With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Adventure Escape Room Updates, Update- Sticker & Standee Images

Digimon Adventure Escape Room Updates, Update- Sticker & Standee Images

A few small updates...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The first Digimon escape room, "Digimon Adventure- A Written Challenge from the Dark Masters: The Trapped House... Pinochimon!" opens this Friday at Nazotomo cafe.

It will run September 21st thru December 9th.

The escape room will be at all 6 Nazotomo Cafe locations:
    Shinjuku
    Shibuya
    Sakae, Nagoya
    Kyoto Shinkyogoku Shopping Street
    Namba Parks
    Fukuoka Tenjin

For those who haven't done one before, an escape room is a themed set of puzzle challenges in a room (or multiple rooms) that often have a story connected to them.

The story for this escape room is Digimon Adventure themed.

Faced with the Dark Masters' great, overwhelming power, the children find themselves at wit's end, and eventually end up in a house in a forest while searching for a safe place to rest.
    However, they had fallen right into Pinocchimon's trap, and got locked up in the house. Will the Chosen Children be able to escape safely?
    Watch this mission story unfold as you solve the mysteries within this specialized room.
    Save the Chosen Children with your quick-wittedness!

The story posted on the updated site at the moment is 'slightly' different, so here's that one:
    The children return to the Digital World in order to defeat the four Dark Masters.
    However, faced with the Dark Masters' great, overwhelming power, the children find themselves at wit's end.
    Narrowly escaping with their lives, the children find themselves in a lone house in the middle of the woods.
    However, they had fallen into Pinocchimon's trap and were locked within.

They rank this escape room a 2 out of 5 on the difficulty chart and you get 12 minutes and 45 seconds to complete it, but with an opening and ending video the entire escape room experience is roughly 20 minutes.

Update- Each person costs 1,080 yen. Exclusive products can be found here.

You can go in groups of 1 to 4 people at a time. Each person will get a random sticker out of 9 (no images available yet.) No reservations are necessary and there is no minimum age (although they discourage guests under the age of 16 since the puzzles aren't aimed at young ages.)

Hint cards will be made available for those who want to experience the fun, but aren't good at solving puzzles.

Update- Images of the stickers have been posted.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The first 8 feature the standard profile art of the kids and Digimon, with their activated Digivices behind them. The 9th features the escape room key art of Taichi and Agumon with the crest of the courage.

The Adventure Twitter also posted a few additional images...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

A closeup of the sticker with the new art, showing how it shines in the light. Plus an image of an Agumon standee!

There will be a custom drink menu, the contents of which haven't been announced yet. The full Nazotomo Cafe menu will also be available.

There is also a slightly different shot of the key art...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A more vertically formatted version of the artwork!

The rest of the escape room details to come soon... hopefully!

In addition, to join the fun of the collaboration event, the Digimon Adventure Staff Twitter put up another puzzle.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Just a little fun puzzle for people to solve.

The answer is... クリア (Clear.)

Prior info about the escape room can be found here and here.

Update- We don't know if this is the complete cast (based on prior information it seems unlikely, but you never know), but Nazotomo Cafe has confirmed two Adventure cast members who recorded new audio for the event:

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Narrator will be voiced by Hiroaki Hirata.
    Agumon will be voiced by Chika Sakamoto.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Wonder if we'll ever get to see those opening and closing videos...
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Added images of the stickers and an Agumon standee.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Obviously I can't participate for geographic reasons, so my only interest in this escape room is wondering if they got any of the old voice actors to record for it. They go out of their way to mention opening and ending videos, and the cast has recorded dialogue for things like stage shows in the past. After she was recast in tri. and absent from the 2015 CD Drama, I'm especially hungry for something, anything, with Toshiko Fujita as Taichi.
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

We know Pinocchimon has dialogue, but we don't know if it's Etsuko Kozakura doing the voice.

That's the only dialogue we have enough info to say we 'know' though.

I come from the net
    These sound like fun but I doubt I'd ever get to do any of them.

How do I solve that puzzle?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I don't know for sure how to solve the puzzle, but I think I get it, or would if I knew Japanese better. The lines between boxes show where the letters go to. You have to fill in the blanks for some of them, using the pictures on the left as clues.

Left column:
    Taichi
    I_chi
    I_ri

Right column:
    Agumon
    An_n
    Aku__

Solution:
    Kuria
    Last edited by TMS; 09-18-2018 at 09:51 PM.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Pricing for the escape room, along with exclusive products can be found here.

Updated with some cast info.