With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do the digivices use the dub names on the screen even in the original?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I'm curious now to learn whether "Gatomon," etc. were always used in Tri. I'd assumed that it was part of the Japanese version, but considering Crunchyroll did other stuff like censoring blood, and people have pointed out that the dub names' text style looks different, maybe it was changed after all. I doubt anyone here bought a Japanese release of it, though, since the version over here did have the Japanese audio track and subtitles of a sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    but it must also be weird for anyone in Japan watching it and who knows English and then sees "Gatomon" on the digivice lol
    I doubt they pay much attention, but since English is widely taught in Japan it would be much more likely for that to happen than it is for an English-speaking dub-watcher to notice that the names and attacks being spoken don't match the katakana on the Analyzer screens.
    We didn't get Digimon World 2 in Europe, but footage I've seen makes me cringe when they yell the attack name and the words say something completely different lol. at least the sistermons are the same in both lanuages, as they say their attacks in HM which is rare.

and the only one that seems to look 'different' on CR is MagnaAngemon, which is likely edited in as the previous film showed "holyangemon", only for the next one to show Magna, meaning its likely Magna was edited by CR themselves (but still left in Atlur). the rest, IMO at least, look the same. eg, gatomon and agumon

I also had no clue the blood was censored. I guess it's red in japan, not black?

as for digi analyser screens, yeah that's why they were lazy. only like 0.1% of fans will have seen whats written. makes snowmanmon funny due to his unintentional evil ness

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I also had no clue the blood was censored. I guess it's red in japan, not black?
    Yeah. I'm not sure, but I believe it was only black in the Crunchyroll version, and in the English Bluray release it went back to being blood-colored.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Yeah. I'm not sure, but I believe it was only black in the Crunchyroll version, and in the English Bluray release it went back to being blood-colored.
    Wow, I had assumed they made the blood darker-colored in that scene in part 6 because they wanted to give the impression that it had started to dry and clot. Never even crossed my mind that they might have censored it.

I come from the net
    In the Tri video Shadow Shinji linked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy74uKJ7O3w

2:29 Biyomon, 8:01 MagnaAngemon, 8:41 Salamon, 8:43 Gatomon

4:17 AtlurKabuterimon

Looks like it says "evolution" in lots of different languages.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Still, we don't know for certain though that the video was taken from a Japanese Bluray, since the English release came with Japanese audio as well.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net
    Hmm, right, it might be or it might not. But I guess it explains what this thread is about if anyone still doesn't get it.

So, does anyone here have the Japanese Tri disks or know someone who does?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12