With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Pendulum Art Book Preview from MonMon Memo- Twitter, Armor Evos, Omegamon, Chronicle

Pendulum Art Book Preview from MonMon Memo- Twitter, Armor Evos, Omegamon, Chronicle

It's time for another MonMon Memo!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This time MonMon Memo goes back to the Digimon Art Book Version Pendulum to give us another preview of what sorts of things will show up in the book, with a number of things that will surprise and excite fans.

Big Dreamer Taoka wanted to remind everyone of something first...

The Digimon X-Antibody Vote is still open for a few more days, so get your votes in!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It closes on August 20th!

This time they will introduce some details about the Art Book Version Pendulum... (but various elements will also be blurred out since it's a preview.)

First up, the column pages, called 'Digicolumn', which they are sharing 3 of the main ones...

First up... a la carte illustrations, which you can see at the top of the page.

This will be two pages filled with the social media illustrations they've been putting up for awhile.

He mentions these aren't just cute, there are many tailored to current events, so he hopes they help you remember a lot.

He says to buy the art book to see the second page...

The second Digicolumn is a special feature on Armor Evolution...

Armadimon, Patamon, Wormmon, V-Mon, Tailmon, and Hawkmon! It's an article that goes in depth of the Armor Evolutions of these 6 Digimon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Taoka says that up to this point, they've never done an in-depth article about Armor Evolution.

Check out all the armor forms and became a master of the armor forms.

The last Digicolumn is Omegamon a la carte!

Omegamon a la carte will be a colummn showing the various forms of the popular Digimon, Omegamon, all at once. Of course, it'll not only feature Omegamon Zwart and Omegamon Alter-S, but the official art of the latest Omegamon, Merciful Mode, for the first time!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This is the first time full size artwork of Omegamon Mercifcul Mode will be shown off.

From the preview page we can also see there is some information for each character that they are blocking out for now.

It will also feature Digimon that are associated with Omegamon and his power.

Various features will appear in the later pages of the art book.

Among them, pages featuring Digimon Chronicle. Chronicle came with Digimon Pendulum X in 2003 and is featured over 4 pages.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

He points out this mini-manga is hard to find now.

Yep, it appears the entire Digimon Chronicle story will be included (they don't actually say this, but the blurred bits certainly tease it.) The story was loosely translated into Digimon X-Evolution, but Chronicle itself generally hasn't really been reprinted.

As they show above, there will be many pages that aren't just illustrations of Digimon.

Taoka also points out if you miss it now, you won't be able to get it in the future and will miss the fun things they are included.

The Digital Monster Art Book Version Pendulum is still available to order. Details can be found here. Pre-orders close next week, so you're running out of time if you want to get it.

Next week MonMon Memo will feature info about Digimon from the Wave 2 20th Anniversary Digimon Pendulums (perhaps the egg layout, since pre-orders will be closed at that point.)

Update- Tweaked a few bits thanks to garm.

Previous MonMon Memos have included:
    Cold Mode
    Copymon
    New Virus Busters
    New Nightmare Soldiers
    Silver Blue Special Digi-Eggs
    Silver Black Special Digi-Eggs, Plus ones in both!
    Jogress Digimon
    Password Digimon
    Overview of the 20th Pendulum, Plus Enemies in Battle Mode
    Kenji Watanabe Pendulum Interview
    CSA Digivice tri. Memorial
    Additional Digimon showing up in the Pendulum 20th 2nd Wave
    RagnaLordmon, Jogress of the 20th Anniversary Legend Arms
    Pendulum Art Book Sample Pages, Teasers, and Interview Details
    Pendulum Art Book Update- Digimon Designer Round Table! Plus Shikishi Artwork
    Introductions for the CSA Digivice 1999 and Terriermon Plush, plus X-Antibody Updates
    CSA Digivice 1999 Details
    RagnaLordmon and Finalized Wave 2 20th Pendulum Packaging
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    I'm really happy to see that armours are being included! I wonder if they'll have art of the eggs themselves or the other 4 armours that have no childs. I'd be happy about Chronical too but the art looks way too small. It's funny seeing Omekamon on a page full of extremely overpowered Omegamons.

Who do you guys think will win the Xantibody contest?
    Last edited by flintlock; 08-17-2018 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    Who do you guys think will win the Xantibody contest?
    Considering there is pages and pages of discussion of that sort of thing in the thread with details of it, we don't really need it posted here also.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    This has a lot of cool stuff. Loled at the squiggled put armor forms since theyre obvious. Putting the Twitter art is intersting. Loled at Omekamon too. Hope Omekamon MM becomes canon lol. OmniShoutmon being there is also interesting. Wonder if every form will be there too such as DX. Hoping there's s Ciel art.

which armour have no rookie? Not counting Bio hybrids

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    This has a lot of cool stuff. Loled at the squiggled put armor forms since theyre obvious. Putting the Twitter art is intersting. Loled at Omekamon too. Hope Omekamon MM becomes canon lol. OmniShoutmon being there is also interesting. Wonder if every form will be there too such as DX. Hoping there's s Ciel art.

which armour have no rookie? Not counting Bio hybrids
    Salamandermon, FlaWizarmon, Kenkimon and Thunderbirdmon. I guess they technically have child Digimon but nothing specifically for them like the 02 partner Digimon. Unless Wizarmon was supposed to be for FlaWizarmon but they never used it?
    Last edited by flintlock; 08-17-2018 at 05:44 AM.

i hope they will explain more about how armor digivolution was used in the ancient time of the digital world
    i didn't realised we still didn't get omega mm official art yet with all the tri pictures and the battle spirits card of him i didn't even noticed bandai didn't release their art of him yet also i'm not surprised to see omekamon in the omegamons page since they used him in the omegamon set of the card game
    Last edited by shaikgb; 08-17-2018 at 06:49 AM.

I come from the net
    This artbook sounds real interesting. Plus we have all this info which should be real nice.

If they release Chronicles, is that the one that Ryudamon also in it, or is it D-Cyber? I think he is in both, but Chronicles is the bigger role.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    He was in both. Considering how excessively short and disjointed Chronicle was, Iím not sure it could be called the bigger role.