With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Chronicle X- Chapter 2 Update, Plus Jesmon X and RagnaLordmon Profiles

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I think that the knight is Virus, while the sword and shield remain Vaccine and Data, so that they have all three Attributes represented. It's definitely a Chaosmon kind of deal, considering RagnaLordmon has a type that's been almost exclusive to the Chaosmons (GrandGeneramon being the only exception).
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

RagnaLoardmon is kind of a weird typo name.

I'm a Maniac
    I'm digging the post apocalypse vibe of the new Chronicles X stuff. The digital world, after the end, between that and Digimon Survive I wonder if they're going to keep going into the darker toned stuff. That makes me pretty excited!

Is it just me, or they retconned some info? In the Chapter 1 it is written that Yggdrasil gave the X-Antibody to Craniummon and Sleipmon, but until now we knew that X-Antobody was rather a mutation, the Digimon either died due to the X-Program, or mutated gaining immunity to the X-Program called X-Antibody. In other words, it was not something that would be given.

Also, we already have heard why Yggdrasil wanted to destroy the Digital World. At least I remember well that Digital World became overpopulated, and Yggdrasil decided to destroy it, so he could avoid the brink of destruction. The difference is that last time Yggdrasil and RK were portrayed as ruthless murderers, and that's why their good ideals could be missed.

Also, what I don't really like is how long it took the X-Program to kill most of Digimons. A decade or so? Would Yggdrasil really wait a decade when he was at the brink of destruction? I always thought the X-Program almost immediately killed everybody...
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

I come from the net
    Yet RagnaLordmon isn't counted as another "Chaosmon" type cuz he wasn't bugged glitch to have extreme short lifespan like him. But I liked the idea of RagnaLordmon's middle body should remain Virus type while both Legend Arms remain their original attributes unchanged but I feel uncomfortable towards him being Virus type and birthed from their imagination of... "A knight would wield"

I'm starting to think RagnaLordmon might be inspired from Soul Caliber, Nightmare. Or not.
    Hope Digimon twitter will release more information on RangaLordmon. This profile is just only mentioned both Legend Arms but hardly any info on that middle body.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    I don't see that implication. The Evil being that has awakened seems rather like a generic threat that RagnaLordmon exists to combat rather than integrate. It doesn't seem to be involved in the actual jogress itself as the profile does not mention anything besides the digicores of the two Digimon involved in the fusion and we have been given a satisfactory explanation of where the body came from that doesn't necessitate any third external influence.
    I also realize that it could be interpreted that way. However, it never actually states that the evil entity is a foe in any way.

RagnaLordmon was also born the moment the being awakens, rather than born in order for the Legend-Arms to oppose it. It's not a situation where the Legend-Arms are opposing the evil being and needed more power so they combined, but a situation where the Legend-Arms' Jogress happened simultaneously with the awakening of an evil being faraway in the depths of the Dark Area.
    If the evil being and RagnaLordmon are indeed separate individuals, they are still implied to be closely tied with each other due to their simultaneous awakenings. Maybe they're two sides of the same coin, where their fates are tied to each other. One awakens, the other awakens. One slumbers, the other slumbers.

The profile also avoids talking about the origin of RagnaLordmon's main personality. It states that the physical body was made in the image of the Legend-Arms' ideal knight, but nothing about its separate unique personality. Of course, I could be reading into it too much and the main personality was also born from the fusion of their Digicores. I just thought otherwise since the profile seems to make a clear distinction between RagnaLordmon's consciousness and the Legend-Arms' consciousnesses, so it doesn't seem right for the new consciousness to be a fusion of its constituents.

Coupled with its name's origin of Ragnarök, its Virus-attribute seems beyond merely just being a result of its supposed flawed state. Chaosmon is arguably much more unstable and flawed than RagnaLordmon, but it is a Vaccine.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 08-24-2018 at 01:02 PM.

The X-Antibody is something that you can basically harvest though. So it stands to reason that they might have gathered it from the X Digimon that the Royal Knights were tasked with eradicating and given it to Yggdrasil. This is right from the first chapter of Digimon Chronicle where a Okuwamon is trying to take the X-Antibody from DORUmon and even in the X-Evolution movie where Leomon is trying to take it from DORUmon.
    Last edited by aazrgsii; 08-24-2018 at 01:34 PM.

I come from the net
    I'm quite interested in this. Nice designs and we got bios. Always nice when we get Bios for Digimon. Nice to see who won.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    Is it just me, or they retconned some info? In the Chapter 1 it is written that Yggdrasil gave the X-Antibody to Craniummon and Sleipmon, but until now we knew that X-Antobody was rather a mutation, the Digimon either died due to the X-Program, or mutated gaining immunity to the X-Program called X-Antibody. In other words, it was not something that would be given.
    but metalgarurumon x gave tokomon the x-antibody in the x-evolution movie so it can be given
    also it's more of an evolution or adaptation then mutation

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post

Also, what I don't really like is how long it took the X-Program to kill most of Digimons. A decade or so? Would Yggdrasil really wait a decade when he was at the brink of destruction? I always thought the X-Program almost immediately killed everybody...
    It's not very specific but I think it still killed almost everyone quickly, it doesn't say that didn't happen anywhere or that he waited or was doing it for a decade. He's just investigating it now.

Digimon did survive the X Program with the Xantibody, so maybe all the Digimon Craniumon and Sleipmon will encounter will be Xantibody. And after 10 years maybe regular Digimon can live there again now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast