With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Universe Appli Monsters Arcade Games

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter

Digimon Universe Appli Monsters Arcade Games

While editing the article of the Arcade Game of the Super Digica Taisen TCG on Wikimon (which by the way it seems to be a different one than the Digimon X Arena), I have just recall a timeline which was exhibited during the "Digimon Adventure: The Real World" event which displayed all the TCG plus the related Arcade games as well as the main V-Pets and Digivices of Digimon:

My question is do we know the names of the three from Appli Monsters? I haven't found a single article talking about that and I was curious to know if it should have one and why is splited into two apart from the TCG of Appmon itself. If I'm not wrong, Appmon had two different TCG: the Appli Monsters Card Game & the Data Carddass Appli Monsters which worked with the Arcade machine game, so which one is the one in the middle? I would appreciate your help guys!

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    "Appmon Gachinko Bingo"? Almost looks more like a slot machine or something than a cardass game. Here's a website for it: https://gashapon.jp/appmon/capture/ Seems to have something to do with the chips.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Add Garmmon on DeviantArt
    It's a mini arcade (?) game usually found next to Appmon chip gachapon machines I think, basically you can scan your Appmon chips (as well as an Applidrive if you have one for a power boost) and then fight enemy Appmon in the game. If you manage to get a bingo in-game then you can win one of the exclusive Appmon chips with the bingo words on them.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Sounds interesting...I'm still surprised how many different products were released during the Appmon era and how all of them fade away so quickly. I wonder if we'll ever see any Digimon series this different and refreshing considering how hard all the Appmon-related products failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    I'm still surprised how many different products were released during the Appmon era and how all of them fade away so quickly. I wonder if we'll ever see any Digimon series this different and refreshing considering how hard all the Appmon-related products failed.
    The Appmon products "failing" has always merely been hearsay from what I've heard. We only know that the 3DS game didn't do well and we can't exactly attribute the same circumstances or reasons for the rest of the merch. I mean what is the proof people have for that? Maybe that appmon merch were no longer heavily stocked at some arbitrary point in time at a handful of shops? But who is to tell if that's "failing" when it can easily just be the intended product cycle that the companies involved are completely satisfied with?

Especially pointing towards people around here not knowing about arcade machines is ...meaningless. In contrast to the anime games and other merch those simply don't make their way over here. It's not like we know much about the original Data Carddass Battle Terminal arcades, so it's not like this is a phenomenon exclusive to Appmon.

Also, we have the bingo machines documented in a forum thread: https://withthewill.net/threads/1664...o!-Arcade-game
    ...And it seems that both "story" and mechanics wise there just isn't a lot to talk about.