With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digital Monster X Video Preview, 1st look at Diablomon X, Better Look at Sakuyamon X

Can we just get diaboromon x to be in an adventure anime and just have him destroy myotismon who we think is the true
    villain but then this terrifying monstrosity shows up and is like nope thats me and vaporizes him
    and everyones like is ...is that.... diaboromon?

because diaboromon x looks amazing and so does sakuyamon x
    it's a shame x Digimon don't really get in games aside from digimon world 4/x if I remember correctly

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    There's a few in re digitize

Those both look really interesting. I was not entirely sure how they would approach Diablomon X but this design really hits the spot and shows how there's more nuance to the X-Designs than simply adding more spikes. Especially noteworthy is that while in many cases the added edges and armor makes Digimon look more futuristic and mechanical they actually went almost the opposite way here as the elaborate armor decorations and details such as the Arm- and hairbands actually make the X-variant look more "tribal" and occult than the original's straight up alien vibe.

In Sakuyamon's case there don't seem to be too many drastic changes. If you just looked the of her X-form silhouette next to her normal one, there would honestly not much of a visible difference besides the new white ribbons. Most of the new details and colors look quite good, I appreciate that they added splashes of red without going overboard but I'm not sure how I feel about the erasure of basically any blue color which gives the design a very different feel of contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    he is no longer "toad" and now he grew a tadpole tail.
    Toads must be really weird where you live...

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagatem View Post
    it's a shame x Digimon don't really get in games aside from digimon world 4/x if I remember correctly
    And more recently, quite a few in Digimon Linkz.
    Last edited by Theigno; 10-17-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Diaboromon X looks creepy.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Those both look really interesting. I was not entirely sure how they would approach Diablomon X but this design really really hits the spots and shows how there's more nuance to the X-Designs than simply adding more spikes. Especially noteworthy is that while in many cases the added edges and armor makes Digimon look more futuristic and mechanical they actually went almost the opposite way here as the elaborate armor decorations and details such as the Arm- and hairbands actually make the X-variant look more "tribal" and occult than the original's straight up alien vibe.

In Sakuyamon's case there don't seem to be too many drastic changes. If you just looked the of her X-form silhouette next to her normal one, there would honestly not much of a visible difference besides the new white ribbons. Most of the new details and colors look quite good, I appreciate that they added splashes of red without going overboard but I'm not sure how I feel about the erasure of basically any blue color which gives the design a very different feel of contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    he is no longer "toad" and now he grew a tadpole tail.
    Toads must be really weird where you live...

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagatem View Post
    And more recently, quite a few in Digimon Linkz.
    True, and its likely some of them will be copied over into other games as it's a simple dropping models into other games like they already do. That base set of Digimon from the first Cyber Sleuth have been in everything now lmao. Is good for lesser known Digimon like Cyclonemon and BlackKingNumemon I suppose lol but I'm kinda getting bored of those 250

not sure it'll be PS4 games theyre put into though, Habu stated he doesnt like recolours, which explains why only Turerimon and a few others got copied into HM, not even the new Omnimons

I feel more accepting to X forms now though, I think it'd be a good way to upgrade some of the weaker Digimon in the PS4 games if they dont have a higher form already. EG, PrinceMamemon is the weakest Mega, so giving him PrinceMamemon X would be a good way to boost him to better stats without making him too OP so yeah, I hated X forms at first, although I do think they've put more effort into the more recent ones, cuz like you said, they had an obsession with spikes

I come from the net
    That sure looks like a X-form. Truly, a monster. And Sakuyamon doesn't look as bad as we though.

Another interesting detail I just noticed about Diablomon's design: the non armor parts seem to actually be translucent
    At first I thought that the blue crystal like pieces you can see on his limbs were just markings on the surface of his skin but one of the little sketches next to his arm seems to show them to be inside his body, especially with the way it's visible in the cross-section part.
    I'm sure the translucency will be more obvious in the finished artwork; It adds another layer to the design's theme of making him look more like an evil spirit.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Diablomon X's design is sick and Sakuyamon X reminds me to an armoured version of Miko Mode!!! Amazing

I come from the net
    lol only tadpoles can grow into frogs/toads in real life. I'm so used to this usual Diablomon's "toad stance" now Diablomon X grew a tail it's like... Messed reverse evolution... Seriously look at Diablomon X's legs hugging with its own tail is kinda... Childish? (Very creepy....)

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Especially noteworthy is that while in many cases the added edges and armor makes Digimon look more futuristic and mechanical they actually went almost the opposite way here as the elaborate armor decorations and details such as the Arm- and hairbands actually make the X-variant look more "tribal" and occult than the original's straight up alien vibe.
    Maybe Diablomon's shell isn't really tech but more of study husk shell thingy? Although Armor ones with X forms are amazing. I think I will get worried if something happen to Sepikmon getting X form, would it have futuristic or tribal or might get demanded from the Digimon staff personally?

Ain't got no mojo... Astrothunder's Avatar
    Diablomon X looks like a Zelda boss. I love it. Definitely better than the vanilla Diablomon design.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast