With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Character Archetypes Discussion

  1. #41
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by RukasuStorm View Post

    Also, I consider the Tamer's Sixth Ranger to be Beelzebumon, it fits more him I guess.
    Ryo is the Tamer’s “Sixth Ranger” archetype

  2. #42
    I'm going digital Jaybird C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by DontStopPataPata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RukasuStorm View Post

    Also, I consider the Tamer's Sixth Ranger to be Beelzebumon, it fits more him I guess.
    Ryo is the Tamer’s “Sixth Ranger” archetype
    Tamers is a non-archetypal team, though, so there's no real sixth ranger archetype for it. It's not like Adventure, 02, Frontier, or Savers with a well-defined team that gets another member later, which is what the archetype is; the Tamers crew integrates with various depth Juri, Kazu, Kenta, Ryou, and even Xiaochung over time, with Beelzebumon as a reluctant ally while Ai & Makoto never join up.
    "A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author." -G. K. Chesterton

  3. #43
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The villain turned ally/friends

    These are characters who were villains either because of possesion/mind control or being inducted into an evil following but later on join the team. Overlaps with Sixth Ranger.

    Adventure: Gatomon

    Adventure 02: Ken and Wormon

    Tamers: Impmon

    Frontier: Koichi

    Savers: Keenan and Falcomon

    The Corrupter

    Villains who have the ability tom make heroic characters evil either by mind control or preying on weaknesses
    Tutuapp 9apps Showbox .

    Adventure: Devimon

    Adventure 02: Myotismon

    Frontier: Lucemon
    thank you my friend
    Last edited by rossi; 01-20-2019 at 02:41 AM.

  4. #44
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The villain turned ally/friends

    These are characters who were villains either because of possesion/mind control or being inducted into an evil following but later on join the team. Overlaps with Sixth Ranger.

    Adventure: Gatomon

    Adventure 02: Ken and Wormon

    Tamers: Impmon

    Frontier: Koichi

    Savers: Keenan and Falcomon

    The Corrupter

    Villains who have the ability tom make heroic characters evil either by mind control or preying on weaknesses.

    Adventure: Devimon

    Adventure 02: Myotismon

    Frontier: Lucemon

    Thanks mate!!

  5. #45
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1
    You may have heard the word "archetype" tossed around before, but it's possible that you haven't quite learned the meaning of this word yet. Simply put, an archetype is something that reoccurs in literature and in art. This something can be a symbol, a theme, a setting, or a character. This article focuses on character archetypes—that is, character types that pop up across all genres of literature, both classic and contemporary. Everyone is familiar with these guys, because everywhere we turn, there they are! Here's a list of some of the most commonly found archetypes in literature.

  6. #46
    Completely digital Kotekuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by scottsen11 View Post
    You may have heard the word "archetype" tossed around before, but it's possible that you haven't quite learned the meaning of this word yet. Simply put, an archetype is something that reoccurs in literature and in art. This something can be a symbol, a theme, a setting, or a character. This article focuses on character archetypes—that is, character types that pop up across all genres of literature, both classic and contemporary. Everyone is familiar with these guys, because everywhere we turn, there they are! Here's a list of some of the most commonly found archetypes in literature.

    Thanks for the literature lesson. But here we are specifically identifying and discussing archetypes as they apply to Digimon. The tropes appear commonly in other anime, of course. More broadly in literature not so much. But if you'd like to give examples on how the Digimon archetypes have appeared "all across genres of literature, both classic and contemporary" I'd like to hear it.
    My new and improved Digimon index!
    https://airtable.com/shr2CxL7m74ltmu...NVr6raDlOIMJae
    If you take a look, let me know what you think!

  7. #47
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Unknown
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10,928
    Almost sounds like a bot. An annoying bot with the font color they chose.

  8. #48
    Red shirt D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    <NULL>
    Posts
    53
    Leomon is his own Archetype.

  9. #49
    I come from the net Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,352
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Yandere: Fei, Yu

    Tsundere: Erika

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •