With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tri. Part 6: Future Dub and Theater Discussion

Follow hackmon On Twitter Visit hackmon on XBox Live
    The movie was good

Meicoomon dying always gets me every single time I watch it. But the English version just kind of butchered it. The excess silence was what really drove the scene to be super emotional. The extra dialogue just threw it off. But what are your opinions on the dub's added content?

Follow Rai On Twitter Add Rai on Facebook Visit Rai's Youtube Channel Add Rai on DeviantArt
    I enjoyed it, it was fun seeing with a bunch of digimon fans.

Digi-Devices bothered me. At first i thought i misheard but then it was said 2 more times. Whats kills me is.. the 2nd time it was said the word "digivice" was literally on the screen don't understand why they changed it.

Also.. i know voices are different, and some I've gotten used to (Matt, Biyomon, T.K.,) I'm slowly getting used to Kari but it still sounds a bit weird. I'm still not a fan of the new Gatomon voice. But.. Gabumon's voice just sounds very weird and what bugs me most is, its the same voice actor. I wanted to see if anyone else knew if this was because the voice actor cannot recreate that voice anymore because of age, or was it his creative choice? or was it a choice created by directors.

That WereGarurumon voice clip was really weird. It gave everyone in the theater a good laugh.

Also thought Gomamon's last line was hilarious about not having any lines that episode.

Red shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Gabumon's voice just sounds very weird and what bugs me most is, its the same voice actor. I wanted to see if anyone else knew if this was because the voice actor cannot recreate that voice anymore because of age, or was it his creative choice? or was it a choice created by directors.
    There's no telling. Thornton is getting up there in years, so maybe doing that deep voice isn't as easy as it used to be. Then again, I can't imagine it'd be harder to do a deep voice than a growly, throaty voice like Garurumon.

My guess is perhaps the director thought Gabumon's deep voice from the original dub made him sound "old" and they wanted a "younger" take on the character to match up with the young-sounding voices of the other rookie Digimon.

Four Dark Lords. Hundreds of monsters. Five teens. One huge adventure.
    An anime-inspired web serial updated weekly.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by PCmon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Gabumon's voice just sounds very weird and what bugs me most is, its the same voice actor. I wanted to see if anyone else knew if this was because the voice actor cannot recreate that voice anymore because of age, or was it his creative choice? or was it a choice created by directors.
    There's no telling. Thornton is getting up there in years, so maybe doing that deep voice isn't as easy as it used to be. Then again, I can't imagine it'd be harder to do a deep voice than a growly, throaty voice like Garurumon.

My guess is perhaps the director thought Gabumon's deep voice from the original dub made him sound "old" and they wanted a "younger" take on the character to match up with the young-sounding voices of the other rookie Digimon.
    It was probably his choice, since Nimoy said it was his choice on making H-Kabu's voice "heroic"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12