With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adventure Featured in 2019 Toei Calendars with new Artwork

Adventure Featured in 2019 Toei Calendars with new Artwork

Calendar time!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We got news of a calendar in the west awhile back, but we have details of some new Toei calendars from Japan for those who like to import.

First up is the Toei TV Animation Calendar 2019. This calendar features 6 of Toei's evergreen anime franchises, each of which gets a new image with 2 months printed below the image.

Outside of Digimon, it includes One Piece, Pretty Cure, Kitaro, Dragon Ball, and Sailor Moon.

For Digimon we get...

Some really nice new Digimon Adventure artwork!

Adventure will be used for May and June.

The easiest place to order from for importers, at least at the moment, appears to be JBox.

And then we have another one!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Toei 2019 TV Animation Calendar (yep, same name, different calendar!) has a wider range of franchises features on it, with a different image per month (it seemingly doesn't have TV Animation on the cover to avoid confusion with the other one.)

The preview here is a bit smaller, but more new Adventure art!

Adventure is being used for March!

This one is available at CDJapan (affiliate link.)

Although one thing to be aware of if you shop around...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

An alternate (unused) cover for the second calendar uses the full title, making it easy to confuse with the first calendar. The easiest way to tell between them is to look for Goku, he's Super Saiyan on one calendar, and Super Saiyan Blue on the other.

Hopefully Toei and their sales partners didn't mix up the images which could confuse which calendar is which further (wouldn't want to order a calendar thinking you were getting one and getting the other instead...)

And of course, hopefully we get better quality images for the Digimon art soon!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Seems like Digimon Adventure should have been August in the second calendar. Literally the entire series takes place in that month. But, whatever. New art is new art.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Seems like Digimon Adventure should have been August in the second calendar. Literally the entire series takes place in that month. But, whatever. New art is new art.
    Well, keep in mind that this calendar is for Toei's anime in general. So, they probably need other kind of reasons to chose a month.

They probably chose March for the second calendar, because Adventure started airing that month.

August month is probably for an anime that started on August.
    Last edited by Kon; 10-01-2018 at 06:20 AM.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Son of a bitch, Adventure standing alongside One Piece, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon and PreCure? If you had told me that ten years ago, I would’ve laughed in your face. This really is the Silver Age of DIGIMON.

Ain't got no mojo... Astrothunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    Son of a bitch, Adventure standing alongside One Piece, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon and PreCure? If you had told me that ten years ago, I would’ve laughed in your face. This really is the Silver Age of DIGIMON.
    Now if only they'd acknowledge that there are other seasons besides Adventure, then things would really be looking up.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    There’s an interesting point. Which Pretty Cure series did they feature? The first one? The newest? The most popular?

oh mann, Tai and Mat, Mat and Tai. Boring. Get over it. I want to see new things.

Quote Originally Posted by MedievalDukemon View Post
    oh mann, Tai and Mat, Mat and Tai. Boring. Get over it. I want to see new things.
    If you're going to bitch, at least be accurate to what you are bitching about since all the characters are in the calendar images.

Gotta go with the parts of the franchise that are recognizable and actually sell, especially with a character calendar.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrothunder View Post
    Now if only they'd acknowledge that there are other seasons besides Adventure, then things would really be looking up.
    The what now?

Junior Commander AliceKaninchenbau's Avatar
    Follow AliceKaninchenbau On Twitter Visit AliceKaninchenbau's Youtube Channel Add AliceKaninchenbau on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    There’s an interesting point. Which Pretty Cure series did they feature? The first one? The newest? The most popular?
    Looks like the original Futari wa (no Shiny Luminous from Max Heart) and the main trio from the latest season, Hugtto

Nice to see that they're including Ojamajo Doremi on one of the calendars vwv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast