With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only one who likes 02 more than Tri?

Count me in among the people who enjoy 02 more than Tri. Itís not perfect but I just really enjoy how 02 expanded Digimon Adventureís mythology.

I like more Zero Two as well. Especially how Takeru changed from a crybaby to a real man. But I must admit I also liked how they made him a dick in Tri...

Quote Originally Posted by AquaVersus View Post
    Count me in among the people who enjoy 02 more than Tri. Itís not perfect but I just really enjoy how 02 expanded Digimon Adventureís mythology.
    This is the exact reason I also prefer 02 to tri. 02 wasn't just a continuation of Adventure, it actually had something to add. New digivolution methods, new interesting characters, new worlds. Tri had some of that but in my opinion it wasn't handled as well and it seemed like they were ignoring as much of the info introduced in 02 as possible for as long as they could. Or at the very least saying "hey look at this!" And not bring it up again (the 02 kids at the beginning of Reunion and TK blogging with the international digidestined)
    We're counting on you, Chosen Children

Quote Originally Posted by AquaVersus View Post
    02 has a lot of unexplored avenues, mostly because it has a plethora of alternate dimensions. Lots of adventures to be had.
    "Remember, kids, it's not important if it's of high quality. Only if it makes money." -Mark Hamill

Junior Commander
    My issue with 02 is the the huge gap between it's characters' powers and importance. Though less annoying than that of Frontier, I still can't understand why should Ken and Davis outshine the others to that extent. The evolutions were also disappointing sometimes. While Shakkoumon and Silphymon never evolved past their current level, Paildramon repeatedly received power boosters from literally everyone and evolved and then mode changed for two times. The distance between Imperialdramon PM and the other's partners was annoying for me. Adventure was somehow similar but the gap was smaller and the others have always had their own time to shine, something that happened again in Tri. In Demon's arc for example, I was expecting to see Shakkoumon and Silphymon's evolutions, but it was Imperialdramon who mode changed for the first time and became Imperialdramon FM. That really pissed me off.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Tri. is more entertaining and more darker than 02

Junior Commander DBxDigimon_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    My issue with 02 is the the huge gap between it's characters' powers and importance.

The distance between Imperialdramon PM and the other's partners was annoying for me.
    That gap happened in season 1 as well with Omegamon & the rest of the cast stuck at Perfect. But then again Tri. did rectify that and also had them all jogressing to finish the fight against Ordinemon while 02's has yet to be.

Honestly I can see how Shakkoumon and Silphymon were needed at the time but now that the original 8 can evolve to Ultimate anytime that kinda just leaves Aquilamon & Ankilomon to evolve to higher levels or jogress with each other which would be weird but something I would welcome lol

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by DBxDigimon_fan View Post
    That gap happened in season 1 as well with Omegamon & the rest of the cast stuck at Perfect. But then again Tri. did rectify that and also had them all jogressing to finish the fight against Ordinemon while 02's has yet to be.

Honestly I can see how Shakkoumon and Silphymon were needed at the time but now that the original 8 can evolve to Ultimate anytime that kinda just leaves Aquilamon & Ankilomon to evolve to higher levels or jogress with each other which would be weird but something I would welcome lol
    You are right about the original Adventure franchise. Imo, some degrees of asymmetry and differences are necessary to make a story/show realistic. Tamers and Savers did have some gap but not enormous enough to make the entire existence of some characters pointless. Omegamon also appeared in the movie and Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon's appearance was fully justified in the series. In the case of 02 however, 2 episodes of the series were dedicated to Paildramon's evolved forms and 0 to Shakku and Silphy's. Miyako and Iori were also underused as MCs. I hope for them and their digimon better treatment in future works.

The jogress forms also make the situation of including 02 kids to Adventure movies a bit complicated. They will need Patamon and Tailmon which means no Seraphimon and Holydramon whenever jogress occurs. But a jogress between Aquilamon and Ankilomon would be really cool. I think a Pterosaur would be warmly welcomed.
    Last edited by Libra; 08-08-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Removed the off-topic posts about Gennai.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    No you are not the only one!! I like 02 a lot while I kinda dislike tri. The only thing I like more in tri. is most of the new characters (mostly Meicoomon and Maki) versus the ones introduced in 02 (Daisuke, Miyako, Armadimon); worth mentioning Ken is one of my favourites among the franchise though, altought technically he is first introduced in the WS games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12