With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 English Home Video Discussion

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by McGann View Post
    I think it's more that he's just holding her off / trying to subdue her, in both the Dub and the Original, while also trying to protect her from Jesmon.
    Yeah, judging from the animation, it doesn't look like Omegamon is trying to hurt Raguelmon at that moment. He seems to leave her lying on the ground rather than slamming her into it like he did earlier in the battle.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Ain't got no mojo... Hoy-Small-Fry's Avatar
    So I watched this again last night and I still can't get past Nyaromon's voice being totally different from Loss. I'm not the only one to spot this right??

Like, it's totally different... Souns more akin to original series Koromon (why that's not used is another matter) rather than the little Salmon voiced used in Loss.

Is there a reason for it? As in, does the Japanese voice track also switch up the voice for Nyaromon? Or is this a massive production error? Very interested to hear what people think, for me it robbed the scene of any dramatic weight as I was working out who was speaking

A bit of hyperbole there.

They did change her voice (as for why they changed it 'shrugs'), but neither does she talk enough in either one for it to be that noticeable, nor is it hard to identify who is speaking in Coexistence.

Even if it was a mistake, it's hard to say it's a massive one. It's less noticeable than any number of voice swaps/changes the franchise has done before, including elsewhere in tri.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... Hoy-Small-Fry's Avatar
    Maybe a little :P
    But this sort of thing really bugs me... It's not like this show has a cast of thousands to manage. If they just randomly changed an actor in a TV show you'd be mad, so why should anime get held to a lesser standard? I can somewhat forgive changes between 01 and this (Koromon less so, it's not even close) but inter-episodes seems like lazy production...

Minor rant aside, good to know it's just a production fluff rather than anything plot related!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoy-Small-Fry View Post
    If they just randomly changed an actor in a TV show you'd be mad, so why should anime get held to a lesser standard? I can somewhat forgive changes between 01 and this (Koromon less so, it's not even close) but inter-episodes seems like lazy production...
    Nyaromon isn't the only character that has had a voice swap in the middle of tri.

And no, wouldn't really be mad, it happens plenty in film and television.

Many I could name, but I'll go with an easy one.

In the live action Batman series Mr. Freeze was played by three different actors. Wasn't really that bothersome.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... Kitsunes97's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoy-Small-Fry View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by this scene... One minute Tai is entirely about letting Jesmon kill Meicoomon, and then all of a sudden he's talking about protecting friends? Honestly, I've watched it twice and I still can't fathom it out... (Long time forum lurker, signed up solely for help with understanding what's going on here!)Some other voice notes that I found frustrating and I'd be interested to hear others thoughts;- Koromon. What. The. Heck. What's up with his voice? I couldn't understand what he was saying at the end and it robbed the scene of its weight- Did Nyaromon get a new voice? She sounds nothing like she did in Loss? She had a very girly voice, and it turned into a voice approaching original Koromon. Just me?Otherwise all great, just a few nitpicks with the dub I guess, doesn't help I'm watching Adventure at the moment!
    Koromon is voiced by Doug Erholtz and it is still Kate Higgins voices Nyaromon.

i need to put my to cents on part. one kate higgins improved in my eye as gatomon and to me finally adding the cat manorism her gatomon was missing was great. now Tara still going on and of one minute sound like original next droping the complete speech to think lara jill miller had or used on kairi. joshua seth i think struggled from talk with mei at school yard onwards with tai. but all the other great work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12