With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Post your unpopular opinions

Add saifors on DeviantArt
    Let's see, I though Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth was disappointing, I liked the story but the gameplay felt really boring, it was much too easy (Hard mode doesn't count as it's impossible without grinding and piercing attacks) and it just generally all feels like a game I've seen countless times before.
    Digimon World Dawn & Dusk are\is the best digimon game(s), don't know about Lost Evolution though as I'm still waiting for a fantranslation for that one.
    Yeah, the story ain't anything special but it gave me actually something different in its battle system which implements some SRPG elements into it.
    Never really understood the whole grinding argument for this game, like sure for the post game yeah, but the rest of the game can be beaten with just some proper strategy, which is what it makes it right up my alley.

I love X-Antibody designs so much, I think the only time one crossed a line for me was Sakuyamon X. The designs are just so wild!

Ain't got no mojo... garfieldelric's Avatar
    Follow garfieldelric On Twitter Visit garfieldelric's Youtube Channel Add garfieldelric on DeviantArt
    Not sure how unpopular it is, but given that the Digimon animes have been reoriented for adults (that were kids when the original anime ran), I'd love to see a more faithful redub of the first two (at least) Digimon series in English with a whole new cast.
    "Protected by Mercury, the planet of water, Guardian of Wisdom, Sailor Mercury! Douse yourself in water, and repent!"

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by saifors View Post
    Let's see, I though Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth was disappointing, I liked the story but the gameplay felt really boring, it was much too easy (Hard mode doesn't count as it's impossible without grinding and piercing attacks) and it just generally all feels like a game I've seen countless times before.
    Digimon World Dawn & Dusk are\is the best digimon game(s), don't know about Lost Evolution though as I'm still waiting for a fantranslation for that one.
    Yeah, the story ain't anything special but it gave me actually something different in its battle system which implements some SRPG elements into it.
    Never really understood the whole grinding argument for this game, like sure for the post game yeah, but the rest of the game can be beaten with just some proper strategy, which is what it makes it right up my alley.
    It's not the first time I see this kind of complaint. Yeah, actually the gameplay in Cyber Sleuth/Hacker's Memory feels like a downgrade from the rest of the Story series, but at the same time, it helped to introduce more people to Digimon with a more orthodox mechanics (and well it's not that bad if you compare it with other RPGs in fact). If you liked Sunburst & Moonlight, you will probably going to love Lost Evolution too!! Not sure about Super Xros Wars, it feels somehow different due to not being a brand-new story, it's set somewhere in the middle of the first arc of Xros Wars. But still quite enjoyable imo.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Dawn/Dusk is a grind fest, and species exp is annoying. plus too many lines ended with... nothing. just ends at champion or ultimate.

and the roster is just as bad as next order

cyber/hackers streamlined the process and made it more beginner friendly as well as hard mode being good shit for those who want a proper challenge

also the stories were great and it introduced me to the best waifus

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Dawn/Dusk is a grind fest, and species exp is annoying. plus too many lines ended with... nothing. just ends at champion or ultimate.

and the roster is just as bad as next order
    There are 397 Digimon available in both Dawn and Dusk, while Next Order has 232 available in the Western version. That means Dawn and Dusk have a 41% larger roster than Next Order. I'd say that's significantly better.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Both games suffer from a ridiculous amount of recolours. Quality over quantity.

I will admit I actually really dislike Digimon World Dawn/Dusk. I just find the games to be extremely grindy and uninteresting. I find DS more tolerable, but still not great.

Yeah, the grinding is the main thing that turned me off of the Story games. No idea if Lost Evolution or Super Xros Wars aren't as grindy, but I hope.

I come from the net
    Recolors are like Echos in Smash Bros. They're only there to fill out a spot and someone might want them. It's a lot easier and we can get more original characters thanks to that.