With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zero Two Plot Holes

Ain't got no mojo...

Zero Two Plot Holes

I see comments about how many plot holes Zero Two had in a bunch of topics, and I was wondering...

What holes are these exactly?.
    Last edited by MaxineW.Bennett788; 07-31-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    To name a few:
    1) Dark Ocean & Dagomon. Never really explained
    2) Daemon and his goals. He wasn't defeated and sent to Dark Ocean and never heard again
    3) Blackwargreymon. He was made of dark towers like many other digimon but only he had distinct personality and disobeyed Arukenimon's commands
    4) Malomyotismon. How did he keep coming back??
    5)Gennai from old man to young man from Adenture to 02 with many other agents suddenly showed up(who were thought to be killed by Dark Masters in Season 1)
    6) continuity stuff e.g. how did Tai managed to get Agumon in Ep1 when the gate was thought closed...and he had the digi PSP thing before 02 kids received theirs.

Out of all of those, only number 6 is actually arguably a plot hole.

The rest are either not plot holes, or were explained in the show.

1- It was explained internal to the story it was told in. The character not showing up again isn't a plot hole.

2- He was defeated and banished. That he swore to return and didn't doesn't make it a plot hole.

3- The show muses on it being due to his unique creation, even among the other spire Digimon. Suggesting an answer, while not telling us for a fact isn't a plot hole. We know his creation was unique, and the show itself discusses this uniqueness, along with the fact that he is different.

4- This... is entirely explained. There is nothing unexplained about it in fact.

5- There being more agents isn't a plot hole. Gennai being the only one for a long time was based on the events happening. More eventually being made/popping up isn't inherently odd. It would have been 'nice' if we got a solid explanation of it, but the explanation that Gennai gives in Adventure still tends to stick about them being digital lifeforms that aren't Digimon.

6- This is the one that's arguably a plot hole, minus that the franchise itself, both before and after, has shown the idea of connections creating miracles that aren't 'supposed' to have an explanation.

As for Taichi having a D-Terminal, that's not really a plot hole. Mistakes happen, or they simply decided that giving him one for when he had it allowed them to move the plot forward in an easier way.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Out of all of those, only number 6 is actually arguably a plot hole.

The rest are either not plot holes, or were explained in the show.

1- It was explained internal to the story it was told in. The character not showing up again isn't a plot hole.

2- He was defeated and banished. That he swore to return and didn't doesn't make it a plot hole.

3- The show muses on it being due to his unique creation, even among the other spire Digimon. Suggesting an answer, while not telling us for a fact isn't a plot hole. We know his creation was unique, and the show itself discusses this uniqueness, along with the fact that he is different.

4- This... is entirely explained. There is nothing unexplained about it in fact.

5- There being more agents isn't a plot hole. Gennai being the only one for a long time was based on the events happening. More eventually being made/popping up isn't inherently odd. It would have been 'nice' if we got a solid explanation of it, but the explanation that Gennai gives in Adventure still tends to stick about them being digital lifeforms that aren't Digimon.

6- This is the one that's arguably a plot hole, minus that the franchise itself, both before and after, has shown the idea of connections creating miracles that aren't 'supposed' to have an explanation.

As for Taichi having a D-Terminal, that's not really a plot hole. Mistakes happen, or they simply decided that giving him one for when he had it allowed them to move the plot forward in an easier way.
    Well I guess you might be right. Probably the way I used the term "plotholes" too vaguely. Personally I think too much analysis on "plotholes" may get me more confused and lot of these things may never be totally answered

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Didn't the D-Terminals originate in the human world? There was never any indication that they were native to the Digital World, even if they were compatible with things like the Digimentals. It's implied by Qinglongmon when he says, "However, there was something we had not anticipated. You had a device that saved the Digimental's information. With that, you were not limited to one Digimental."
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I'm guessing that Izzy made the d-terminals as a method of communication (basically made his own mobile phone network) would also make sense how something that interacts with the digital world directly was created in the human world

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Didn't the D-Terminals originate in the human world? There was never any indication that they were native to the Digital World, even if they were compatible with things like the Digimentals. It's implied by Qinglongmon when he says, "However, there was something we had not anticipated. You had a device that saved the Digimental's information. With that, you were not limited to one Digimental."
    This was 100% the case. It was one of those early 00's personal schedule things. It's weird how they had the exact aesthetic as the D3s though.

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    those 6 reasons, atleast a couple, while not being plot holes are definitive valid complaints about 02, especially 1,2 and 4.
    the second half was just badly put together, trying to make a mystery but ended up shooting itself in the food, Dagomon and Daemon are much more interesting then freaking Vamdemon the third.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    This was 100% the case. It was one of those early 00's personal schedule things. It's weird how they had the exact aesthetic as the D3s though.
    Both of you are correct, however sometimes the D-Terminal is shown to be created directly from the Digital World. When V-mon first armor evolved to Fladramon, Daisuke's D-Terminal is born out of light from the Digital World-spawned D3.

I guess that scene is vague enough to get that interpretation but I've always seen that as the D3 transferring the Digi-Egg of Courage to the D-Terminal
    We're counting on you, Chosen Children

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast