With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Encounters Updates- Bulcomon & Evos Video, Plus Popular Digimon Info & Images

Encounters Updates- Bulcomon & Evos Video, Plus Popular Digimon Info & Images

It's always been fun to see more of this...

We have a few updates for Digimon Encounters, the Chinese mobile game.

First up, a new trailer that features Bulcomon and his evolutions. Minus Bulcomon himself, this is the first time we've gotten a clean look at his evolutions.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

And of course, his last evolution is still a mystery, but we have a better look at the silhouette now.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

There are various details listed for Bulcomon's forms. Update- Thanks to garm for translations of the details!

Bulcomon:
    A Small Dragon Digimon that resides in areas isolated from the outside world by ice. Through its training in the cold, harsh lands, it is able to lift objects heavier than itself with ease. However, because its body is made mainly out of ice, its body will shrink and its power will weaken when it comes into contact with heat. Because they are usually a minority species where they live, they will tend to form very strong bonds even with Digimon of different species that they encounter. It is especially close to Gabumon. Its Signature Move is spitting countless icicles from its mouth (Power-tipped Ice Arrows). Its Special Move is attacking continuously with the claws on both hands (Ice-sealing Thrashing).
    Paledramon:
    The evolved form of Bulcomon. It can freely manipulate and use its large wings of ice to fly at high speed, even in foul weather. Changes in climate resulting in temperature differences usually do not have much effect on Paledramon. However, when facing Digimon such as Meramon, its body will start melting and shrinking just like its Child form, causing it to weaken. It cares very greatly for its comrades; if a comrade it has fought together with finds themselves in trouble, it will drop everything to rush to their aid. Its Signature Move is spewing out its "Congelation Breath", which freezes foes solid. Its Special Move is spreading its wings from high up in the air and summoning an endless blizzard (Endless Frost).
    CrysPaledramon:
    Only a select few Paledramon are able to evolve into Crys Paledramon. It is capable of freezing its entire body, forming armour that greatly raises its defensive and offensive power. Thanks to the large icicles mounted on its wings, it is not affected even by high temperatures. Not only that, the cold air it blasts from the icicle nozzles can be used to control air currents, allowing Crys Paledramon to maintain high-speed flight even during snowstorms. Its Signature Move is an omnidirectional attack where it fires all of the icicles on its wings at the enemy (Ice Blade Floating Cannon). Its Special Move is amassing a large amount of frost in an instant, forming a miniature iceberg which it then hurls at the enemy (Paradise Cryosol).

On top of that, the Encounters site has put up profiles for a number of popular Digimon. These include some gameplay details, profile info, along with listing their actors as 'Stay Tuned', cluing in that a number of popular characters will be voiced.

With these profiles (and other info) they include clean renders of these characters (Well, all but one are clean.) These appear to use pre-existing CGI models (as we've seen in use for Encounters before), touched up with textures for promotional use (and in a few cases drawn art to touch them up further, possibly to turn them into sprites for game use.)

We've mirrored these at the gallery.

Some nice Encounters updates. It's currently on Android in China, and launching in iOS later this month.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    It does make me wonder on if they will be using those, or Cyber Sleuth models - though CS does seem likely based on small parts of that trailer.

The way the hidden Mega moves, no longer seems like a "female" type to me, as it doesnt seem like a skirt any more. Shame, it seemed like a magical girl lol. seems more like a cape now, so I guess it'll look similar to the Royal Knights like they always do lol. I actually quite like seeing the models moving around, it makes them look a lot better than a standard image.

As for the other models they've posted, they make me happy. I enjoy that we have HQ models (renders, I suppose) of all those Digimons. Annoyed they didn't include their little icy dragons. One day.

If only they'd revealed the mega tho!

The profiles on their website seem to be copy pasted DRB profiles, so I suppose its nothing too interesting on that front.

But the ones with voice actors should be interesting, I guess they'll be the main characters in a story mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    As for the other models they've posted, they make me happy. I enjoy that we have HQ models (renders, I suppose) of all those Digimons. Annoyed they didn't include their little icy dragons.
    In most cases these look to be CS renders (which they've been showing off since they announced the game), but touched up with tweaks (in most cases I'd say drawn on) likely to be used as profile artwork in game.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    As for the other models they've posted, they make me happy. I enjoy that we have HQ models (renders, I suppose) of all those Digimons. Annoyed they didn't include their little icy dragons.
    In most cases these look to be CS renders (which they've been showing off since they announced the game), but touched up with tweaks (in most cases I'd say drawn on) likely to be used as profile artwork in game.
    I hope they're more open to using the missing Next Order and Hacker's memory models that Links and ReArise don't seem to be wanting to use, though it feels unlikely.

If they just do what Links is doing, making random megas (mostly x forms), it'll at least mean they will have other models for copy pasting in the future.

unless of course the CS models get ditched... which they probably should tbh. The base ones unedited are starting to show their age IMO.

and the angemon model here is the interesting one because it'll be interesting to see how it appears in game, because the model in all the games using the CS models is purple, but the one they has posted here is blue, so they eitehr edited for the art work, ninja editing the model itself for encounters or some of the models have been remade for the game etc

Seeing Blucomon and co. in motion, they all look really nice! I especially like Cryspaledramon, those icy gauntlets look wicked.

Ain't got no mojo... SnowAgumonGemini's Avatar
    Bulcomon and itís evolutions are quickly becoming some of my new favorite Digimon. CrysPaledramon looks so much better in these higher res images. And yay for more ice-themed Digimon!

Eh, not really digging CrysPaledramon. It's thankfully not overdone like a lot of others, but with the ice-based anatomy it feels like they could have gone in a less buff direction.

I come from the net
    More new images on that final form. Surprised it doesn't look like an ice sorceress... Shame, she could be "Vortrex Warrior".

I guess that Ultimate form is no different from... Apollomon from Flaremon in similar designs of evolution line. lol

Something I noticed which may make things a little more interesting is that they seem to have changed up the evolution lines, even when theyre clearly just gonna reuse the CS roster. It showed Botamon -> Nyaromon but before this in CS/HM/Links, it was Punimon -> Nyaromon. Whilst it could be a one off, it's also something that could mean the evolution lines have been flipped around and such

Ain't got no mojo... Astrothunder's Avatar
    The new artwork looks nice. Hopefully they show off more Digimon in that style.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast