With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digivolving Spirits 05 Alphamon- Breakdown, Scans, and Photos

Digivolving Spirits 05 Alphamon- Breakdown, Scans, and Photos

Time for another figure to look at!

The fifth Digivolving Spirits figure, Alphamon!

Released a few weeks ago in Japan and scheduled later this month in the US, Digivolving Spirits 05 Alphamon is the newest Digivolving Spirits figure.

This is the first figure that isn't branded as part of Digimon Adventure, instead being branded with X-Evolution.

Plus, it's the last figure being released that we saw on the day the line was formally announced, so it's the end of everything we saw day one, so the figure has a bit of weight on his shoulders since we've waited quite awhile for him.

The scans went mostly fine, minus that the box is slightly slippery to the touch. Luckily I remembered this from prior figures and took it into account when I was scanning it.

First up, the packaging.

The scan of the front of the box is at the top of the article. A photo of the front is included here.

The front of the box has a clean style to it with some nice flair, which matches the overall branding for the Digivolving Spirits line. The logo for the line has been a combined English/Japanese logo since we first saw it, and just below is the name of the figure (along with his lower form and the part of the franchise he's from just above.) Having the number underneath so huge is no doubt to help it stand out well on a shelf side by side with other Digivolving Spirits figures.

The Diecast Evolution 'plate' that they're putting on figures in the line to show off it having diecast metal is in the middle left instead of at the top left, to line up better with the art. The bottom right corner has company logos, along with the X-Evolution logo.

The high point of the front has to be the new artwork by longtime Digimon designer Kenji Watanabe. The artwork of Dorumon and Alphamon is designed to have little touches and flourishes based on the figure itself (most notable in this case would be Alphamon's purple cape.) This one is also a bit unique in that the energy from Alphamon's attack is foil, having a nice and dynamic look to the cover.

It stands out well from many other collector's figures by showing some great art instead of just showing us the figure.

The sides of the box feature the different forms of the figure, along with bits of the artwork that go past the front of the box (some of Alphamon and his attack.)

The top has the logo, along with silhouettes for the figures (along with a touch of elements from the front artwork.) Very basic and nice.

The bottom has various legal and informational details.

The only notable difference between Japanese and US figure stock is here. Bluefin, the US distributor for Tamashii products, including Digivolving Spirits, adds a small label with various information they need to include. This figure is from Japanese stock so does not include the sticker.

The back of the box features various text and logo touches from the front, along with some nice images of the figure itself.

Most of the text is in both English and Japanese, and the small amount that isn't is the basic profile information for Dorumon and Alphamon that we've all seen a number of times.

We also get a small preview of the sixth figure in the line, AtlurKabuterimon!

When the top of the box is opened there are flaps on either side.

The left flap shows Alphamon, along with an alpha symbol. This is included with cut guidelines in case they decide to do a campaign in the future that requires proof of purchase.

The right flap features Dorumon! Dorumon is asking buyers to please fill out the questionnaire that's included with the instructions.

There is one more flap actually...

Continuing from previous figures there is a small flap on the top of the box that folds behind the back of the box. Like the other figures, just a little bit of text, and everyone has sort of wondered what this one would say...

My name is Alphamon.
    A 100% unnecessary touch that most people will likely never even notice, but continues the tradition of Digivolving Spirits having little messages 'from' each Digimon on the inner flap.

Then we have the instruction sheet included.

The instructions are a single sheet printed on both sides, folded in half twice.

The instruction sheet is in Japanese, but with key bits in English.

The questionnaire that was mentioned is a link to an online one instead of an actual physical form to fill out.

Owing to the complexity of Alphamon, this is a full color manual. What else is nice is where they sketch outlines and highlight the areas they are talking about to stand out to make it extra clear what parts they are referring to.

The instructions overall appear reasonably clear, but I wish the whole thing was translated.

Alphamon's sheet is large and printed on glossy paper, and the box is so large it fits in the box better than most prior manuals.

As for the figure itself...

We have a thread for the figure, and we have people in the community who photograph figures far better than me, and hopefully some good images show up soon.

But I couldn't help myself to take a few from the figure still in the plastic shell once I removed that from the box.

Packaged as Alphamon, the figure is packaged mostly transformed. You can also see the alternate hands and the stand for Dorumon.

Removing the front of the shell lets you more clearly see the figure. The Alphamon figure looks nice and detailed. The image was taken with the white levels slightly blown out to show more detail on the figure.

Alphamon is fun in that it's a bit unexpected. Just the major differences in color alone makes him a bit of a choice we wouldn't have expected, had we not first seen a prototype of him when the line was first announced. Both Dorumon and Alphamon look pretty fantastic, with he only real compromise being the cape being Dorumon.

It's been a rather popular choice for Digivolving Spirits, but the complexity of the transformation has also put off some people

Alphamon is a fantastic figure, and honestly... it's hard to imagine a better transforming figure of him and Dorumon (frankly, it's still hard to look at the figure we have and see all the work put into it, because it was done well.) As long as you don't mind it being a bit difficult, it should be a great addition to a figure collection.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Alphamon is still available to order. (Affiliate links)
    Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon At Amazon USA

And after Alphamon will be...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

AtlurKabuterimon! The fan favorite Tentomon shows up with his perfect level! He's out next month in Japan for 7,200 yen and is currently up for pre-order at CDJapan at a significant discount, while US figures will ship in October! (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #06 AtlurKabuterimon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #06 AtlurKabuterimon at Amazon USA

Plus...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

HolyAngemon will be released December 2018 for 7,200 yen and is currently up for pre-order at CDJapan at a significant discount, while US figures will ship in February: (affiliate link)
    Digivolving Spirits #07 HolyAngemon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #07 HolyAngemon at Amazon USA

And based on prior information, we have some idea what Digivolving Spirits we hope to see soon...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digivolving Spirits Dukemon, who has been on display at a number of toy shows (and has been teased to be after HolyAngemon.)

Then there is a prototype of Garudamon (and Piyomon) from the recent Digimon Thanksgiving stream, plus artwork of Lilymon and Zudomon, the last 2 Adventure partners.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Artwork and a very early prototype of Ouryumon.

And also from Digivolving Thanksgiving, our first look at a Beelzebumon Blast Mode/Impmon figure.

Every figure we've seen looks fantastic and I can't wait for more to come out.

The images can all be found in the gallery.

The scans are small compared to the master scans I did (the work and backup folder structure for the scans and photos ended up being 9.9 gigs.)

Lots of Digimon stuff is coming out soon and supporting us via our Patreon or donations would be greatly appreciated so that we can do more breakdowns and improve the site. Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the figure.

If you want to discuss the figure itself there is a discussion thread here.

If you want to order or pre-order other Digivolving Spirits...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

#01 WarGreymon (Affiliate link):
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at CDJapan (currently on sale)
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at Amazon USA

#02 MetalGarurumon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at Amazon USA

#03 Diablomon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at Amazon USA

#04 Angewomon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at Amazon USA
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Just got mine in the mail. Looking forward to seeing what makes this one tick, but it'll definitely be more challenging...

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    I'm really happy you're scanning the art so it doesn't become lost to time. The figure looks amazing but I'm one of the people who prefers simple transformations.

I come from the net
    This is interesting. Sure is a detailed transformation. ...I thought Lillymon might be a shellformer but then I remembered it was Palmon first. So how's Zudomon's shell gong work I wonder?