With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Seasons 1 thru 4 Gone from Crunchyroll and iTunes, License Expiring?

Digimon Seasons 1 thru 4 Gone from Crunchyroll and iTunes, License Expiring?

Perhaps a sad round of streaming news...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

For the moment, the dubs of Digimon Seasons 1 thru 4 are no longer listed on Crunchyroll or the iTunes store.

Earlier, people had commented about it being gone from Crunchyroll, which looked like a glitch at the time due to 'Start Watching' buttons still appearing on pages, but after looking around it appears it may be an expired licensed.

As pointed out by Crunchyroll forum member asharka...
    <crunchyroll:premiumEndPubDate>Thu, 11 Oct 2018 20:00:00 GMT</crunchyroll:premiumEndPubDate>
    <crunchyroll:freeEndPubDate>Thu, 11 Oct 2018 20:00:00 GMT</crunchyroll:freeEndPubDate>
    Crunchyroll's RSS feed shows an end date of earlier today for the episodes, so at the moment it wouldn't be a surprise if this was the end, but a renewal is always possible.

After that, some looking around also showed that Seasons 1 thru 4 no longer appear to purchase in the iTunes store (although Data Squad and Fusion still are, for now.)

The shows are still up for streaming on Hulu or Yahoo View for now, so whether this is rights expiring at a few places at the same time, or Cinedigm's rights to stream/sell certain seasons digitally have expired isn't clear at the moment.

This also doesn't affect the subtitled version of Xros Wars and Hunters on Crunchyroll, and Digimon Adventure tri., the sub version which is distributed by Toei digitally, and the dub which is distributed digitally by Cinedigm.

Thanks to a number of people for bringing this to our attention.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... DigimonFan's Avatar
    I hope Crunchyroll can renew the license, or another service (like Netflix) picks it up.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Why canít they keep it permanently?

I come from the net
    Money my dear Laz. heh heh Sorry, references. But yeah. That's it. Licenses cost money. But I hope someone gets them.

This is why it's always good to have a physical copy, you don't have to worry about being halfway through a show and then they lose the license. XD

Ain't got no mojo... DigimonFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    This is why it's always good to have a physical copy, you don't have to worry about being halfway through a show and then they lose the license. XD
    so true :3

Completely digital Velocifaptor's Avatar
    Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+
    They should just bring it to Netflix worldwide. Will be much easier to watch it then. Atm, there is no Digimon on Netflix India, which is the saddest part.

I come from the net
    I'm sure that's a license issue. If they could they would have a great deal ago. I'm pretty sure that's it.