With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digivolving Spirits 06 AtlurKabuterimon- Breakdown, Scans, and Photos

Digivolving Spirits 06 AtlurKabuterimon- Breakdown, Scans, and Photos

This is one people have been waiting for!

The sixth Digivolving Spirits figure, AtlurKabuterimon!

Released a few weeks ago in Japan and scheduled later this month in the US, Digivolving Spirits 06 AtlurKabuterimon is the newest Digivolving Spirits figure.

This is the first figure in the line that we didn't see to some degree day 1 when the line was announced.

The scans went mostly fine, minus that the box is slightly slippery to the touch. Luckily I remembered this from prior figures and took it into account when I was scanning it.

First up, the packaging.

The scan of the front of the box is at the top of the article. A photo of the front is included here.

The front of the box has a clean style to it with some nice flair, which matches the overall branding for the Digivolving Spirits line. The logo for the line has been a combined English/Japanese logo since we first saw it, and just below is the name of the figure (along with his lower form and the part of the franchise he's from just above.) Having the number underneath so huge is no doubt to help it stand out well on a shelf side by side with other Digivolving Spirits figures.

In the center left we also get a reflective Diecast Evolution 'plate' that they're putting on figures in the line to show off it having diecast metal. The bottom right corner has company logos, along with the Digimon Adventure logo.

A few notable changes this time is the normal Bandai logo being replaced with the Bandai Spirits version of the logo, along with a 'Tamashii Nations Quality' sticker being added to the package.

The high point of the front has to be the new artwork by longtime Digimon designer Kenji Watanabe. The artwork of Tentomon and AtlurKabuterimon is designed to have little touches and flourishes based on the figure itself (most notable in this case is probably the number of arm joints.) This one is also a bit unique in that the energy from Alphamon's attack is foil, having a nice and dynamic look to the cover.

It stands out well from many other collector's figures by showing some great art instead of just showing us the figure.

The sides of the box feature the different forms of the figure, along with bits of the artwork that go past the front of the box (some of AtlurKabuterimon and his attack.)

The top has the logo, along with silhouettes for the figures (along with a touch of elements from the front artwork.) Very basic and nice.

The bottom has various legal and informational details.

The only notable difference between Japanese and US figure stock is here. Bluefin, the US distributor for Tamashii products, including Digivolving Spirits, adds a small label with various information they need to include. This figure is from Japanese stock so does not include the sticker.

The back of the box features various text and logo touches from the front, along with some nice images of the figure itself.

Most of the text is in both English and Japanese, and the small amount that isn't is the basic profile information for Dorumon and Alphamon that we've all seen a number of times.

We also get a small preview of the seventh figure in the line, HolyAngemon!

When the top of the box is opened there are flaps on either side.

The left flap shows AtlurKabuterimon, along with the crest of Knowledge. This is included with cut guidelines in case they decide to do a campaign in the future that requires proof of purchase.

The right flap features Tentomon! Tentomon is asking buyers to please fill out the questionnaire that's included with the instructions. Although it's notable that he appears to be asking more politely than the other characters have...

There is one more flap actually...

Continuing from previous figures there is a small flap on the top of the box that folds behind the back of the box. Like the other figures, just a little bit of text, and this ones text is a fun surprise...

Koushiro-han, it's time for evolution!
    A 100% unnecessary touch that most people will likely never even notice, but continues the tradition of Digivolving Spirits having little messages 'from' each Digimon on the inner flap.

This one is probaby my favorite though, since it includes a character touch that just makes me smile.

Then we have the instruction sheet included.

The instructions are a single sheet printed on both sides, folded in half twice.

The instruction sheet is in Japanese, but with key bits in English.

The questionnaire that was mentioned is a link to an online one instead of an actual physical form to fill out.

One touch that is nice is where they sketch outlines and highlight the areas they are talking about in a very purpley color to make it extra clear what parts they are referring to.

The instructions overall appear reasonably clear, but I wish the whole thing was translated.

Looking at the figure used in the instructions, it appears to be an early unpainted prototype.

AtlurKabuterimon's sheet is printed a touch smaller than recent ones, making it a bit easier to deal with. It's printed on glossy paper, and the box is so large it fits in the box very well.

As for the figure itself...

We have a thread for the figure, and we have people in the community who photograph figures far better than me, and hopefully some good images show up soon.

But I couldn't help myself to take a few from the figure still in the plastic shell once I removed that from the box.

Packaged as AtlurKabuterimon, the figure is packaged fully transformed. You can also see the stand, alongside the pieces that let you use it for both forms of the figure.

Removing the front of the shell lets you more clearly see the figure. The AlutKabuterimon figure looks nice and detailed.

AlutKabuterimon is honestly the best Digivolving Spirits yet. In both forms it effectively has no compromises and you can look at the figure from nearly any angle and it looks perfect. Tentomon and AtlurKabuterimon have set a new high bar for the line.

The popularity of Tentomon has made this a figure many people have been looking forward to, and I imagine it'll be quite popular.

The fact that the figure looks great in both forms, and isn't even insanely complicated for the transformation really makes this a joy.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

AtlurKabuterimon is still available to order. (Affiliate links)
    Digivolving Spirits #06 AtlurKabuterimon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #06 AtlurKabuterimon at Amazon USA

And after AtlurKabuterimon will be...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

HolyAngemon! One of the more popular Digimon overall and the last Perfect form to appear in Adventure! He's out December in Japan for 7,200 yen, while US figures will ship in February! (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #07 HolyAngemon at CDJapan (Currently sold out)
    Digivolving Spirits #07 HolyAngemon at Amazon USA

Plus after that...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The US release of BlackWarGreymon will be released in the US in May 2019 for $65. Pre-orders are currently up at Amazon: (affiliate link)
    Digivolving Spirits #08 BlackWarGreymon at Amazon USA
    Japanese orders for BlackWarGreymon will have to go through an intermediary.

And based on prior information, we have some idea what Digivolving Spirits we hope to see soon...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digivolving Spirits Dukemon, who has been on display at a number of toy shows (and has been teased to be after HolyAngemon.)

Then there is a prototype of Garudamon (and Piyomon) from the recent Digimon Thanksgiving stream, plus artwork of Lilymon and Zudomon, the last 2 Adventure partners.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Artwork and a very early prototype of Ouryumon.

And also from Digivolving Thanksgiving, our first look at a Beelzebumon Blast Mode/Impmon figure.

Every figure we've seen looks fantastic and I can't wait for more to come out.

The images can all be found in the gallery.

The scans are small compared to the master scans I did (the work and backup folder structure for the scans and photos ended up being 13.5 gigs.)

Lots of Digimon stuff is coming out soon and supporting us via our Patreon or donations would be greatly appreciated so that we can do more breakdowns and improve the site. Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the figure.

If you want to discuss the figure itself there is a discussion thread here.

And if you want to order or pre-order other Digivolving Spirits...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

#01 WarGreymon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at CDJapan (currently on sale)
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at Amazon USA

#02 MetalGarurumon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at CDJapan (currently sold out)
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at Amazon USA

#03 Diablomon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at Amazon USA

#04 Angewomon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at CDJapan (currently sold out)
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at Amazon USA

#05 Alphamon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon at CDJapan (currently sold out)
    Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon At Amazon USA
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Haha, mine literally just arrived in the mail. I'll give some thoughts in a few days.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Can't wait for the next one to come out!

Seriously The Beelzemon figure artwork not showing his shotgun's makes me worried

I come from the net
    Great to hear about this. I sure does look nice and I bet it'd be real fun to transform.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Why are these aimed at adult collectors only?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Because they have the money to buy ridiculous toys like this.