With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digivolving Spirits 08 BlackWarGreymon Info, Images, and Pre-Order Are Open!

Digivolving Spirits 08 BlackWarGreymon Info, Images, and Pre-Order Are Open!

More figure details are always a plus!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digivolving Spirits 08 BlackWarGreymon from Digimon Adventure 02 will be the first Premium Bandai exclusive Digivolving Spirits figure and after his surprise reveal last week we have a bunch of details and images!

First up...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digivolving! The eighth Digivolving Spirits, BlackWargreymon, finally appears! He faced WarGreymon and left a large impression in Digimon Adventure 02.

The figure transforms into BlackAgumon as you'd expect.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

He has the same appearance as Digivolving Spirits 01 WarGreymon, but as you'd expect for BlackWarGreymon, he has a distinctive colorscheme which will provide a distinct contrast with WarGreymon!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The transformation method between BlackWarGreymon and BlackAgumon is the same as the prior WarGreymon figure, but ends up having a different appearance due to both forms having the same coloring.

Then we have Materials!

Digivolving Spirits continues it's attempt at unique hand feels with various textures. The mold is the same as WarGreymon, but the colors have been changed heavily as mentioned above. Even elements like the silver on his chest and other die-cast areas are different from WarGreymon, giving a more 'dull' appearance. The only area that is colored in the same way as WarGreymon is the Dramon Killers, but they give off a slightly sharper feel with all the black around them.

Then we have packaging info...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The first in the Digivolving Spirits line for the Bandai Collector's Shop! The packaging for BlackWarGreymon will be in full color with art by Kenji Watanabe. The design will look good paired with the first WarGreymon figure, and they will preview it soon.

And we end with a nice image of both WarGreymons battling (2 different versions, one low resolution with a proper border, etc. and one high resolution without.)

For those who want to order...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digivolving Spirits BlackWarGreymon is up for pre-order at the Premium Bandai store. It's 7,020 yen and will ship in March.

There is no end date for pre-orders, but it does note they will close orders when they hit a specific (unrevealed) number.

The small twist though... they actually mention on the page that the figure may be sold overseas (outside of Japan.) This has been done for a number of Premium Bandai (Digimon and non-Digimon) products in the past, so it may be worth waiting a week or two to see if pre-orders open up from various US stores if you want to save a bit of money.

If you want to be sure though...

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend a few potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
    Buyee
    From Japan (this From Japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
    Samurai Buyer
    DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

And if you want to order or pre-order other Digivolving Spirits...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

#01 WarGreymon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at CDJapan (currently on sale)
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at Amazon USA

#02 MetalGarurumon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at CDJapan (currently sold out)
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at Amazon USA

#03 Diablomon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at Amazon USA

#04 Angewomon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at CDJapan (currently sold out)
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at Amazon USA

#05 Alphamon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon at CDJapan (currently sold out)
    Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon At Amazon USA

#06 AtlurKabuterimon: (affiliate links)
    Digivolving Spirits #06 AtlurKabuterimon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #06 AtlurKabuterimon at Amazon USA

#07 HolyAngemon: (affiliate links)
    Digivolving Spirits #07 HolyAngemon at CDJapan (Currently sold out)
    Digivolving Spirits #07 HolyAngemon at Amazon USA

Update- Swapped a few images for better quality ones.

Update- Pre-Orders are open.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Augh must have. I'll wait a bit to see if they have some US stock from somewhere... or I might just cave and use an intermediary once it's officially up for pre-order.

It's nice to get a villain, or at least an anti-hero.

Quote Originally Posted by BlankShell View Post
    Augh must have. I'll wait a bit to see if they have some US stock from somewhere... or I might just cave and use an intermediary once it's officially up for pre-order.

It's nice to get a villain, or at least an anti-hero.
    He's just a tortured soul who was confused, he's a true hero

cool so that's basically a com formation on a release outside japan
    they say may but they mean will, its free money for a re color

I come from the net
    BlackMetalGarurumon never gets enough love... How sad.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    To be fair, BlackMetalGarurumon just exists because it can while BlackWarGreymon at least had a major role in 02. Hell, even BlackMetalGarurumon's previous stage BlackWereGarurumon got to be Dick Dastardly in a Wacky Races homage.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 09-19-2018 at 09:47 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Steven Blum would be proud.

Removed a post.

This thread is not to discuss random Digimon in video games and your thoughts on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    To be fair, BlackMetalGarurumon just exists because it can while BlackWarGreymon at least had a major role in 02. Hell, even BlackMetalGarurumon's previous stage BlackWereGarurumon got to be Dick Dastardly in a Wacky Races homage.
    This isn't right. They first both appeared in Spring of 2000 at 'roughly' the same time (a few weeks apart due to a promotional card that showed BlackWarGreymon first as I recall, bypassing them appearing in a card set together.) BlackWarGreymon was likely chosen for the show because it would act as marketing for a recolor of the top selling toy.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    This is what I think of the figure being a P-Bandai exclusive in Japan.

I'm a Maniac
    I hope he comes with a new stand. WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon are kind of out of place at the moment!

...I suppose Angewomon is too on account of being the only bad one.

I come from the net
    This was easily a choice since it's a simple "black repaint". Still looks pretty nice though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast