With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New X-Antibody (Finalized Diablomon X & Sakuyamon X) Digimon Artwork from MonMon Memo

New X-Antibody (Finalized Diablomon X & Sakuyamon X) Digimon Artwork from MonMon Memo

It's time for a short and sweet MonMon Memo!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Big Dreamer Taoka is back for the 26th MonMon Memo! This time MonMon Memo is showing off some artwork in relation to something we saw earlier this week...

Also, yes, the image they made says 25. That's a typo.

Big Dreamer Taoka did a preview video of the Digital Monster X earlier this week with Victory Uchida, which featured our first look at Diablomon X, and our first proper (outside of a shikishi) look at Sakuyamon X. But these were actually early/rough illustrations.

To follow up on the video, MonMon Memo this week is showing off their finalized official artwork!

First up...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Diablomon X! This Digimon who already had a frightening appearance has evolved into a more terrible, horrible figure with the power of X-Evolution!

As'Maria did the design for him, and he will be in both Digital Monster X V-Pets!

Then we have...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Sakuyamon X! She's powerful from beginning to end. This attractive Digimon has a bewitching look and is filled with overflowing power.

She was designed by Kenji Watanabe and will only be in the Digital Monster X Black.

He asks that you train these Digimon if you get a chance in the Digital Monster X!

They'll follow up on the reveal of the character illustrations with an update on the Reference Book soon, which they hope you look forward to.

Next time MonMon Memo will go over raising, a core gameplay element, and he asks that he you look forward to it.

Further details on the Digital Monster X, including how to pre-order, can be found here.

Premium Bandai USA recently announced they will sell the Digital Monster X directly to fans in the US and Canada. Info on that can be found here.

Previous MonMon Memos have included:
    Cold Mode
    Copymon
    New Virus Busters
    New Nightmare Soldiers
    Silver Blue Special Digi-Eggs
    Silver Black Special Digi-Eggs, Plus ones in both!
    Jogress Digimon
    Password Digimon
    Overview of the 20th Pendulum, Plus Enemies in Battle Mode
    Kenji Watanabe Pendulum Interview
    CSA Digivice tri. Memorial
    Additional Digimon showing up in the Pendulum 20th 2nd Wave
    RagnaLordmon, Jogress of the 20th Anniversary Legend Arms
    Pendulum Art Book Sample Pages, Teasers, and Interview Details
    Pendulum Art Book Update- Digimon Designer Round Table! Plus Shikishi Artwork
    Introductions for the CSA Digivice 1999 and Terriermon Plush, plus X-Antibody Updates
    CSA Digivice 1999 Details
    RagnaLordmon and Finalized Wave 2 20th Pendulum Packaging
    Pendulum Art Book Preview- Twitter, Armor Evos, Omegamon, Chronicle
    Digimon in 2nd Wave of 20th Anniversary Pendulums & Art Book Preview
    Digital Monster X and X-Antibody Teasers
    Digital Monster X Booklet Details
    Digital Monster X Digimon Info & CSA Digivice 1999 Booklet Details
    Digital Monster X Map System Info
    Digital Monster X Battle System Info
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Honestly, I have differing thoughts on the changes to their design based on the rough/early designs we saw earlier in teh week.

The handful of subtle tweaks from the early art makes Diablomon X still appear like a fresh take on the character, while also making him feel more recognizable as Diablomon to me.

Sakuyamon X I actually don't like the changes. The changes to her outfit (removing some of the filled in space with more skin) comes across as a bit to cartoonishly fanservice to me, while in the early art, despite the fanservice, it came across as a sleek outfit. Perhaps the black mini kitsune spirits become the rest of the outfit and give a power boost?

I'm not sure how I feel about the changes to her staff either. More decoration and designwork is good, but it feels a bit garish.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    Wow?! Already?

Diablomon X's limbs are weird. Jelly-like liquid instead of wire cables? Even the blonde hair turned into X antibody hair....Oh well at least he look great.

Insane artwork for Sakuyamon X! Giant staff? Those giant and tiny foxes! I hope Baby I or II of her didn't die as that spirits like... A certain Armor digimon.
    She surely look so powerful.

Can't wait to read how the effects of X Antibodies grant newest abilities for them!

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    Wow, that is LARGE artwork, very different then what we're used to.
    I agree with an above post. Diablomon's tweaks look fine, but Sakuyamon tweaks are not favorable.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    They came really fast. Guess they're about to be in the DRB. Really badass arts

Add DazzleDream on Steam
    I think the green hair looks really good on Diablomon x. I just noticed with the legs attached to the longer tail like that; he has more of a y-shape with the three limbs. Maybe a reference to the Y2K bug he's based on? A great design either way-I really like the color scheme.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    As'Maria really know how to leave us speechless...I swear I'm going to have a nightmare with that think (just imagine Diablomon X in an anime series). About Sakuya X I don't really like it has more skin and less clothes than I expected, but still it's a gorgeous design overall. Looking forward to know more about them in the DRB update of this month, Also waiting for BeelStarmon X and Erismon profiles patiently (maybe this time too?).

I come from the net
    I wonder why Diablomon X colored so brightly compared to Diablomon? Oh also I'm glad it's not "eyes" although the concert art showed its attack...

I think I finally realized about Sakuyamon X's ball shoulder armorpads maybe they might be designed like Yin/Yang ball? No sign of the glowing crystal on her. But the red color is standing out, would it count? And with Sakuyamon X's appearance, I compared her with Sakuyamon and her Miko mode, I'm sure Sakuyamon X is 90% Miko mode and 10% Sakuyamon....

It make sense with Diaboromon X. Then on the last part of Tri, Evil Gennia says either Diaboromon or Daemon, I bet you this means Diaboromon X. Now to think of it, what if we get Daemon X next? We might see our next movie/TV show right there.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryudamon View Post
    It make sense with Diaboromon X. Then on the last part of Tri, Evil Gennia says either Diaboromon or Daemon, I bet you this means Diaboromon X. Now to think of it, what if we get Daemon X next? We might see our next movie/TV show right there.
    wouldnt they have to run the x program first to kill 98% of all mons

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast