With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Help/ brainstorming with Cyber Sleuth AU

  1. #1
    Ain't got no mojo... LeoWolfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    21

    Help/ brainstorming with Cyber Sleuth AU

    Hello

    As the title says I need some help and suggestion for a Cyber Sleuth AU I am trying to write. Put simply it is set in the Cyber Sleuth universe but the reason it is an alternate reality or take in it is because it follows after the events of a what if scenario. The what if being would happen if by the end of both games (since they take place at the same time), the Digital world and Earth stayed connected and they had to learn to live together as a result. The story is set three years after the fact. What would happen with things like security and insurance due to hackers using the digimon? Would people use digimon if they were still able to manifest in human world? Would Eden still be used to the same extent it once was? Will it have a competitor? You get the idea.


    I have a few ideas already such as the teams my OC's will use in this story and over all plot. But if I'm honest while I have looked at sites such as Wikimon and using what I do know from various games including of course both Cyber Sleuth games that I have played. I'm not sure about which evolution paths to take to get to certain digimon that will fit with the characters. Nor do I know enough, fiction or otherwise to come up with enough what ifs for my liking.

    Which is why with everyones permission I would like to have a bit of a brainstorm on here and ask for peoples opinions on what they think would happen in such a world. As well as what digivolution lines you think would fit best with and to get to the following listed below.

    I will be using the names the digimon are listed as having on the Wikimon site. I should probably note that I am only going up to Ultimate for each one as it is known in English. I will think about going to Mega if the story requires it later but for now it does not. It should also be noted that because this is set in the same areas as the games the OCs are all from Japan at the moment as well. I have written their surnames first:

    Character 1
    Name: Kobayashi Tsukiya
    Brief description: Tsukiya is an old fashioned lone hacker (one who doesn't use digimon) but currently cares for Psychemon (Niji) and Tukaimon (Pafu) after rescuing them in their in training forms. While they were being attacked by a rampaging Tyrannomon. During the events just after Arata had closed the gateway opened by Crusadermon. It seems to others that he does not want anything to do with digimon. But in truth he is fond and overly protective of Niji and Pafu. Not wanting them to come with him because he belives it to be too dangerous and views rookie digimon in a similar way to human children. Seeing their in training as that of a humans toddler stage and champion as when they become somewhere between a teenager and adult. He meets Wanyamon during the actual story.

    First digimon line: Tunomon > Psychemon > ? > ?

    Second digimon line: ? > Tukaimon > Devidramon > ?

    Third digimon line: Wanyamon > ? > ? > Kyukimon


    (I originally wanted Psychemon to evolve into Sangloupmon but I need to keep in mind the digivolutions already in Hacker's Memory. I also don't want to copy the whole Psychemon to Astamon from Xros wars. Also based on the Cyber Sleuth games however I am also working of the idea that if it isn't already established it might work. Should I go with Sangloupmon anyway)?

    Character 2

    Name: Onishi Fumiko
    Brief description: Fumiko was taking part in small a Surfing competition at Shonan beach during the events of the gate being opened. Which resulted in her accidentally crashing into Betamon. Who was then a Bukamon only for him to somehow end up on her head after the fact. The two have been together ever since and when not practising their surfing together. Fukimo and Betamon are studying for Fukimo's final High school exams.

    First digimon line: The already established in game (Hacker's Memory) line of, Bukamon > Betamon > Airdramon > Wingdramon

    Second digimon line: Chicchimon > Hyokomon > Burarimon > ?

    Third digimon line: ? > ? > ? > Bastemon

    Character 3

    Name: Hirano Eito
    Brief description: Also in his last year of high school and in the same one as Fumiko, Eito is part of the hacker group called the Night blade. Which was formed not long before the events of the gate opening. He met FanBeemon as a Tanemon when on his way home after attending the after school brass band.

    First digimon line: The already established in game (Hacker's Memory) line of, Tanemon > FanBeemon > Raptordramon > Grademom

    Second digimon line: ?> ?> ?> Karatenmon

    Third digimon line: ?> Bakumon > ? > ?


    So what do you all think should be in the missing sections of the digivolution lines? And what sorts of things do you all think people would get up to in such a world after the fact?

  2. #2
    Junior Commander frankiemon827's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    233
    Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Character 1:
    Psychemon > Astamon > Belphemon Rage Mode (its always good to have a demon lord)
    Devidramon > Megidramon. A brute force to be reckoned with.
    Sorry this is all I could come up with for now.

  3. #3
    I come from the net Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,937
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Using Sangloupmon should be fine, the CS games have a max of 6 dudes each mon can turn into/from, and Sang doesn't have six, meaning you can slot an evolution either side

  4. #4
    Ain't got no mojo... LeoWolfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    Character 1:
    Psychemon > Astamon > Belphemon Rage Mode (its always good to have a demon lord)
    Devidramon > Megidramon. A brute force to be reckoned with.
    Sorry this is all I could come up with for now.
    ohh Megidramon sounds good and is in keeping with both the dragon and the fact that like Devidramon is supposed to be evil/wicked. Plus the idea of a Megidramon called Pafu amuses me for some reason.

    Also I do love Belphemon Rage Mode but would he not need to be in his Belphemon sleep mode first before he can turn into rage mode? At least that seemed to be how it works in the game? So if it is I would have to work it in to keep consistent with the already established lore of the Cyber Sleuth games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Using Sangloupmon should be fine, the CS games have a max of 6 dudes each mon can turn into/from, and Sang doesn't have six, meaning you can slot an evolution either side
    Ah Ok thank you. Now I need to deside if I should use Psychemon > Astamon > Belphemon Rage Mode , frankiemon827's idea of Psychemon > Astamon > Belphemon Rage Mode or find some way to combine the two. I could go Psychemon > Sangloupmon > Astamon > Belphemon Rage Mode.

    Thank you both now I need to decide who I want Wanyamon to digivolve into. I'm thinking of using one of the digivolution lines already in hackers memory since that would mean all three characters have one each that already exists. However based on what happens in the story i'm not too sure which if any would best fit. Plus there is room to add another line since he only has four he can turn into currently.

    As for one of Fumiko's partner digimon Bastemon if I could just find a rookie stage that would fit I could probably fill in the rest myself. I think this and Wayamon are the two main ones I need help with now, the others I am starting to come up with possible ideas.


    I know I could do BlackGatomon/Tailmon but given Fumiko will be very Ocean based both in her Surfing plus other aspirations I haven't mentioned here I was also thinking of having Orcamon be the earlier form before Bastemon. But doing so really leaves me unsure about what Rookie stage I should use as a result.

    What do you all think?

    Edit: Also any thoughts about what living in this world would be like three years on? What would you all do if you could have a digimon capture in this situation?
    Last edited by LeoWolfish; 09-29-2018 at 11:19 AM.

  5. #5
    I come from the net Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,937
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Psychemon > Astmon skips Champion, so you need something in there. Only GoldNumemon and Lucemon get to skip levels - so I wouldn't do that. Careful on your baby forms though, you can't use Tsunomon for Psychemon for example as he already has 6 evolutions. Also, you can't go Astamon - Rage Made because Rage is Ultra, he needs to be Sleep Mode first and then can mode change into Rage Mode since that's how it works in the CS games

    So I'd go Kuramon - Pagumon - Psychemon - Sangloupmon - Astamon - Sleep Mode - Rage Mode

    Beastmon is a cat, so the best Champion is Mikemon really. Although cats hate water, so I'm not sure you should go for that. Maybe you can have the Digi-Egg of reliablilty to turn her Rookie into Subamriamon for when she needs water stuff done. You could either go Armadillomon, as he's still a beast and he turns into Submariamon, or just use a new Rookie for that role but still, a female Aramdillomon - Mikemon with Subamriamon as a Armor swimming form - Beastmon and then maybe Miveramon is the best mega there, since it's a beast and female. Minervamon has one slot left for Ultimate forms. That can then have Mervamon as a Ultra form I suppose.

    edit: Armadillomon has 6 forms already, so I guess it needs to be a different beast. What about Chuumon? Salamon -> Gatomon is dog to cat, so mouse to cat is pretty similar
    Last edited by Muur; 09-29-2018 at 01:09 PM.

  6. #6
    Ain't got no mojo... LeoWolfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Psychemon > Astmon skips Champion, so you need something in there. Only GoldNumemon and Lucemon get to skip levels - so I wouldn't do that. Careful on your baby forms though, you can't use Tsunomon for Psychemon for example as he already has 6 evolutions. Also, you can't go Astamon - Rage Made because Rage is Ultra, he needs to be Sleep Mode first and then can mode change into Rage Mode since that's how it works in the CS games

    So I'd go Kuramon - Pagumon - Psychemon - Sangloupmon - Astamon - Sleep Mode - Rage Mode
    Ok thank you I missed the bit about Tsunomon and have found a website that shows all of hackers memory digi lines now. Yes Pagumon will work since he wont be in that form for too long anyway. For a good while Niji will be a Psychemon. Also thank you for confirming what I thought was the case about needing to go into sleep mode first. Which again is fine. I am coming up with a few ideas already.

    I will definitely be using Kuramon - Pagumon - Psychemon - Sangloupmon - Astamon - Sleep Mode - Rage Mode for Niji. Thank you for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Beastmon is a cat, so the best Champion is Mikemon really. Although cats hate water, so I'm not sure you should go for that. Maybe you can have the Digi-Egg of reliablilty to turn her Rookie into Subamriamon for when she needs water stuff done. You could either go Armadillomon, as he's still a beast and he turns into Submariamon, or just use a new Rookie for that role but still, a female Aramdillomon - Mikemon with Subamriamon as a Armor swimming form - Beastmon and then maybe Miveramon is the best mega there, since it's a beast and female. Minervamon has one slot left for Ultimate forms. That can then have Mervamon as a Ultra form I suppose.

    edit: Armadillomon has 6 forms already, so I guess it needs to be a different beast. What about Chuumon? Salamon -> Gatomon is dog to cat, so mouse to cat is pretty similar
    Honestly long before I started this I actually thought of Armadillomon but decided against it for the very reason of it already having what you later confirmed to be the max number of forms.

    As for Beastmon being a cat while that is true one of Eito's partners is going down the Tanemon > FanBeemon > Raptordramon > Grademom route. So if a Bee can turn into a dragon raptor thing then I figured it wouldn't matter too much since Wikimon states that Beastmon can digivolve from Orcamon. It is via cross dna digivolving with Owlmon which is probably as good a reason as any not to use it however.

    Also Jaguars, like Tigers can and sometimes do go swimming. With the markings of the former being one of the first things that popped into my head when looking at Beast/Bastemon's design.

    Chuumon could work since in game it already digivolves into Blackgatomon and Mikemon is similar.

    What do you think about Chuumon> Mikemon > Tylomon as armor (because it is an under water digimon but also seems faster than Submarimon) > Beastmon > Miveramon?

  7. #7
    I come from the net Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,937
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Yeah that sounds good, and it bumps Chuumon from 4 forms to 6 which works fine. Funny thing is that Chuumon also comes from Kuramon - Pagumon but I guess baby forms dont mater much and the CS universe barely has any

    and I think three years on, everyone would have or be close to Megas so the battles between Hackers would be even crazier, and I guess the peope with Digimon below Megas would be the ones who just like playing with their Digimon

    but yeah, most of the hacking groups with three years will have very powerful Digimon, meaning your guys will have a lot to deal with lol. beginner hacker groups will have lesser Digimon, but the more expreinced ones will have powerful dudes

    if you wanna know what digimon those groups have, I actually made a page for that, in case you wanna use them as enemies maybe

    https://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/List_...hacking_groups

    I listed the teams, what their goals are an what digimon they have. it'd be interesting to use some of them I guess, and maybe even Hudie/Aiba's team. A lot of the main characters have Digimon ending at Ultimate, so you could get them Mega forms if they show up

  8. #8
    Ain't got no mojo... LeoWolfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Yeah that sounds good, and it bumps Chuumon from 4 forms to 6 which works fine. Funny thing is that Chuumon also comes from Kuramon - Pagumon but I guess baby forms dont mater much and the CS universe barely has any

    and I think three years on, everyone would have or be close to Megas so the battles between Hackers would be even crazier, and I guess the peope with Digimon below Megas would be the ones who just like playing with their Digimon

    but yeah, most of the hacking groups with three years will have very powerful Digimon, meaning your guys will have a lot to deal with lol. beginner hacker groups will have lesser Digimon, but the more expreinced ones will have powerful dudes

    if you wanna know what digimon those groups have, I actually made a page for that, in case you wanna use them as enemies maybe

    https://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/List_...hacking_groups

    I listed the teams, what their goals are an what digimon they have. it'd be interesting to use some of them I guess, and maybe even Hudie/Aiba's team. A lot of the main characters have Digimon ending at Ultimate, so you could get them Mega forms if they show up
    Thank you I will be sure to make good use of it.

    Also having more to deal with is part of the reason and fun I have put my characters in this situation mwhahaha (There be no plot armour here I'm a tad evil like that).

    I will post back here when I have more of the details down.

  9. #9
    Ain't got no mojo... LeoWolfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    21
    Ok so I have started to write out a few key location points in order to make sure where my characters are is consistent when in the same location and have been doing some more research into what actually is in real world Tokyo so I can better imagine what might change as a result of digimon becoming a permanent thing in the human world and the continued evolution of systems such as Eden.

    Also thinking about looking at a few real world animals that are similar to some digimon in terms of body shape so I can get a better idea of how they might move.

    Things are a bit on the slow side though due to the time of year and the fact I just handed some written work in that I had to do involving customer service.

    My next post on this thread will be the brainstormings I have done so far.

  10. #10
    I come from the net Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,937
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I admire your dedication

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •