With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Survive from Thanksgiving Stream, Plus a Digimon Story Tidbit

Comments from Habu recently generally make me feel like it's unlikely that, minus the occasional tie in game (or potentially stuff that's extra weird), we won't get games that come out.

I see it as borderline impossible that we won't be getting Survive.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by safron13 View Post
    Is anyone else getting serious Shin Megami Tensei vibes? It keeps feeling like they're bringing over the mechanics from those games (or at least the few games I've played of it) and modifying/adding them to Digimon as a whole. Rather darker-and-edgier, almost. Not that its a particularly bad thing. Just... not what I remember and am nostalgic for. (Yes, I'm still going to get this game if it makes it to the US.)
    Yep, getting major Devil Survivor vibes from this - which is ironic as that series had the same artist who did Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memories character art.

Definitely a plus from me. <3

Is anyone else getting serious Shin Megami Tensei vibes? It keeps feeling like they're bringing over the mechanics from those games (or at least the few games I've played of it) and modifying/adding them to Digimon as a whole. Rather darker-and-edgier, almost. Not that its a particularly bad thing. Just... not what I remember and am nostalgic for. (Yes, I'm still going to get this game if it makes it to the US.)
    While I am sure Digimon has been taking a page from Megami Tensei since Cyber Sleuth, this game gives me a slightly different vibe. I mentioned it in a previous thread, but it reminds me of Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon. It presents more of a beautiful yet sad view of ruined civilization as opposed to the usually gritter stuff that I believe Mega Ten goes for with its post-apocalyptic settings. I think it is a bit more unusual, which is good!

I come from the net
    Without a doubt, Leomon might be added to the evolution lines here. It gotta have to be this. Like, totally.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I personally think going with SMT over Pokemon is better for the franchise. There's less completion and as an adult, the kiddy Pokemon has grown boring and stale. Persona is always a 95+ series, so Digimon following it is all good

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Comments from Habu recently generally make me feel like it's unlikely that, minus the occasional tie in game (or potentially stuff that's extra weird), we won't get games that come out.

I see it as borderline impossible that we won't be getting Survive.
    Same but more because they're not including the PSV. PSV still gets a lot of games in Japan so if it was Japan only, I do think that the game would either be PSV and Switch or all three and they only dropped PSV due to the western deadness of it.

Survive would be coming to Vita IMO if it was Japanese only
    Last edited by Muur; 07-29-2018 at 05:50 PM.

I just can't stop listening to the song being played in the Digimon Survive trailer, is there a way to find the name of it?

Quote Originally Posted by WiiU0706 View Post
    I just can't stop listening to the song being played in the Digimon Survive trailer, is there a way to find the name of it?
    I agree it's a beautiful song. The ReArise song was beautiful too but I think we'd need to wait for them to tell us, or for the game to release.

If you're interested in the artist though, it's the guy who did the I Am Setsuna music, so they prob have similar music.

Sounds really fun. 100 playable digimon sounds about right, assuming they all come off those 3 digimon. I wonder if evolutions will be locked in once they happen, or if you'll be able to try again in the same playthrough if you want something different. It'll be a bummer to find out a digimon I really want requires me to be a horrible person, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    Sounds really fun. 100 playable digimon sounds about right, assuming they all come off those 3 digimon. I wonder if evolutions will be locked in once they happen, or if you'll be able to try again in the same playthrough if you want something different. It'll be a bummer to find out a digimon I really want requires me to be a horrible person, lol.
    I don't think it'll only be those three. Especially when it says that certain choices will end in people's deaths. Plus we see that girl with the Floramon, that'll surely be playable too. If you have the worst possible ending and everyone but your MC dies, it'd suck to only have your Agumon for boss fights.

I'm assuming you can get a few wild Digimon to help you fight but maybe they can't digivolve, so you gotta get more as the game goes and eventually wild Megas etc.

It could be something like you can try to recruit enemy Digimon if you get their HP low enough and you have a higher level than them.

It makes me wonder if there'll be a Digi-Lab or equivalent...maybe not, kinda feels like it might clash with the tone.

I'm also curious as to if they'll pull a Fire Emblem and have non-Agumon party members die/leave the party if their HP reaches zero in battle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast