With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Nanowrimo

Nanowrimo

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone else is writing a novel this month. I am writing a novel and am writing a Digimon one at that. Maybe if there are other digimon writers here, we can support one another.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Iím not participating, myself. As a writer who likes to keep later revision to a minimum, Nanowrimo doesnít appeal to me much. Even assuming I could write a complete novel in a month, I canít see the result being usable.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Iím not participating, myself. As a writer who likes to keep later revision to a minimum, Nanowrimo doesnít appeal to me much. Even assuming I could write a complete novel in a month, I canít see the result being usable.
    I'm generally of a similar mindset, but it also leads to a lot of dragging my feet on the first draft, which is something Nanowrimo is ostensibly supposed to counter. I never participate, but I at least like to use it as an excuse to try write a little bit more =P

I have never reached 50K. But I feel it is a good way to get me writing. But I am noticing that people do manage to reach 50K so it'll be amazing if I manage to actually reach 50K in one month. I don't edit at all during Nano. I just tend to free write and edit once the month is over.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I might have a go next year but since I have visitors coming over next week and work I just wont have enough time this year to have a good go and be happy with it.