With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How would you have changed the tri movies

Ain't got no mojo...
    I want to start saying that I loved the movies, TOEI could have just moved on but they decided (with partners) to give us a closure of what we have always loved. Unfortunately IMO it failed to give any conclusions at all. Man I loved, REALLY loved how it all began until the reset. From there on I sadly felt this was a fill-in in a Digimon story. I am not satisfied with the end product, but I am not mad at all, I am happy as hell of seeing all characters I love once again. I will give my liver if they made another 6 chapter that goes nowhere.

But because they won't, I was expecting so many closures that did not happen, that disappointed me in the end. Loved it, but I'm just frustrated because it could have been so much better !!

Digimon Tri need More Action , Fighting Scenes

also new feature beside evolution
    Atsumaru Kokoro wa Tatakau Tsuyosa ni Naru Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by DudeMon View Post
    Digimon Tri need More Action , Fighting Scenes

also new feature beside evolution
    This, tri was completely lacking compared to regular seasons of digimon in term of plot and fighting/action. Like I could do without 15 minutes of cooking, 10 minutes of eating, 5 minutes of people looking glum while cicadas croaked in the background. I skipped through the talking scenes and just started the play again at fighting scenes and still understood everything that happened.
    T

Let someone work out a script for someone who really knows the show.

As mentioned:

Edit background around children from 02. What they did with them was really pitiful. Even if only a mention was made that they had gone to the Digital World some time ago and Taichi and others had lost contact with them, it would have been better than what we had seen. We could add a few more words about futile attempts to contact and worry about them.

Better process and explain reboot. Why did Piyomon change its nature? The conflict between her and Sora was completely different.

Please, though I like Yggy, throw him out of the Tri. It works very cheesy. Especially with regard to materials around the series. Instead, pay more attention to Eniac. Or explain what happened to him. Okay, so Homestasis with Yggy is playing and Eniac drinks coffee somewhere in the background. A lot of fans upset this fact. Just because all the time the kids knew about the existence of the Digital World, they were not even told about Yggdrasill. And one thing is and wants to wipe out humanity. Please work with Eniac or pay more attention to Yggy. And explain his presence more than just being, and it's a crazy killing AI. So, either you accept the set concept or explain it.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Y'know what? I wouldn't change a thing.

--

Okay, for realsies though; I enjoyed tri a lot. At the moment it ranks second overall in my favourites, right behind Adventure itself. The story was fine, and to me the character development and deconstruction of each of the kids' roles and traits - or rather, their crests - clearly showed how well the writers understood the original show. All in all, the thing I enjoyed most was, I guess, the most heavily advertised aspect of seeing our old favourites again and how they've (almost!) grown up with us.

As much as I roll my eyes every time the 02 kids are brought up - because, as someone who was frustrated with the frequent and very blatant nerfing of the '99 crew in favour of the new kids in 02, it's funny to me how now people like those characters - or wonder if I watched the same film as everyone else when DigiTwitter collectively flipped its lid after Part 5? I will admit, tri. isn't perfect by any means, and there are some aspects I would tweak.

Let's start with Daisuke and Co. since they're the most popular point of contention. In retrospect, from all the marketing and trailers and stuff leading up to Part 1, it was clear as day that the focus of this story was always going to be on the '99 kids, and Meiko, and their partner Digimon, and a mysterious pair of adults. That's a lot of characters, and I don't see how the films would have benefited from the 02 cast playing a major role; if anything tri. would have been more rushed and convoluted with them appearing as spotlight stealing central characters. With that said, I don't think writing them out altogether would have been ideal as that would have made people more upset, but I also don't need Daisuke and Co. being constantly name dropped and the '99 kids wondering out loud where they are every five seconds. More foreshadowing of what we eventually saw of them in Part 6 might have quelled peoples' frustrations, but that's really all I would change about their role.

Part 2's final battle was fine and I have no issue with Imperialdramon being featured but the whole setup of 'it takes place in this safe and convenient space that only two of the partner Digimon can get into and everyone else is locked out, and because it exclusively takes place in this safe and convenient space there are no real world consequences'... well, my point being that it was a bit of a cop out, and admittedly this may be why I view Part 2 less favourably compared to the rest of tri.

Part 4's battle against Mugendramon is something else I would have tweaked. Watching the three Megas ganging up on him was fun - after sitting through all those lengthy evolution sequences - but the fact that it's specifically HerculesKabuterimon and Seraphimon joining the fight feels like they were thrown in to compensate for Hercs not showing off his special attack in Part 3, and Seraph being absent from that film. Hououmon turning Mugendramon into molten slag all by herself would have been much more effective, both as a display of her power and as a conclusion to Sora and Piyomon's arc in this film. Seraphimon should have been saved for Part 6, which would have kept the tradition of Patamon's forms showing up late and being a beacon of hope against the darkness and such.

In Part 6 Gennai is clearly shown as a silhouette in one of the tubes with the 02 gang. But despite this, no mention of him is made whatsoever, and as a result there's still confusion - especially in the dub script - over the identity of the Mysterious Man. That's all well and good when he's messing with the characters and the audience, but when the real Gennai is right there in what amounts to a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo and isn't even mentioned by name? No wonder people are confused!

Finally, for now: while I don't mind the absence of Warp Evolutions, they should have used one for Agumon before he joins the final battle.
    Last edited by wildwing64; 07-22-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Ain't got no mojo... ShaggyPacMon's Avatar
    Currently, I shack up in Wyoming. It sucks
    Follow ShaggyPacMon On Twitter
    While I agree with wildwing on 02 characters maybe being overkill if they were in it, I honestly half expected Davis and Co to join the final fight, though it may have been undeserved for them. (I just wanted to see my boy Veemon to be honest.) But after reading the aforementioned post, I can see why that would be an issue, and I'm hoping Last Evolution can manage to balance 01 and 02 Digi-Destined well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234