With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Digimon Survive from Thanksgiving Stream, Plus a Digimon Story Tidbit

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Add Garmmon on DeviantArt
    A bit random, but I was reading Habu's tweets and this tweet in particular:
    先日の配信で、デジサヴァの説明でテンパッて作品名がパッと出てこず上手く言えなかったのですが、デジモン アドベンチャーが「十五少年漂流記」だとしたら、デジモンサヴァイブは「蠅の王」的なイメージを狙っている と言うことを言いたかったのです。
    said if you kind of equated Digimon Adventure to the book 'Two Years' Vacation', then what they're going for with Survive is a more 'Lord of the Flies' feel. Which, especially after all the mention of death in the trailer and livestream, yeah...haha

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmmon View Post
    A bit random, but I was reading Habu's tweets and this tweet in particular:
    先日の配信で、デジサヴァの説明でテンパッて作品名がパッと出てこず上手く言えなかったのですが、デジモン アドベンチャーが「十五少年漂流記」だとしたら、デジモンサヴァイブは「蠅の王」的なイメージを狙っている と言うことを言いたかったのです。
    said if you kind of equated Digimon Adventure to the book 'Two Years' Vacation', then what they're going for with Survive is a more 'Lord of the Flies' feel. Which, especially after all the mention of death in the trailer and livestream, yeah...haha
    Usually I'm just excited about Digimon game announcements because I love Digimon but this is the first time I've been this intrigued by the story. It sounds like it's going to be somewhat dark and very emotional (that themesong is so sad.) Everyone remember scenes like Juri's Leomon and Wizarmon so I hope this story will be just as memorable. I loved Hudiemon in HM too.

Lord of the freakin' Flies? That's quite a way to describe your game, lol.

Huh, so we might actually be fighting the other human characters to the death?

...I can dig it.

I come from the net
    Huh. Well that's something. So the style of gameplay is like Disgaea or Project X Zone?

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    Huh. Well that's something. So the style of gameplay is like Disgaea or Project X Zone?
    disgaea is quite too deep for an SRPG, definitely not gonna have that kind of gameplay. I guess it's closer to Summon Night main series or Pokemon Conquest (the monster gameplay) than anything else (FE, FF Tactics, etc)
    Last edited by DATS24; 08-02-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123