With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: CSA Digivice 1999 Details from MonMon Memo

CSA Digivice 1999 Details from MonMon Memo

Another product update!

MonMon Memo is back yet again! The 17th installment goes over a number of details regarding the Digimon Adventure Complete Selection Animation Digivice 1999.

Big Dreamer Taoka hopes we all enjoyed Digimon Thanksgiving. He mentions a trailer for the CSA Digivice 1999 was shown, and it's now fully available. We've embedded it at the top of the page.

While the most recent MonMon Memo last month did a basic introduction for the CSA Digivice 1999, this one will go into a bit more detail...

All 8 children and 8 partner Digimon from Digimon Adventure will appear in the new CSA Digivice. 3 popular songs will appear (this appers to be the previously announced Butter-Fly, Brave Heart, and the theater size Butter-Fly.)

He thinks we are all very interested in the voices of each character.

14 of the 16 characters (everyone except Taichi and Sora) are newly recorded and supervised by Digimon Adventure director Hiroyuki Kakudou.

Taoka was very impressed by all the returning actors. He specifically notes that Yamato and Koushiro sound the same as 20 years ago, which seemed to surprise him.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

An Image of the recording site with a few products on display.

Character voices on the CSA Digivice 1999 are as follows...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Taichi- Toshiko Fujita (previous audio will be used)
    Agumon- Chika Sakamoto
    Sora- Yuko Mizutani (previous audio will be used)
    Piyomon- Atori Shigematsu
    Yamato- Yuto Kazama
    Gabumon- Mayumi Yamaguchi
    Koushiro- Umi Tenjin
    Tentomon- Sakurai Takahiro
    Mimi- Ai Maeda
    Palmon- Kinoko Yamada
    Jou- Masami Kikuchi
    Gomamon- Junko Takeuchi
    Takeru- Megumi Han
    Patamon- Miwa Matsumoto
    Hikari- Kae Araki
    Tailmon- Yuka Tokumitsu

Out of the 14 new recordings, 13 are the original actors. Takeru is voiced by Megumi Han, who took over the role beginning with the Digimon Adventure PSP game.

Quite a few recordings were made including:
    Numerous signature lines from Digimon Adventure.
    Original lines for the Digimon partners.
    Our War Game content. As an example they give Yamato mentioning there are no PCs in Shimane.

He mentions there is a lot of content, and there is original dialogue for the Digimon that is quite impressive.

In fact, scenes from throughout Adventure are included. They give two examples in text form:
    From episode 53 they give a 'scene everyone will recognize.'
    From episode 54 they include the scene of them deciding to defeat Apocalymon.

He declared this full of elements that should warm your heart, and that there is dialogue between the kids and Digimon to also enjoy.

The CSA Digivice 1999 has the participation of the cast and Director Kakudou to help celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Digimon Adventure.

The CSA Digivice 1999 is still available to pre-order, details can be found here.

Next week MonMon Memo will be back to introduce the new Digimon in the 2nd wave of 20th Anniversary Digimon Pendulums.

Previous MonMon Memos have included:
    Cold Mode
    Copymon
    New Virus Busters
    New Nightmare Soldiers
    Silver Blue Special Digi-Eggs
    Silver Black Special Digi-Eggs, Plus ones in both!
    Jogress Digimon
    Password Digimon
    Overview of the 20th Pendulum, Plus Enemies in Battle Mode
    Kenji Watanabe Pendulum Interview
    CSA Digivice tri. Memorial
    Additional Digimon showing up in the Pendulum 20th 2nd Wave
    RagnaLordmon, Jogress of the 20th Anniversary Legend Arms
    Pendulum Art Book Sample Pages, Teasers, and Interview Details
    Pendulum Art Book Update- Digimon Designer Round Table! Plus Shikishi Artwork
    Introductions for the CSA Digivice 1999 and Terriermon Plush, plus X-Antibody Updates
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I just wish they had remolded the body to remove the extra tri details. I mean, they did change the antenna...
    Any idea on the length of Brave Heart (it's a digivice, that's gotta be the main feature after all)? Hope it's longer than the original CSA digivice which only had 30 seconds, but the usage of three songs scares me. Fingers crossed for it to have at least the same length as in the D3.

Quote Originally Posted by omegalucas View Post
    I just wish they had remolded the body to remove the extra tri details. I mean, they did change the antenna...
    Indeed. I kinda think they oversaturated the images so that the Tri. details and bevels are less noticable. An obvious money grab, but one that works anyway. It irritates me a bit, but it doesn't make the product less desirable.

It will also be weird to hear Takeru's voice, since i've never played the PSP game, but oh well.

Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by pipefox_pedro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by omegalucas View Post
    Indeed. I kinda think they oversaturated the images so that the Tri. details and bevels are less noticable. An obvious money grab, but one that works anyway. It irritates me a bit, but it doesn't make the product less desirable.

It will also be weird to hear Takeru's voice, since i've never played the PSP game, but oh well.

Can't wait to get my hands on one.
    I'm still hoping that they change it, with this being a prototype and having the whole "may be different from final product" legal talk. But I doubt it.
    But besides that (and the weird color that might or not be better when looking at it in real life), the content looks amazing. I checked the MonMon Memo in the japanese website, which led to the discovery that having the Children say their pre-last Evolution dialogue from episode 53 followed by Brave Heart is something I didn't know I needed in my life until today. Here's to hoping that clicking the dialogue button in that situation leads to their evolution phrases xD
    Last edited by omegalucas; 08-03-2018 at 01:02 PM.