With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pendulum Art Book Update- Sample Pages, Teasers, and Interview Details

Pendulum Art Book Update- Sample Pages, Teasers, and Interview Details

A Pendulum art book preview!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

MonMon Memo is back, and for the 14th update, they've decided to go over some elements of the upcoming Digimon Pendulum art book in a Production Status Report.

In addition to Digimon from the Pendulum series and the Pendulum Version 20th series, they have illustrations of the X-Antibody Digimon from the Pendulum X in the art book. There are more than 300 Digimon total, a decent chunk more than the art book from last year.

While still being worked on, they have sample pages they want to share. The first is the layout sample of HerculesKabuterimon and SaberLeomon at the top of the article.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Then there is also a preview of the page for Piemon, along with a page featuring Armadimon and his various armor evolutions.

They point out you can see the details that make up the power of the Digimon's designs.

Plus there will be a number of articles.

But they also want to make sure we know that the various illustrations won't be the only highlight of the book.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

In the photo you can see them going over various pages from the Pendulum art book. They appear to be comparing them to pages from the art book from last year, along with old Pendulum booklets.

There will be details of the Pendulum plan from at the time it was made. There is a story from Bandai's Big Dreamer Taoka, Mr. Maekawa (this appears to be Atsushi Maekawa, who wrote quite a bit of early Digimon material, including being one of the series composers for 02 and the person who wrote most of Impmon's development in Tamers), and Kenji Watanabe. The story of the early development was told via an interview Big Dreamer Taoka conducted just the other day.

They will also touch on (just a bit) the development of future Digimon toys, so they think this will be an interesting interview for fans.

In addition, the columns/articles will be filled with interesting planning pages featuring Armor Digimon, along with the cute Digimon illustrations that they've been posting to Twitter.

Next week's MonMon Memo will be Digital Monster Art Book ver. Pendulum Production Status Report 2.

The Digital Monster Art Book Version Pendulum is still available to order. Details can be found here.

Previous MonMon Memos have included:
    Cold Mode
    Copymon
    New Virus Busters
    New Nightmare Soldiers
    Silver Blue Special Digi-Eggs
    Silver Black Special Digi-Eggs, Plus ones in both!
    Jogress Digimon
    Password Digimon
    Overview of the 20th Pendulum, Plus Enemies in Battle Mode
    Kenji Watanabe Pendulum Interview
    CSA Digivice tri. Memorial
    Additional Digimon showing up in the Pendulum 20th 2nd Wave
    RagnaLordmon, Jogress of the 20th Anniversary Legend Arms
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Junior Commander
    Wow to bad I can read Japanese but still I’ll pick this gorgeous book up just because of the art.

Really hope they are teasing a Pendulum Progress ver 20th. Although I get the feeling they might drop it and just go straight to the Pen X or do something else entirely.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I think that once again the thing I'll be looking forward to most are those humorous illustrations in the corners of the Digimon pages. It appears that in one of them Piemon has the chainsaw he uses in the Adventure novelization. I can't tell who he's about to saw in half, though.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I think that once again the thing I'll be looking forward to most are those humorous illustrations in the corners of the Digimon pages. It appears
    that in one of them Piemon has the chainsaw he uses in the Adventure novelization. I can't tell who he's about to saw in half, though.
    He looks like Etemon.

I'm super excited! Still wish they'd cram more illustrations into all that white space though.
    Also I should probably learn to read japanese

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    High quality official art. Digimon, why you no release these instead of the 320by320 ones!? T-T

Will the armor evolutions even be large enough to make out like this? Seems strange to have full-page images and then little ones.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunemon View Post
    Will the armor evolutions even be large enough to make out like this? Seems strange to have full-page images and then little ones.
    Well to begin with the Armor Digimon are not obtainable in the Pendulum, so I expect them to appear as an easter-egg than anything else, similar to how the Sistermon were handled in the first Art Book. That said, Since the Armor and the X-Digimon are gonna be touched in here, I also expect at least a bit love for the Spirit Digimon too (Considering how Susanoomon is one of the most prominent password Digimon in the V-Pet). A guy can dream

Nice stuff as usual. If there's one thing that surprises me it'S the mention of the cute twitter artwork. It's not my style but it will be interesting to know where it came from since a few of the earlier ones seem like they were done quite a while ago but others are obviously new but before the twitter I don't recall them ever being used heavily... so maybe there's some interesting background stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStarlite View Post
    High quality official art. Digimon, why you no release these instead of the 320by320 ones!? T-T
    For a while it was really weird... but now I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't change it because they want people to have a reason to buy the artbooks lol
    (also whenever the Digimon twitter posts bandai art will it tends to be at a little bit of a better resolution)

Will the armor evolutions even be large enough to make out like this?
    It's a big book. Those "little" illustrations already have more detail than what we normally get.

At least Shadramon and Mambomon will be getting full pages, though.

Since they're in the Pendulum 20th.
    Pokémon fan at heart, but growing to like Digimon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Well to begin with the Armor Digimon are not obtainable in the Pendulum, so I expect them to appear as an easter-egg than anything else, similar to how the Sistermon were handled in the first Art Book. That said, Since the Armor and the X-Digimon are gonna be touched in here, I also expect at least a bit love for the Spirit Digimon too (Considering how Susanoomon is one of the most prominent password Digimon in the V-Pet). A guy can dream
    wait, there's sistermon in the first artbook? where??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast