With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: People hate Tri?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpeBB View Post
    They needed a villain with an actual face & personality, so they decided to make Dark Gennai crazy, which stood out compared to Yggdrasil, Alphamon, and Homeostasis. Stuff like the fact lick was (imo) over analyzed by fans, but having a voice of evil does give someone/thing specific to go up against.
    I just think Dark Gennai's "craziness" made no difference for what his character contributed to the story. Which is why I call it sensationalist. I don't have an issue with him actually being in the films.
    Dark Gennai is a weird case; his existence is absolutely superfluous, only there to generate literally false drama and save the creative staff from having to deal with the herculean task of giving Alphamon a personality. (At least Hackmon got actual lines).

To be fair, Sharpe, it was basically impossible for us to tell what should and shouldn't have been analyzed going into it, given how many data points kept us waiting for them to ascend to the level of "confirmed fact".

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    oh yeah, anyone remembered how they explained the Demiurge concept in the intro of first part? I guess it eventually came with no conclusion of such theme and no relation to the whole movie.
    You mean the pretentious gobbledegook? No. Nothing came of it. The visuals are just MaiCoomon getting infected by Apocalymon's leftovers.
    "Remember, kids, it's not important if it's of high quality. Only if it makes money." -Mark Hamill

Junior Commander
    I cannot speak for Solomon, but I interpreted what he said as him having an issue with the fact that the story is not self contained or cohesive. It is open-ended and with several subjects abandoned in places, terrible pacing etc etc. I don't think he has an issue with it being a sequel or for taking several things for granted.
    I think that's what he meant too, I'm just saying that I don't think there was ever a plan for it to be a self contained story. It certainly was not a self contained sequel, and I think that once the decision was made that there would be more story to tell, the creators had no problem leaving some issues open ended. I'm not saying that's a good thing, just what I think the decision was.

Well, I didn't like almost anything about Tri, and yet I voted positively in that poll, because I really think it was better that we got it, even if it was kinda shit in my opinion. Others did the same, as mentioned in the comments of that thread.
    It's certainly not a poll reflective of what amount of forum members think the series was good or bad overall.
    Oh I definitely agree that the poll doesn't necessarily mean "do you like Tri", as it asked a different question. I was trying to point out that I don't think people would say they're glad Tri exists, but they still hate it.

I just think Dark Gennai's "craziness" made no difference for what his character contributed to the story. Which is why I call it sensationalist. I don't have an issue with him actually being in the films.
    I think Taichi's tech didn't serve any purpose not because he didn't use it, but because whenever he used it, it was seconds after the distortions were perceptible with the naked eye. Whether he used it or not made no difference about how they found out about the distortions or how fast they reacted to them.
    What you describe about Leomon is exactly why I think his inclusion is sensationalist in nature. Meicoomon didn't even need to kill anyone. Snapping and attacking the digidestined and their partners would be as much of a shock.
    As for Maki, as an agent, she wouldn't have ways to provide for the kids after the crisis that made her abandon them anyway. It was uncharted waters from then on. If anyone had information and help to provide regarding the events that followed, it was Hackmon and Homeostasis, which is what they did in the end.
    Again, I'm not disagreeing about the sensationalising aspects that did exist. Just that the impacts on the story were small and/or could have been done in a different way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird C View Post
    Dark Gennai is a weird case; his existence is absolutely superfluous, only there to generate literally false drama and save the creative staff from having to deal with the herculean task of giving Alphamon a personality. (At least Hackmon got actual lines).

To be fair, Sharpe, it was basically impossible for us to tell what should and shouldn't have been analyzed going into it, given how many data points kept us waiting for them to ascend to the level of "confirmed fact".
    For most of Tri, I agree that Dark Gennai was superfluous, and as I said before he was just the bad guy with a voice, and that could have been given to anyone. But I think he became less superfluous at the end, where it now seems like he has his own agenda. That doesn't inherently make up for everything, but it does change the narrative.
    On the whole, I agree that there were numerous times we didn't know what was important and what wsan't. I'm just saying there were small things, like the lick, that a lot of people made a big deal about but really weren't that big of an issue on the story. I mean let's be honest, there's nothing to analyse about that.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird C View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    oh yeah, anyone remembered how they explained the Demiurge concept in the intro of first part? I guess it eventually came with no conclusion of such theme and no relation to the whole movie.
    You mean the pretentious gobbledegook? No. Nothing came of it. The visuals are just MaiCoomon getting infected by Apocalymon's leftovers.
    hahaha, so they tried too hard to be soo deep, explaining an interesting concept of philosophy but did nothing to the whole movie in the end. Great job at wasting airing time of the first part. My applause for TOEI

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456