With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: UK Season 4 and Seasons 1 thru 4 Boxset Covers, Plus Short Delay

UK Season 4 and Seasons 1 thru 4 Boxset Covers, Plus Short Delay

A few bits of good news plus some slightly bad news for our friends in the UK!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The cover art for the UK release of Digimon Season 4 (Frontier)! Like the recent release of Tamers, it appears to be based on the Australian cover art, but characters have been moved around and resized a bit.

UK fans have been waiting a long time for Digimon Frontier, as they've never gotten it in any form, down to a plain TV airing.

On top of that, more box art!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The cover art for the UK release of the Complete Season 1 thru 4 box is based on the US cover for the same release. It also has a handful of touch-ups, most notably being Koichi being shown with Loweemon instead of Duskmon.

The photo also appears to show the set is a fatpack, rather than 4 separate cases inside an outer box.

And we finish with a bit of bad news... (along with some really nice flat shots of the front covers.)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Both releases have been delayed! But it's not a bad delay. They've just been delayed a week, from the original date of October 29th to November 5th.

Amazon UK currently still shows the original date and pre-orders are still available:
    Digimon Season 4 (Frontier) DVD Box
    Digimon Season 1 thru 4 DVD Boxset

UK fans will be happy they finally have a proper release of Frontier, it's just a matter of if they are getting it as a single set, or the big box!

Previous news about these releases can be found here and here.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Noice. I'll get the 4 season collection.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I was expecting the 4 season Collection to feature the same amazing cover as the German release, but still so hyped our English mates will finally enjoy this little gem of season!! Also, kinda surprised to see LŲwemon in the Complete Season 1-4 Collection instead of Duskmon

Follow Artzei On Twitter Add Artzei on Facebook Add Artzei on Discord Visit Artzei's Youtube Channel Add Artzei on Steam Add Artzei on DeviantArt Visit Artzei on XBox Live Add Artzei on Google+
    Does it at least have the original Japanese dub and music? Otherwise i'll have to pass yet again, like on the others...

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Artzei View Post
    Does it at least have the original Japanese dub and music? Otherwise i'll have to pass yet again, like on the others...
    Dub only. MangaUK don't have rights to the Japanese stuff.

I am glad for UK Digimon Fans, that they get their Frontier Release. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Artzei View Post
    Why did you expect Japanese track with this set. I mean season three for one would not be able to due to some editing and censorship on that season cut certain episode short so Japanese audio track would not fit. Plus they donít have right. If manga uk did Japanese version would be it own relase
    Last edited by Kai32; 11-06-2018 at 01:44 AM.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    The German cover that Shinji linked to is better, but I'm also glad our version doesn't have that "04" tacked onto it.

Frontier's my least favourite season, and with this being an expensive couple of months I'm not exactly in a hurry to get it. But I'll likely pick it up at some point, especially if it means we end up getting Data Squad down the line.

Add DazzleDream on Steam
    All right! Looks like I'll finally be watching all of season 4!