With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: October V-Jump- New Adventure Artwork, Products, Pendulum Code, Survive Characters

October V-Jump- New Adventure Artwork, Products, Pendulum Code, Survive Characters

Time for a new V-Jump!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The first V-Jump images are of decent quality and give us more of a look at characters from the upcoming Adventure anime project!

We get full body shots of early artwork of Taichi and Yamato, who we first saw at Digimon Thanksgiving, plus our first look at Agumon and Gabumon!

Some interesting design work going on here, and people who weren't happy with the more slender Agumon from tri. will no doubt be happy at the larger Agumon shown off here.

As for what the various text says...

March of Next Year Will Mark the 20th Anniversary of Digimon Adventure!
    Designs for Taichi and Yamato, along with comments from the Producer, have been made public!!
    New Information is finally unveiled! It’s a brand-new Digimon animation project! Check out Taichi and Yamato pictured left and right!!

A new Digimon movie is in the works!! Visual designs of Taichi and the others will be drawn by Nakatsuru Katsuyoshi-san ! Expectations for their success are high! [It isn't clear if they are referring to the success of the project, or the characters.]

Taichi:
    A new, 22-year old Taichi! His characteristic hairstyle has changed a little, yet he’s still wearing his goggles…
    Yamato:
    Yamato has grown into a taller, slender 22-year old. He’s now a handsome and fair-skinned university student…?
    Comment from the Producer:
    Nakatsuru-san has been put in charge of the character designs.These feel like they’re “still in development!” but please look forward to it [the finalized version] later!
    Comment from the Producer:
    One of the proposals from the original staff for the new project was to depict [a story of] “those who were once children and have become adults”.

Tons more of New Adventure to come soon no doubt.

On top of that we see plenty of products we've seen previously including: the CSA Digivice 1999, the lifesize Terriermon Plush, Digivolving Spirits HolyAngemon, a few upcoming Digimon gashapon, plus Mimi's hat!

Last up is a password for the 20th Pendulum, 596061, which gets you Craniummon.

Thanks to shin for translations!

Also, we have descriptions of two of Survive's characters, but not pages of Survive from V-Jump (we assume these will be in more V-Jump pages, but aren't sure for now.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Aoi Shibuya
    A gentle and honest upperclassmen. She manages the cooking and admirably handles the security of the base. Her partner is Labramon. She has an articulate personality.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Minoru Hyuga
    Minoru is classmates with the protagonist Takuma. He’s the talkative optimist of the group. While he opens up to just about anybody, he really hates getting into arguments. His partner is Falcomon. He’s a stable person but occasionally takes wild actions.

Update- The Survive page from V-Jump.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Thanks to a number of people who sent in the V-Jump pages at the same time and a baidu user for the images.

Thanks to SiliconEra and GameStalk for the Survive details.

Update- Last page!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Some general updates for both ReArise and Linkz.

Update- Due to a mistake we had been listing V-Jumps with the wrong month for awhile, it's been corrected here (the shelf month had been listed instead of the actual month listed for it.)

Update- Added translations thanks to shin.

Update- Thanks to G-Santos for the heads up on the Survive page and a baidu user for the scan.

Update- Thanks to Shadow Shinji for the heads up on the mobile games page.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I’m quite pleased with how the Digimon look for the upcoming Adventure project. It ditched that anemic look tri had going on, good riddance!

Follow AguChamp On Twitter Add AguChamp on Discord Visit AguChamp's Youtube Channel
    My heart is racing with every new password, hoping the next is Stingmon!
    As for the new art, they're good designs, but look kinda odd.
    Less of an Agumon Champion, more of a general Fan

>currently raising<
    Digimon Pendulum 20th
    Koume(L)/ Kotake(R)

Digimon Pendulum 20th Manual: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vG...9wSpwf-DOPhqk7

Completely digital
    Regarding the designs, I really like the new design of Yamato.

However, I'm not I'm not convinced by the design of Taichi, especially the legs.
    Last edited by Kon; 08-17-2018 at 04:47 PM.

The boys look like they have a distinctly retro design, which seems odd. Taichi's goggles still make him look like a gamer nerd.

On the other hand, I am digging Agumon's new design. The pose and angle make him look beefier than usual.
    "Remember, kids, it's not important if it's of high quality. Only if it makes money." -Mark Hamill

I'm a Maniac
    Oh, wow, Tai looks worse and more unlike himself every time we see art from the new series.

The Taichi/Yamato designs are growing on me I must admit, Agumon/Gabumon looking fine as always.

I see that the Labramon/Falcomon that were playable in the trailer were most likely Aoi/Minoru's partners. Minoru being friends with Takuma prior to the events of survive means that if he dies it'll probably be the most heartwrenching of the human deaths. That is if he can die, Devil Survivor had the MC's friend be the only one who wouldn't betray you and also would never die since he was the one giving exposition so maybe Survive might follow suit.
    Last edited by Rohan; 08-17-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Somehow they look younger than their tri versions. Digimon look fine. Gabumon has a wide face tho. Makes his smiles bigger

Truly an improvement in the artstyle, well done. Only thing I find weird is Gabumon's face, in a sorta cute way

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    What does the March 20th refer to? Also, isn't the protags name Takuma, not Takumi?

Agumon and Gabumon look weird but maybe I'm just too used to Tri lol.
    Last edited by Muur; 08-17-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast