With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: FLCL: Alternative

FLCL: Alternative

From the creator of the FLCL: Progressive thread.... now comes... the FLCL: Alternative thread!

Episode 1 airs tonight at 11:30 on Cartoon Network. Post your thoughts on the second new concept....
    Kachikachi Kocchin!

I come from the net
    If you remember April Fools Day, they already aired this in Japanese. So next week we'll see how it really is compared.

I already like this one more than Progressive. I think maybe because the tone is lighter. I like that the reintroduction of Haruko and her space business already happened so they can do something new.

I like the pacing so far.... We get a glimpse into Kana's day-to-day life that we never really got to see with Hidomi. Kana seems like a sweet ordinary girl and has a nice group of friends. The intro into ep. 1 was decent, not as cool as Progressive, but again, I'm really enjoying the slow pace. In a sense Haruko is like an omen of unavoidable change that comes with life transitions. It was really interesting to see that normalcy play through most of the first episode, with a gradual, peripheral appearance by Haruko into Kana's life. The real question is, why was Kana crying at the sight of the destroyed rocket?? I think that will be explained more in coming episodes as more of Kana's character is revealed....

Favorite parts: I loved the Jenga game. And the best part was the ensuing chaos when Mossan decided to build a rocket and everyone decided they would join in... that animation was hilarious! As was the Kana animation when she got soaked by the crashing rocket and decided to throw everyone else in the water too. That was great! I also have to say I'm becoming a big Pets (Tomomi) fan... She's super cute, and I love her attitude.

The first episode had a really nice, laid-back feel that set a nice launching pad for whatever craziness is going to ensue.... you know it's coming.... it is Haruko after all...

edit: BTW, I had no idea it already aired on April Fools Day! I totally missed that! And it was subbed??? That would be a Toonami first... (I think)
    Last edited by Chakmon; 09-10-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    Kachikachi Kocchin!

I come from the net
    Yeah. That was a fun night. Everything was subbed, even the bumpers. And we got this weird arse movie.

Ack! I can't believe I missed that!!! I guess that makes this thread kind of pointless... since people already saw it.... sad
    I did like Episode 2 though.... the pacing in Alternative has been pretty enjoyable so far... hope both series get on DVD.
    Kachikachi Kocchin!

I come from the net
    Don't worry about it. And I'm sure they'll put it on DVD.