With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 71

Thread: Digital Monster X Images, Info, and Pre-Order Details! Plus New Digimon!

  1. #41
    Red shirt Xan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    UK
    Age
    28
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigamon23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    While the list of new X Antibody digimon are nice, it's as expected to be another 16x16 shit. Oh well I guess Bandai can't really say it as an "all new" product at all.

    The case is lazy as it borrows from previous 20th anniv original vpet.

    I wonder when Bandai will have bigger effort in making a 5000 yen price range vpet with full color and not another 16x16 shit.
    What's wrong with 16x16? At least we're getting more V-Pets.

    because atm is a down/sidegrade to the Penx both have the quest mode, XAI system the only real pro is that it can use 2 prong which most recent Vpets use

  2. #42
    Junior Commander Gigamon23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Age
    28
    Posts
    367
    Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Add Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigamon23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    While the list of new X Antibody digimon are nice, it's as expected to be another 16x16 shit. Oh well I guess Bandai can't really say it as an "all new" product at all.

    The case is lazy as it borrows from previous 20th anniv original vpet.

    I wonder when Bandai will have bigger effort in making a 5000 yen price range vpet with full color and not another 16x16 shit.
    What's wrong with 16x16? At least we're getting more V-Pets.
    it's very outdated, and also this one is related to pendulum X. You know, seeing X Antibody digimon from 32x24 into 16x16 is such a big degenerate. From what called "new product", it's very lazy.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I like 16x16 precisely because it is a call back to the original V-Pets. It leaves a little more to the imagination, which I appreciate. I never really liked the 32x24 sprites myself. I don't know that it's fair, though, to call it "lazy". Certainly it was easier to use the molds & tech they had lying around (almost certainly this is why they shifted the X-Antibody narrative to the "Old Digital World"), but I think it would have been boring to simply re-release a revamped version of the Pendulum X. I think a new roster with different features, with it not being explicitly based on a former device, is sufficient to call it a new product. However, I can see the other side of that argument too.

    "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

  3. #43
    I'm going digital
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigamon23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigamon23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    While the list of new X Antibody digimon are nice, it's as expected to be another 16x16 shit. Oh well I guess Bandai can't really say it as an "all new" product at all.

    The case is lazy as it borrows from previous 20th anniv original vpet.

    I wonder when Bandai will have bigger effort in making a 5000 yen price range vpet with full color and not another 16x16 shit.
    What's wrong with 16x16? At least we're getting more V-Pets.
    it's very outdated, and also this one is related to pendulum X. You know, seeing X Antibody digimon from 32x24 into 16x16 is such a big degenerate. From what called "new product", it's very lazy.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I like 16x16 precisely because it is a call back to the original V-Pets. It leaves a little more to the imagination, which I appreciate. I never really liked the 32x24 sprites myself. I don't know that it's fair, though, to call it "lazy". Certainly it was easier to use the molds & tech they had lying around (almost certainly this is why they shifted the X-Antibody narrative to the "Old Digital World"), but I think it would have been boring to simply re-release a revamped version of the Pendulum X. I think a new roster with different features, with it not being explicitly based on a former device, is sufficient to call it a new product. However, I can see the other side of that argument too.
    I don't mind if it's a renew release of certain products such like Digimon 20th or Pendulum 20th, but this one is a "brand new product" involving the X Antibody digimon's lore expansion. You know that Pendulum X is a 32x24 vpet, obviously many PenX owner will feel that Digimon X is such a downgrade for being higher price. I'm okay if it's 16x16 as long as it's a color one, this is 2018 and they still maintain the outdated "monochrome" visual for a new product? I don't know if Bandai are "nostalgia-pandering much" or just being too lazy to make product. Even tamagotchi has been color since several years ago, Digimon doesn't excel in that.

  4. #44
    Junior Commander Gigamon23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Age
    28
    Posts
    367
    Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Add Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    I don't mind if it's a renew release of certain products such like Digimon 20th or Pendulum 20th, but this one is a "brand new product" involving the X Antibody digimon's lore expansion. You know that Pendulum X is a 32x24 vpet, obviously many PenX owner will feel that Digimon X is such a downgrade for being higher price. I'm okay if it's 16x16 as long as it's a color one, this is 2018 and they still maintain the outdated "monochrome" visual for a new product? I don't know if Bandai are "nostalgia-pandering much" or just being too lazy to make product. Even tamagotchi has been color since several years ago, Digimon doesn't excel in that.
    It's a fair point that folks who liked the Pendulum X the way it was might not like this. I actually would disagree that 16x16 color sprites would be a good idea--if we go color, I'd personally prefer they go full-scale game sprites with a little more detail. I don't think color is the end-all-be-all, though. When you go color, I think it takes away from the experience a little. Feels too much like playing a full-fledged game. Suffice it to say, I suppose, that I like the minimalism. As for what Bandai is thinking, I'd tend to er on the side of milking the nostalgia rather than being lazy. Which to be fair isn't always the best strategy (*cough* Tri*cough*), so they might want to think about moving on to more original things soon. It's a fine balance, though, especially for a franchise that (my impression is) is doing a little better regaining old fans than it is getting new ones.

    "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

  5. #45
    Junior Commander Saiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    258
    I'm always happy to get new Tyranomons, but I'm sad that MasterTyranomon and DarkTyranomon are likely being left out of X forms. Tyranomon evolving to MetalTyranomon never really clicked for me as well as Tyrano -> Master and Dark -> Metal.

    Still, really enjoy Tyranomon X's design, as well as the other X Digimon seen here. I am really looking forward to the unrevealed two.

  6. #46
    I'm a Maniac DigiGrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    157
    I prefer yhe 16x16 sprite over larger ones. The have different charm which I find cuter.

  7. #47
    Red shirt Xan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    UK
    Age
    28
    Posts
    80
    I wonder what kinda of compatibility it will have with the Vpet20th & Pen20th hopefully more than just Vpet rules battles.

  8. #48
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    I don't mind if it's a renew release of certain products such like Digimon 20th or Pendulum 20th, but this one is a "brand new product" involving the X Antibody digimon's lore expansion. You know that Pendulum X is a 32x24 vpet, obviously many PenX owner will feel that Digimon X is such a downgrade for being higher price. I'm okay if it's 16x16 as long as it's a color one, this is 2018 and they still maintain the outdated "monochrome" visual for a new product? I don't know if Bandai are "nostalgia-pandering much" or just being too lazy to make product. Even tamagotchi has been color since several years ago, Digimon doesn't excel in that.
    Probably both.

    But really, X-Antibody's whole gimmick of more detail and complexity sounds like something that'd make sense for designing Digimon on higher-resolution screens. The fact they're somehow still trying to design tiny pixel art for WarGreymon X is too tone-deaf to elicit a chuckle.
    And maybe kind of insulting for the artists too? Because you imagine being asked to draw up specs for MetalGarurumon X, who takes potentially hours more to draw and design compared to the original, just to debut in a v-pet where the tiny resolution isn't going to make any of that effort apparent to players who haven't, and really might not, see what he's suppose to actually look like.
    Last edited by Piers; 09-14-2018 at 08:45 AM.

  9. #49
    Junior Commander Gigamon23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Age
    28
    Posts
    367
    Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Add Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Piers View Post
    But really, X-Antibody's whole gimmick of more detail and complexity sounds like something that'd make sense for designing Digimon on higher-resolution screens. The fact they're somehow still trying to design tiny pixel art for WarGreymon X is too tone-deaf to elicit a chuckle.
    And maybe kind of insulting for the artists too? Because you imagine being asked to draw up specs for MetalGarurumon X, who takes potentially hours more to draw and design compared to the original, just to debut in a v-pet where the tiny resolution isn't going to make any of that effort apparent to players who haven't, and really might not, see what he's suppose to actually look like.
    I see your point, but I don't know that it washes very well unless you want to make the same argument against the original art and sprites. They were often worse in terms of being faithful to the art (just look at Floramon, for example), or vice versa depending on which were designed first. If that's the case you want to make, though, then I'd say you've got a point.

    "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

  10. #50
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    171
    Pretty excited for that new booklet. It's such a shame that we only have scans of only one of the original 4 though. If anyone on this forum buys this v pet please post scans of the whole thing!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •