With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capsule Mascot Collection Premium Series 1 Details, Images, and Pre-Orders are Open!

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Is it me, or does BlitzGreymon's red color scheme make me think of ShineGreymon Burst Mode?

It does remind me of ShineGreymon BM lol

Hope it can move its arms xD

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by AppliFang View Post
    Hope it can move its arms xD
    These figures are all in fixed poses. No articulation unfortunately.

Mind you if this does well, I wonder if we'll get a Figuarts or something down the line...

I NEED these in my life. I was excited enough for blitz but meramon looks amazing

I'm a bit torn on these... the rough texture that they are using for the figures works great for some of them but worse for others. I realize they are emulating the grungy style of the early artwork but even then it's an aesthetic that only looks good on organic designs. It looks fantastic on Meramon and the Agumon line but BlitzGreymon who is very much a product of the later sleeker and cleaner generation of Digimon designs just looks kind of cheap with it. Having this uneven and noisy look all over the metal parts that are clearly smooth and shiny in his actual design is a weird visual clash that I just can't really overlook. Airdramon veers in the same direction since his skin has been portrayed as being on the glossier side before... but it's not as distracting with him.

The way they're doing this is actually pretty awful. 8 minifigures, 5 unique and 3 duplicates on HLJ were about 2500 yen. This is about 5000 yen plus middleman fees for 8 figures 5 of which are duplicates from previous series. And in terms of Digimon choices if it was just Greymon figures or just BlitzGreymon I'd understand, but if you want to complete the Vpet rosters without buying new 20th bigger figures like Blitz and Cres you need to buy these because Airdramon and Meramon are here and Whamon and Birdramon for the next. It's not even really high end collector figs, it's all gashapon toys.
    Last edited by flintlock; 10-10-2018 at 02:19 PM.

I come from the net
    Wow. That Greymon figure is cool. Nice to see it. I was thinking about Cresent Garurumon next.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12