With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Haven't Heard About These

Haven't Heard About These

What is up with this DM line?
    Who makes them? Can anyone attest to their quality?
    Where can I find more information on these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digimon-EX-...75.c100623.m-1

Are there any pics of this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DM-06-Digim...mnz4:rk:9:pf:0
    Digimon World DS friend code: 511187899231

You probably haven't heard of them because these figures are bootlegs sold, like the auction page points out, from Hong Kong.
    So yeah, don't expect much in terms of quality although as far as bootlegs go these at least look like someone put a good amount of effort in them (many recent-ish bootleg models have simply been based off slightly polished game models).
    Most likely you'll only find information about them in chinese, the watermarks on the images point to a Sina Weibo account (which I'm pretty sure is inaccessible to anyone outside china).

I doubt the product you get in any way resembles those pictures, but they do look cool. Given that they're twice the price of an average Digimon figure these days, though, I can't see them being worth it. I'd be curious to see what they look like if anybody ends up getting one.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by BlankShell View Post
    I doubt the product you get in any way resembles those pictures, but they do look cool. Given that they're twice the price of an average Digimon figure these days, though, I can't see them being worth it. I'd be curious to see what they look like if anybody ends up getting one.
    They actually are, people on Reddit not too long ago got some of the X Figures and a Jesmon from Chinese bootlegs and they were really really good. Pretty sure it was that same Gallantmon X

https://old.reddit.com/r/digimon/com..._and_thoughts/

here it is. 99.9% sure that's the exact same figure

I remember also seeing tht Alphamon O that was linked posted on Reddit as well, dunno if the same guy or someone else but all the figures (but not Crimson Mode) I've seen people posting on Reddit the last few months
    Last edited by Muur; 11-01-2018 at 12:26 AM.

It's a high quality figure like 3rd Party Transformers and Gundams. Transformers fans and these guys get around legalities by being in Hong Kong, not using official names and these guys ship parts in two boxes. I think they do have a few issues and design quirks but it's not wlike crappy bootlegs you see on the rest of eBay. I think they're cheaper on Aliaexpress too.
    Last edited by flintlock; 11-01-2018 at 03:48 AM.