appearance didn't have that...

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    Felt so wrong looking at Tokomon X with beard (Not really).

But wow Tokomon X finally got artwork! Congrats! How come that "X" ears is colored slightly darker compared to its skin? The movie appearance didn't have that...
    Yes it did.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I didn't realise how cute Tokomon X would be. Is a good choice for Blanc now

and eh, agree to disagree on Dame. Any more would be going in circles.
    Last edited by Muur; 11-05-2018 at 04:46 AM.

It's funny how 3 of the non x antibody Digimon have stuffed mice. I hope Tyutyumon gets in. I wonder what X antibody Digimon they'll evolve into? Lilimon X and Grademon maybe?

Seeing Tokomon X again made me really happy. I loved that movie. I hope this means we'll see a Patamon X too. It's really suspicious how they added Rhinomon X to this vpet, since he seems like a random choice, but if they add Patamon it'll make a lot more sense.

I think you guys missed the updates with Sangloupmon, Leomon X and Tobucatmon and another I forget too?
    Last edited by flintlock; 11-05-2018 at 06:04 AM.

I wasn't sure what looked weird to me about the Tokomon X artwork at first, but I think it is that the mouth looks a little too small to me. He's still a cutie though!

It's good to see them actively using more Xros Wars era Digimon. Not only does this spice up the sytslistic range of Digimon in the V-pet (although when everything is squished down into tiny sprites that point is pretty much moot) but also because the more they are getting featured and are assigned levels the more usable they become in the future. And since I've always been a fan of the art style used for the bandai illustrations in the times of Xros Wars I'm also looking forward to seeing those illustrations in the art book.

Tokomon X looks nice although I'm not completely sure if they are implying him to have very short/sparse fur of are just trying to make the shadowed areas look more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Slide/mode change is reallocating stats whilst being the same power overall
    Except modes don't work that way. The statement straight up contradicts most portrayals of modes throughout the franchise.
    Last edited by Theigno; 11-05-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I was about to say even with Imperialdramon, the poster boy for Mode Change as Slide Evolution, Fighter Mode is generally regarded as stronger than Dragon Mode.

I compare it to a Transformer where the robot mode is stronger than the alternate mode because in most cases only the former has weapons with the only exceptions being armed vehicles like tanks.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 11-05-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast