With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: tri. Part 6 UK Cover and Packaging Images

tri. Part 6 UK Cover and Packaging Images

More updates for those in the UK!

After a bit of a wait (with only a month until release) we finally have a look at the cover and packaging for tri. Part 6!

The UK release began with a bit of an odd cover choice, and ends with one also. Part 1 had a tri. promotional image, and 2 thru 5 used the Japanese home video covers. 6 uses the second Japanese theatrical poster, which was originally shown as the cover for the complete collection, before we found out it was replaced a few days ago.

The image they used is a great choice for a cover, and it's formatted nicely, but it's a bit disappointing the UK covers don't match up at the end. Different traincar art for Part 1 and 6 would have book-ended tri. nicely for the UK (and the similarity may be a reason it potentially wasn't used.)

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 Future will be released in the UK on December 3rd, and as with prior parts of tri. in the UK, there will be a collector's edition Blu-ray and a standard DVD release.

For the collector's edition you get the Blu-ray and slipcover, a Part 6 poster using the first theatrical poster image, and another set of 4 art cards. The art cards this time are group shots, with the most hilarious being the image of them that almost ended up being the cover to Part 3 in the UK.

December 3rd is the day before the US release. The Blu-ray is currently listed as 27.99 and the DVD is 21.99.

Pre-order links from Amazon UK.
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 Blu-ray Collector's Edition
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 DVD

For those interested in the complete collection in the UK< details can be found here.

Prior tri. Part6 in the UK thread is here.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    This is the setup I was hoping for. I know the second trolley art with Meicoomon would fit the pattern better, but I much prefer this art since it fits the events of the movie better, and the other is too similar to the first box art. Plus the Merciful Art is awesome. If it follows the pattern of the others, the sleeve should be reversible with the poster image on the back.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Quote Originally Posted by McGann View Post
    This is the setup I was hoping for. I know the second trolley art with Meicoomon would fit the pattern better, but I much prefer this art since it fits the events of the movie better, and the other is too similar to the first box art. Plus the Merciful Art is awesome. If it follows the pattern of the others, the sleeve should be reversible with the poster image on the back.
    Agreed but I hope with this one the reverse is first poster cover as I feel like that would fit better with other covers

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Good choice for the cover art. The Merciful Mode poster is the best of the lot for Part 6, I think.

Still sucks that we don't get digital copies, but at a glance I'm really liking the art cards this time!

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Good choice for the cover art. The Merciful Mode poster is the best of the lot for Part 6, I think.

Still sucks that we don't get digital copies, but at a glance I'm really liking the art cards this time!
    Yet they are available to buy digitally on amazon