With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your unpopular opinions

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    If that was the case though Omnimon MM would've spit out the other 6 Digimon after taking their power like Paladin Mode did to Agumon and Gabumon. We didn't see anyone until all 8 turned back into their baby forms. It was literally a fusion of all 8 of them

It could've happened off-screen (because the entire OmegamonMM VS Ordinemon was rushed, even OmegamonMM itself wasn't really necessary to defeat Ordinemon since Omegamon and the other 6 ultimate was shown doing fine against it) and the light during the "jogress" isn't what usually what happen in fusion/jogress stuff since the light is "emitting" power instead of it going all-out into Omegamon.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrothunder View Post
    IDK if you've played the Cyber Sleuth games, but that blurb is actually an accurate description of the gameplay. They're both classic turn-based JRPGs.
    Did I say it wasn't accurate? I haven't. I merely said you can't take it seriously. This is in regards to to a discussion about the quality of the game and it is ridiculous th cite things like cover blurbs or marketing interviews for such things since they are the most biased sources you could imagine. Of course they'll try to pass everything in the best light possible. Of course there's no chance for any admission of any flaws and if they can paint a flaw to look intentional they will do it. So the plain nature of the gameplay could be a flaw or intentional; we don't know since in either case it makes sense from a marketing standpoint to say that it was intentional on the box.

In comparison, Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory have good stories, great characters (especially the first game) and plenty of content.
    And here you are moving the goalposts. The original comment's criticism of plainness was clearly aimed at the gameplay, so stories and characters are irrelevant here.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I could have never fˇnished Our War Game! because of being too uninteresting and boring to me. I cannot explain exactly why. Maybe the fact that only half of the Chosen Children of Adventure have more or less time to shine while the others are utterly ignored doesn't help.

Revenge of Diaboromon is my favourite movie. Xros Wars is my favourite series. Tamers is my least favourite series.

That is all.

Junior Commander DBxDigimon_fan's Avatar
    I wasn't sure if I had one at first, but then I remembered what site I'm on lol

Hurricane Touchdown is not only the best Digimon movie but the best Digimon anything

I love the epilogue and none of the careers bothered me in the slightest, in fact I think they're well-placed and fitting for each character

Digimon Tri is better than season 1

Meiko and Meicoomon are good characters/partners

The episodes in 02 where they travel to different parts of the world were some of the most fun episodes

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    It being simple was the point. The box of CS even says "classic turned based battles!" And them being that way is why theyre liked as it allows anyone to play.
    If everyone started taking random marketing blurbs from game packages seriously every game ever released would be the best game ever.
    IDK if you've played the Cyber Sleuth games, but that blurb is actually an accurate description of the gameplay. They're both classic turn-based JRPGs.

While the Cyber Sleuth series does have its flaws, I don't agree that the games are "plain" by any stretch of the imagination. Pokémon Let's Go is plain. In comparison, Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory have good stories, great characters (especially the first game) and plenty of content.
    Remember that what I said "plain" is the entire gameplay aspect, not story. You said "CS & HM have good stories, great characters and plenty of content." That is true I admit it, but the gameplay is pretty plain for a JRPG. Without the story aspects, the game is just something "finish quests, and go further." Just that, it doesn't have any unique aspect from the gameplay, it's pretty straightforward, and the environment is dull (I'm not saying the graphical aspect, but gameplay aspect). At least in Pokemon Let's Go series there are some new features like pokemon riding, which gives another value of the gameplay (although it's just for visual satisfaction), and also the exploration is one of main aspect that they promote. Cyber Sleuth doesn't have that.

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    - Agree with Boredmon on "dislike all the main boy x main girl parings".
    - Agree with Blankshell on "02 is great". In fact, 02 is better than '99'.
    - Agree with Flintlock on "Shakkoumon is a great design".
    - Frontier is great too.
    - Ankylomon -> Shakkoumon -> Vikemon is fine, and the fandom needs to stop with mental gymnastics to invalidate it.
    - Same with Davis's ExVeemon -> Paildramon and Ken's Stingmon -> Dinobeemon.
    - The Adventure kids having two Vikemons is fine, this is fine.
    - The 02 epilogue is unironically good.
    - Xros Wars tossing out traditional evolution is fine.
    - Takari and Daikari both suck, Davis/Rina and TK/Catherine are the way to go.
    - Imperialdramon is better than UlforceVeedramon.
    - Ophanimon's design sucks hell ass balls, and same for the other two.
    - Adventure is only as popular as it is because of nostalgia.
    - Designs that amounts to Boobsmon Back-Pain Mode are dumb, and we need no more of them.
    - T O O M A N Y O M N I M O N S
    - Some of the dub names are better than the original, like Gatomon actually referencing it being a cat and not generically having a Tail, or Gallantmon referencing the gallantry of a knight instead of an irrelevant nobility title, like Azulongmon and Qinglongmon meaning literally the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    - Agree with Boredmon on "dislike all the main boy x main girl parings".
    - Agree with Blankshell on "02 is great". In fact, 02 is better than '99'.
    - Agree with Flintlock on "Shakkoumon is a great design".
    - Frontier is great too.
    - Ankylomon -> Shakkoumon -> Vikemon is fine, and the fandom needs to stop with mental gymnastics to invalidate it.
    - Same with Davis's ExVeemon -> Paildramon and Ken's Stingmon -> Dinobeemon.
    - The Adventure kids having two Vikemons is fine, this is fine.
    - The 02 epilogue is unironically good.
    - Xros Wars tossing out traditional evolution is fine.
    - Takari and Daikari both suck, Davis/Rina and TK/Catherine are the way to go.
    - Imperialdramon is better than UlforceVeedramon.
    - Ophanimon's design sucks hell ass balls, and same for the other two.
    - Adventure is only as popular as it is because of nostalgia.
    - Designs that amounts to Boobsmon Back-Pain Mode are dumb, and we need no more of them.
    - T O O M A N Y O M N I M O N S
    - Some of the dub names are better than the original, like Gatomon actually referencing it being a cat and not generically having a Tail, or Gallantmon referencing the gallantry of a knight instead of an irrelevant nobility title, like Azulongmon and Qinglongmon meaning literally the same thing.
    I think tailmon is ''tail''mon because the ring on her tail is important
    I don't know if this is unpopular but i agree on too much omegamon, heck omegamon itself is one of the most overrated mons

Ain't got no mojo... Astrothunder's Avatar
    Here's a potentially unpopular one: I tend to prefer the more humanoid/mech-inspired designs for Digimon to the more "monstrous" designs.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast