With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Chronicle X- Chapter 2 Update, Plus Jesmon X and RagnaLordmon Profiles

Digimon Chronicle X- Chapter 2 Update, Plus Jesmon X and RagnaLordmon Profiles

A couple of fun updates!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, Bandai has put up the 2nd chapter of Digimon Chronicle X. Chronicle X is the 'new' X-Antibody storyline, following up on the original storyline told in the Digimon Chronicle mini-comics and text.

Chapter 1 of Digimon Chronicle X was introduced
    at the beginning of this year with Craniummon X-Antibody and Sleipmon X-Antibody being designed for a card set, and of course, with the announcement of the Digital Monster X we expect more X-Antibody material to show up.

Full translations of all 4 text sections (2 are background/informational), including the new Chapter 2 follows.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

About X-Antibody Digimon
    In order to escape the threat posed by the X-Program, the Digicore produced an 'X-Antibody', allowing the Digimon to undergo 'X-Evolution', which differs from regular evolution.
    This results in Digimon referred to as 'X-Antibody Digimon'; currently, over 90 species of X-Antibody Digimon have been identified.

Project Ark
    In the near future, as Digimon continued to grow, evolve, and multiply, the Digital World grew closer to exceeding its storage capacity...

The Digital World would be destroyed if it exceeded that limit. In order to prevent that, Yggdrasil created a separate partition known as the 'New Digital World', and transported only the chosen Digimon there.

The Digimon left behind in the old Digital World were to be eliminated by the Royal Knights and the X-Program. However...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Chapter 1
    After the activation of Project Ark, the old Digital World had become a world of death due to the contamination by the X-Program, and was thus under strict lockdown.

However, after a decade or so had passed, the concentration of the X-Program there had thinned enough that it would not affect the bodies of Digimon directly; as such, Yggdrasil ordered the Royal Knights to conduct a survey on the current state of the old Digital World.
    And so Craniummon and Sleipmon were given the X-Antibody by Yggdrasil. Well-prepared, they began their descent into the old Digital World.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Chapter 2
    Craniummon and Sleipmon returned from their investigation of the old Digital World. They reported their findings regarding the state of the old Digital World to Yggdrasil, with the other Royal Knights in attendance. The old Digital World, now with no one to supervise it, had turned into a world of chaos; conflicts between Digimon who desired to rule over the old Digital World were happening all over, and the whole world had fallen into a state of constant strife and disorder.

Craniummon and Sleipmon, well aware that they alone lacked sufficient power to accomplish anything, proposed that one more Royal Knight be added to their investigation team in order to return order to the old Digital World, which was now spiraling into chaos.

The end of the new Chapter 2 has a teaser for an X-Antibody Royal Knight, and "coincidental" pre-orders for the 2nd wave of 20th Anniversary Pendulums ended today, which feature a new X-Antibody Royal Knight.

Update- Bandai has put up a comic image representing Chapter 2 on Twitter.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The reference book also has added a profile for that X-Antibody Royal Knight...

Jesmon X-Antibody
    :
    The effect of the X-Antibody on Jesmon's Digicore
    The X-Antibody has transformed it into a form further specializing in offense, and turned the armor covering its body into blades. The multiple blades it has newly equipped are all capable of independent movement, giving Jesmon the attack power to one-sidedly overwhelm the opponent in single combat. Not only that, its three programs "Atho", "René", and "Por" have all awakened and fused into a single Tactical Arms unit, giving rise to a new battle style that is aimed at all directions, not leaving a single spot untouched.
    Its Special Moves are shooting out its Tactical Arms, pummeling the opponent with an iron fist that would make Gankoomon proud (Tekken Danzai "Iron Fist Judgment"), and firing off the swords all over its body at the opponent, which continuously slash at the opponent while it attacks with the two great-swords on its arms (Schwert Flügel "Sword Wing"). Furthermore, the "Kyuukyoku Senjin Seibaken [Ultimate-War-Blade Seibaken "Holy Conqueror Sword"]" it pulls out from the Digicore in its chest is a non-lethal trump card, destroying only the fighting spirit of any opponent it cuts, leaving them unable to battle.

On top of that, we get a non X-Antibody Digimon in the reference book that is also of great interest to fans...

RagnaLordmon
    :
    A Digimon born from the Jogress between Durandamon, the strongest sword among the Legend-Arms, and Bryweludramon, who is said to be the strongest shield. It is said to have been born when an evil being lurking in the depths of the Dark Area awakened, and the Digicores of the two Legend-Arms resonated with each other. Its main body, formed from the fusion of the Digicores at a higher plane, was made in the image of 'the knight that would wield them' as imagined by Durandamon and Bryweludramon.
    While Ragnalordmon is a Jogress form, it is unusual in that it still retains Durandamon and Bryweludramon's consciousnesses, while the main body itself has its own, separate consciousness. The sword and shield hover and move out of their own wills without coming into direct contact with Ragnalordmon; they make sport of the enemy with the way they enact their offensive and defensive maneuvers like three separate beings in one body. Their level of coordination is stunning, giving rise to its absolute defense and sudden and unpredictable, yet powerful attacks, which are nigh impossible to overcome.
    Its Special Moves are bisecting the enemy in a single stroke by cleaving its sword down from a high altitude (Direct Smasher), and spewing extremely high temperature flames from its shield, turning its surroundings into a sea of fire (Ignition Prominence). Not only that, its greatest technique "Duel Edge-flowsion", in which it impales the enemy with its sword wreathed in its shield's flames, completely incinerates the enemy's data right down to their Digicore and erases them without a trace.

Huge thanks to garm for all the translations.

The profiles for Jesmon X-Antibody and RagnaLordmon are also being discussed in the Digimon Channel/Reference Book thread.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm going digital
    that's a nice profile description of Jesmon X, so now it has an iron fist technique instead of just iron blade, Gankoomon must be proud indeed. But, still I don't understand why it's a DAMN Vaccine, there's no explanation behind it. As well as why Ragnalordmon is a virus, while the jogress counterparts are vaccine & data.

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    that's a nice profile description of Jesmon X, so now it has an iron fist technique instead of just iron blade, Gankoomon must be proud indeed. But, still I don't understand why it's a DAMN Vaccine, there's no explanation behind it. As well as why Ragnalordmon is a virus, while the jogress counterparts are vaccine & data.
    From RagnaLordmon's profile, it seems to be implied that the main knight body was originally an evil entity that was summoned and given physical form by the fusion of the Legend-Arms' Digicores.

Durandamon and Bryweludramon also retain their own unique consciousnesses, instead of combining into a single new consciousness. This results in 3 separate, independent minds that form some sort of trio: the Vaccine sword, the Data shield, and the Virus knight.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 08-23-2018 at 10:59 PM.

I come from the net
    Whoa new areas! They look totally dead and emptiness.

So all Royal Knights actually were hidden safely within Yggdrasil's server room the whole time... No wonder.

Yeah those attributes still remain very mysterious and those profiles didn't give us some explanation of why. I have a feeling about this X antibody artbook won't give that explanation for sure... Which is sad.

Feed us more new storyline for X era.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    From RagnaLordmon's profile, it seems to be implied that the main knight body was originally an evil entity that was summoned and given physical form by the fusion of the Legend-Arms' Digicores.

Durandamon and Bryweludramon also retain their own unique consciousnesses, instead of combining into a single new consciousness. This results in 3 separate, independent minds that form some sort of trio: the Vaccine sword, the Data shield, and the Virus knight.
    ah I see, that's such a very nice and logical explanation about it. So, unlike Omegamon or Chaosmon, Ragnalordmon is a digimon with 3 consciousness of either the arms and the knight body.

still, the Jesmon X's reason of being Vaccine is unknown. Usually the possession of X Antibody doesn't make a digimon change its attribute, or if there's one, I forgot. but I'm still sure it didn't affect

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Slayerdramon (Vaccine) + Breakdramon (Virus) = Examon (Data). Just their thing to change it I guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    Whoa new areas! They look totally dead and emptiness.
    Not new actually, although it's a bit hard to notice at first glance.

Those are areas from Folder Continent in the old Digital World.

It's new artwork based on the background art from the Pendulum 1.0 and 5.0 (I believe), showing those areas falling apart.

A good quality promo image for the 20th Pendulum gets us a good look at the original art for one of them, which let me do this.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Comparison between the Pendulum art and the image shown for what it looks like in the world of Chronicle X.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    The old Digital World, now with no one to supervise it, had turned into a world of chaos; conflicts between Digimon who desired to rule over the old Digital World were happening all over, and the whole world had fallen into a state of constant strife and disorder.

Craniummon and Sleipmon, well aware that they alone lacked sufficient power to accomplish anything, proposed that one more Royal Knight be added to their investigation team in order to return order to the old Digital World, which was now spiraling into chaos.
    From the post Pen-X V-pet backstories or the general profile descriptions I never got the vibe that the Digital world was super unstable or completely disintegrating, at least not in the way that the new Chronicle makes it seem so it seems to me that they might be keeping it separate as another split up Universe/Timeline from all the other stuff which could be interesting.

Also the new information makes Yggdrasil's actions sound more reasonable than previously. It might just be something that had been mentioned before in side material and I've just missed it but as far as I remember we never understood explicit motivation of the whole X-Program before this. We knew that Yggdrasil was pruning the population but I don't think we were ever told why Yggdrasil saw the growing population as a problem in the first place (wasn't the whole final confrontation in X-Evolution triggered by Yggdrasil's failure to explain his actions?). It could have been all sorts of things, Yggdrasil could have just gone mad, or he could have been worried about being overthrown or any number of selfish reasons but now we know that the overpopulation would just straight up end the world itself. I don't think that was ever spelled out and puts a lot of things into context.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post

Jesmon X-Antibody
    :
    The effect of the X-Antibody on Jesmon's Digicore
    The X-Antibody has transformed it into a form further specializing in offense, and turned the armor covering its body into blades. The multiple blades it has newly equipped are all capable of independent movement, giving Jesmon the attack power to one-sidedly overwhelm the opponent in single combat. Not only that, its three programs "Atho", "René", and "Por" have all awakened and fused into a single Tactical Arms unit, giving rise to a new battle style that is aimed at all directions, not leaving a single spot untouched.
    Its Special Moves are shooting out its Tactical Arms, pummeling the opponent with an iron fist that would make Gankoomon proud (Tekken Danzai "Iron Fist Judgment"), and firing off the swords all over its body at the opponent, which continuously slash at the opponent while it attacks with the two great-swords on its arms (Schwert Flügel "Sword Wing"). Furthermore, the "Kyuukyoku Senjin Seibaken [Ultimate-War-Blade Seibaken "Holy Conqueror Sword"]" it pulls out from the Digicore in its chest is a non-lethal trump card, destroying only the fighting spirit of any opponent it cuts, leaving them unable to battle.
    I guess it's nice that all the swords and spikes are not just there to look edgy but can actually be fired away as weapons. I really hope we see that animated at some point since I really want to know how he looks like once all the spiky stuff shoots off. Would anything be left?
    It's also great that even with the increased focus on offensive abilities they are keeping true to his more helpful nature by making is final attack non-lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    I don't see that implication. The Evil being that has awakened seems rather like a generic threat that RagnaLordmon exists to combat rather than integrate. It doesn't seem to be involved in the actual jogress itself as the profile does not mention anything besides the digicores of the two Digimon involved in the fusion and we have been given a satisfactory explanation of where the body came from that doesn't necessitate any third external influence.
    I don't think the attribute has to mean much, just like for example BlitzGreymon and Omegamon Alter-S can be Virus Digimon without ever being described as particularly villainous. But I guess one thing I could imagine is that it is a Virus type because it still flawed and incomplete. The personalities never merged, and even as the profile boasts how well coordinated the personalities are they have not achieved unity. The Main body does not touch the actual weapons which basically means it's technically not truly wielding them, it might just not be capable of that (The imagination of his Components might just not be enough for it). In this sense you could argue that his flaws make him a sort of "corruption" of a knight truly wielding the weapons in harmony, making him an unnatural "virus" like being even when there is nothing wrong with his intentions.
    I'm assuming that the Legend Arms group is far from done and that we will eventually get more "complete" fusions between them.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    If the AI pods are still active, then RagnaLordmon is actually 5 separate minds
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

I come from the net
    Oh what? Those new areas were actually reskinned versions? Oh at least they look very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    I don't see that implication. The Evil being that has awakened seems rather like a generic threat that RagnaLordmon exists to combat rather than integrate. It doesn't seem to be involved in the actual jogress itself as the profile does not mention anything besides the digicores of the two Digimon involved in the fusion and we have been given a satisfactory explanation of where the body came from that doesn't necessitate any third external influence.
    I don't think the attribute has to mean much, just like for example BlitzGreymon and Omegamon Alter-S can be Virus Digimon without ever being described as particularly villainous. But I guess one thing I could imagine is that it is a Virus type because it still flawed and incomplete. The personalities never merged, and even as the profile boasts how well coordinated the personalities are they have not achieved unity. The Main body does not touch the actual weapons which basically means it's technically not truly wielding them, it might just not be capable of that (The imagination of his Components might just not be enough for it). In this sense you could argue that his flaws make him a sort of "corruption" of a knight truly wielding the weapons in harmony, making him an unnatural "virus" like being even when there is nothing wrong with his intentions.
    I'm assuming that the Legend Arms group is far from done and that we will eventually get more "complete" fusions between them.
    So you saying the middle body whose is made up of pure imagination so it is "unable" to wield Legend Arms and three separate consciousnesses didn't fuse yet their Digicore jogressed into this middle body led to "incomplete" Jogress like Chaosmon in similar way? Which is why it is Virus type or their imagination simply didn't get enough power to back up...?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast