With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capsule Mascot Collection Premium Series 1 Details, Images, and Pre-Orders are Open!

Capsule Mascot Collection Premium Series 1 Details, Images, and Pre-Orders are Open!

It's been a bit of a wait since we first found out about this...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The first series of Digital Monster Capsule Mascot Collection Premium figures!

The first look we had at these were back at Digimon Thanksgiving when a prototype of BlitzGreymon was on display!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The theme behind the new line is 'The Digital Monster Capsule Mascot Collection Evolves!'

Just like the normal Capsule Mascot Collection figures, each figure is made to be a 3d representation of the official Bandai art for the Digimon.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The first figure is BlitzGreymon, a newer Digimon who first appeared in the 20th Anniversary V-Pet!

This is the first figure BlitzGreymon has ever had and it's roughly 3 inches tall. The figure looks fantastic from every angle!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Some comments from Kenji Watanabe about BlitzGreymon!

I'd say BlitzGreymon is really the highlight of this set. You can really feel its volume and it has an amazing texture to it. The pose is also cool. I want it myself. In terms of figure lineup I would have thought 'why this [particular Digimon]'?, but this time it's rather 'This is it!'
    There is also a longer interview with him that hopefully we will get a translation of.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Also in the first series will be two more Digimon, but instead of from something newer, they are both from the original 1.0 V-Pet!

Meramon! His paint scheme helps produce the look of flames and he's about 1.75 inches tall.

Airdramon! The paint scheme for Airdramon helps reproduce the look of his art and he's roughly 2.2 inches tall.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The first series will also include 5 additional figures that have been released before!

Botamon, Koromon, Agumon, Greymon, and MetalGreymon! (These are the 'exact' figures released in the Capsule Mascot Collection series 1, 2, and 3.)

With them and BlitzGreymon you get a full evolution line from beginning to end!

It's a nice set of 8 figures!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Pre-orders for Series 1 of the Digital Monster Capsule Mascot Collection Premium are open right now at Premium Bandai! The set costs 4,980 yen and shipping is scheduled for March 2019.

But then they've decided to leave us with a bit extra...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

'And the Capsule Mascot Collection will keep evolving!'

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Teasers for the next series of Capsule Mascot Collection Premium figures, silhouettes of Whamon, CresGarurumon, and Birdramon!

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend a few potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
    Buyee
    From Japan (this From Japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
    Samurai Buyer
    DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

Update- Cleaned up the translation a bit thanks to garm.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Whoooooooa, the texture on that Meramon.

I'm a Maniac
    This is amazing. Almost makes me regret pre-ordering the Digital Monster X so I'd have the money for this. Almost.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    BlitzGreymon and the others look gorgeous!! Confirmed to be the canon evolution of the original MetalGreymon as hinted in the Digital Monster 20th Artbook. If only they make a figure for GraceNovamon and Rasielmon...I'd whatever it takes to get one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    BlitzGreymon and the others look gorgeous!! Confirmed to be the canon evolution of the original MetalGreymon as hinted in the Digital Monster 20th Artbook. If only they make a figure for GraceNovamon and Rasielmon...I'd whatever it takes to get one of them.
    BlitzGreymon was the end of the Greymon line from the revised 1.0 in the 20th V-Pet.

We've known this for quite awhile, it has nothing to do with any type of canon.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I tend to think 'Why?',
    Unusually candid moment from a Bandai employee. Of course, I have the same thought all the time about Digimon products, so this is kind of reassuring. lol
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Haha, I literally bought the whole Greymon line in anticipation of Blitzgreymon. Now I'll have dupes. Can probably sell them on eBay to recoup some losses.

All look great though. BlitzGreymon is nice and colorful, and the attention to detail on Meramon is outstanding. He definitely looks more sinister in the figure incarnation though, not that I mind.

Cleaned up the translation a bit thanks to garm.

BlitzGreymon really does stand out
    Hope Airdramon and Meramon stands out too....and is not like Angemon and Devimon b4 (they didnt look that good imo lol)

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    -Eyes up MetalGreymon figure on desk that he paid a bit too much for- SON OF A BI-

...Oh well, guess I'll be getting this too
    Last edited by wildwing64; 10-10-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast