With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Creating Standardized Digimon Art

Ain't got no mojo... rsccooperinc's Avatar
    Add rsccooperinc on DeviantArt

Creating Standardized Digimon Art

Hey all! I've been working on a project to create a standardized set of illustrations for most(and someday maybe all) Digimon. By standardized I mean all the illustrations are in the same, simple, friendly style and the Digimon are basically all in the same pose(my profile picture is one of them). The first "set" I have has a bit more than 200 Digimon, and once I'm done I'll make additions as needed.

I started on Instagram(rickaaayyyh) and now I'm trying to get everything posted on Tumblr(rsccooperinc) and DeviantArt(RSC-Cooper-Inc). I've done 6 Fresh/Baby I's, 8 In-Training/Baby II's, 36 Rookies, and I'm currently on my 8th Champion of 60. Please feel free to keep up with my work on any of those sites! I won't be posting images here unless I really want to share specific ones.

The framing/positioning I'm using is to highlight size, so most Digimon are going to be partially cropped to represent that they're bigger and better than the Rookies that they are in their default form.

The original program I was using didn't allow for saving transparency, so I need to go back and touch up the first 44 Digimon someday to remove the background, but for everything after BlackGabumon(#044 in my "Digipedia") I have layered files so I can have transparent pictures in the future.

Here's some insider information: My plan is to actually make something more with these once I'm done with the first set(which will probably take about a year to do) so keep watch for that.

Last edited by rsccooperinc; 08-08-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I like them, they're cute

Are they based on the current video game models? (CS, NO, HM etc)

Ain't got no mojo... rsccooperinc's Avatar
    Add rsccooperinc on DeviantArt
    Pretty much every Digimon higher than Rookie will be based on those models. I think I have some Digimon on my list that aren't in the current models though