With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tri. Memorial Book Discussion

tri. Memorial Book Discussion

With the tri. Memorial Book out in Japan and copies shipping out to those who ordered it, it made sense to open a discussion thread.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

As people get the book and go over it, hopefully we will get translations of the articles, interviews, etc. that appear in it.

There is plenty of art in it also, but we 'expect' that a good amount of it is stuff we've seen, since they advertised it would have the various magazine promotional images in it.

We are aware of what appears to be an unfortunate misprint that QC didn't catch, referring to Meicoomon as a Pokemon.

The Digimon Adventure tri. Memorial Book is still available to order from CDJapan: (Affiliate link)
    Digimon Adventure tri. Memorial Book
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

For those more interested in the misprint itself...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Thanks to Kei01 for the image.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    so what's the deal with that misprint?

Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    It's a misprint.

There really isn't anything else to say about it minus what I said above.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    It's a misprint.

There really isn't anything else to say about it minus what I said above.
    Ok. My impression was the misprint is somehow important based on recent posts about it from other people...

Ok. My impression was the misprint is somehow important based on recent posts about it from other people...
    Not that I'm aware of.

People like to assign importance and or some explanation behind things that simply 'happen' as a means of explaining either something they don't like, or something that is a general mistake under the impression that mistakes don't happen and there must be a 'story' behind it.

It's certainly embarrassing for the companies involved, but this sort of thing has happened before, and it'll happen again.

One from a few years back that people had a good laugh over was the title of the game Resident Evil Revelations was misspelled on the packaging spine.

It was later confirmed by a Capcom Vice President that people at multiple companies had all looked at, checked, and approved the packaging and no one had noticed it.

The exact quote:
    For Resident Evil: Revelations, I can't even tell you how many people looked at that package and approved it. Nintendo of America, Nintendo Japan, ESRB, I don't know how many people internally, and our guys in Japan. I can't come up with an excuse for it. It just happened. We're not happy about it.

But basically...
    Sometimes mistakes happen, you do your best to avoid them, but they happen.

Completely digital
    I guess the price itself speaks for the quality given. Still, the typo of "digimon" into "pokemon" is something ridiculous and unforgivable at times.

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    I guess the price itself speaks for the quality given. Still, the typo of "digimon" into "pokemon" is something ridiculous and unforgivable at times.
    Price has little to do with it. Products inherently have issues, it just matters if they are noticed or not, and a typo doesn't really speak to the quality of the product.

Is it ridiculous that the word Pokemon showed up? Absolutely

Unforgivable? Not in the least.

Follow clanc On Twitter Add clanc on Facebook Visit clanc's Youtube Channel
    That explains a lot of things...

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Price has little to do with it. Products inherently have issues, it just matters if they are noticed or not, and a typo doesn't really speak to the quality of the product.

Is it ridiculous that the word Pokemon showed up? Absolutely

Unforgivable? Not in the least.
    I won't say it as a typo, but a negligence from the staff. Surely from デジモン into ポケモン isn't a typo, if it's misspelled as デヂモン or ヂジモン then I can tolerate that.

But they wrote デジモン and suddenly there's ポケモン on the same section. It's quite unforgivable IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast