With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: An Official Hindi Dub of tri. Is Finally Coming Out!

Completely digital Velocifaptor's Avatar
    Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+

Cool An Official Hindi Dub of tri. Is Finally Coming Out!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=581387898923389&id=3323051038 31671&ref=m_notif&notif_t=page_post_reaction

As per the promo on this page, Sonic and Nickelodeon will air 5 out of 6 movies of Digimon Adventure tri., starting 11th August, 7:30 PM, IST, and then every subsequent Friday in the same time slot. Curiously, they've listed movie 4 as 'Lost', and movie 5 as 'Existence'. Whether this means they're planning to combine Coexistence and Future, or that they simply haven't gotten the rights to movie 6 yet is doubtful. If it's the latter, they seem to be directly dubbing the US release, as they did with Data Squad. Hopefully, they don't censor the hell out of this, as there is an n number of things conservative Indian parents can find objectionable (looking at you, Dark Gennai). Anyway, what are your thoughts on this? Let this also be the discussion thread for when the dub actually airs.

EDIT: So apparently it aired yesterday instead of today. My first impression was that it was a trainwreck. My friend, who was waiting for a new Hindi dub of Digimon hated it. They randomly cut 10 minutes of the movie, just so that they could air Oggy And The Cockroaches at 9. They used the dub names, which was a bummer, because in Adventure and Zero Two, Cartoon Network used the Japanese names. Mimi's and Agumon's dub voices were spot on. The female Digimon use male pronouns for some reason. It wasn't horrible, but they could have done better.
    Last edited by Velocifaptor; 08-11-2018 at 05:03 AM.