With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Frontier Blu-ray Box Announced

I am really excited to see the new artwork and read a translation of that audio drama!

Even though their main priority seems to be milking the Adventure nostalgia cash cow as dry as possible, the fact that Toei's doing all this at all shows me that the future isn't all bleak for fans of non-Adventure seasons. I mean, the Tamers Blu-Ray box apparently sold poorly, and a Frontier box is pretty much guaranteed to do even worse, but they're still making one, and with a brand new audio drama as well. I'd almost call them generous if I didn't know that, as a company, everything they do is just a ploy to get more money. But, you know, I'm glad they're making the effort to separate all of us from our money, and not just the Adventure fans.

I come from the net
    Oh hey. Cool. This maybe a blacksheepmon for the series but this is nice. And a new thing that happened. The Tamers one was nice so let's hope this one is too.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoiseshel View Post
    Even though their main priority seems to be milking the Adventure nostalgia cash cow as dry as possible, the fact that Toei's doing all this at all shows me that the future isn't all bleak for fans of non-Adventure seasons. I mean, the Tamers Blu-Ray box apparently sold poorly, and a Frontier box is pretty much guaranteed to do even worse, but they're still making one, and with a brand new audio drama as well. I'd almost call them generous if I didn't know that, as a company, everything they do is just a ploy to get more money. But, you know, I'm glad they're making the effort to separate all of us from our money, and not just the Adventure fans.
    It'd be kinda funny if this Frontier one does better. They'd then get the idea no one likes Tamers but everyone like Frontier

I definitely want it, but those first week sales are probably gonna be scary.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I was wondering what the new CD Drama could be about, and I have really no idea, so I'm pretty excited. As much as Frontier is my very favourite along with Xros Wars, Things that Need to Be Told wasn't exactly my cup of tea for how they poorly expanded the action in the anime but more it seemed like a podcast of the epilogue. Fun facts is that now the Digimon Partners are on their own as the reincarnation of the Warrior Ten, and the time lapse between the two worlds is probably huge. So not sure about the current state of Bokomon & Neemon, while I'm pretty sure the Three Great Angels are a thing again in the DW (not sure about the Royal Knights and the SGDL considering they both debuted in the Frontier-verse). Super excited for this and wondering if Konaka, Kakudou and Seki are on board again.

By the way, a friendly reminder that Tamers Blu-ray BOX did sold just ok, as the own Konaka stated, and was Happinet not Toei the one that make the economic invest in-behind.

Konaka wasn't involved in Frontier. The series composer was Sukehiro Tomita.

New artwork and a new drama CD?? What a time to be alive!
    I love you, Frontier! ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox View Post
    I didn't watch the stream; did they say it was nine discs? From what I can see on the website, it looks like there's eight. The blu-ray sets have been eight discs so far; it seems strange that they'd add a ninth disc for Frontier (one of the shorter shows).
    Just a typo.

Although that does suggest the number of places that reported the show would be coming on 9 Blu-rays simply took the news from us without crediting...
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox View Post
    I didn't watch the stream; did they say it was nine discs? From what I can see on the website, it looks like there's eight. The blu-ray sets have been eight discs so far; it seems strange that they'd add a ninth disc for Frontier (one of the shorter shows).
    Just a typo.

Although that does suggest the number of places that reported the show would be coming on 9 Blu-rays simply took the news from us without crediting...
    WTW gets posted quite a lot. When you first posted about Digimon Survive and had the name "Takuya", the first few articles also used the name Takuya (before it was then changed to Takuma) and you never get sourced lol

I saw people posting the direct link to the WTW gallery on various websites for the pic of Tai/Matt and articles using that same link etc

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast