With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Zero Two Plot Holes

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    no, the weird part is that what is essentially an inherent part of the childrens soul/personality/being/whatever you want to call it could be removed to act as said power source. the power of the crests wasn't some outside power source given to the children, it was the children themselves
    To try reiterating what I just said for clarity:

Think of the Crests as a mana meter where they use 50/100/200 MP to cast Champion/Perfect/Mega, then all of it to cast Barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by jetman91 View Post
    It was a moot point anyhow. Tri shows they can go into those forms without much explanation as to why.
    Accordingly, Tri is a point where their mana's replenished enough for this, as 02 explained it would.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    no, the weird part is that what is essentially an inherent part of the childrens soul/personality/being/whatever you want to call it could be removed to act as said power source. the power of the crests wasn't some outside power source given to the children, it was the children themselves
    To try reiterating what I just said for clarity:

Think of the Crests as a mana meter where they use 50/100/200 MP to cast Champion/Perfect/Mega, then all of it to cast Barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by jetman91 View Post
    It was a moot point anyhow. Tri shows they can go into those forms without much explanation as to why.
    Accordingly, Tri is a point where their mana's replenished enough for this, as 02 explained it would.
    that explaination does make sense

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisana Minamoto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    That’s untrue. We’ve heard directly from the people involved that Konaka was just called in to do a one-off Lovecraftian episode.
    I remember that Konaka and a few people threatened to leave. Even Konaka himself should have said it. And WK himself should have been involved. I read it years ago. So, the truth may be in the middle. Maybe Konaka was really supposed to work on more than one episode and maybe other people planned only one episode.
    None of that ever happened, to any degree.

You mean the news about it was kind of like a fan fake?

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    ...That they eventually might regain the powers of Super Evolution over time was also pointed out in zero two, so this is just a contradiction that never existed.
    Not only that, but if you count Diablomon’s Counterattack they must have regained the ability a few months after the battle with BelialVamdemon because Tailmon is able to super evolve into Angewomon again and Gabumon is able to warp evolve to Metalgarurumon.

“We’ll be able to super evolve again someday” always seemed like an open acknowledgment that they were only being nerfed to justify a need for jogress evolution. Since Tri was refocusing on the 1999 team of course they were gonna have full access to their Digimon evolutions. They didn’t need to be knocked down to make the 2002 team seem needed.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    @Chisana
    Yeah, basically. People making up explanations for things they found confusing.

for the kokomon being reborn stuff, as far as i know that only happened in the dub, in the original version he's dead

if movie 3 is considered canon then the easiest explanation for patamon and tailmon reaching the ultimate level is that cherubimon was warping reality to the point where anything was possible
    In the original version of the movie Chocomon was shown as being reborn as well, hence the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by DontStopPataPata View Post
    Movie 3 isnÂ’t really canon so it doesnÂ’t have to follow the rules. Besides at the time movie 3 came out (in between episode 14 and 15) nothing really said they couldnÂ’t evolve to Ultimate. The only established rule was that the dark towers in the Digital World blocked normal evolution.
    Whether it's canon or not is sort of subjective I feel... I mean, it's not like any of the creators have ever come out and said it wasn't, plus the fact that they referred to one of the characters again (Wallace) in a CD drama later feels that it wasn't meant to be just a one-time bizarro world happening.

What gets me is just that there was really no plausible explanation for how they were able to evolve to Seraphimon and Holydramon out of the blue, other than maybe "Cherubimon's alternate reality makes anything possible".

Most of the drama cds are just for fun and I donÂ’t think are meant to be taken seriously. Like Agumon dark evolving into Skullgreymon because nobody liking his comedy act.
    I feel that the end part of that CD drama was definitely just for fun, what with them evolving into all sorts of fake Digimon... Just that the tone of the CD drama mostly felt like it was for real overall.

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by VanChizzle View Post
    Whether it's canon or not is sort of subjective I feel... I mean, it's not like any of the creators have ever come out and said it wasn't, plus the fact that they referred to one of the characters again (Wallace) in a CD drama later feels that it wasn't meant to be just a one-time bizarro world happening.
    The creators don’t need to come out and say its non-canon.

1. Wallace simply doesn’t exist in the tv series. He’s in one audio drama but those tend to be just for fun or not too concerned about continuity. All that means is that audio drama takes place in whatever timeline movie 3 takes place in. There is no mention of Wallace (outside the dub which tries so hard to fit in with the main timeline) even when Daisuke travels to his home state of New York in the Christmas World Tour campaign.

2. Assuming this movie takes place around its release date (between episode 14 and 15) then Daisuke and company should know what the golden digimental is in episode 20. If it takes place between episode 21 and 22 then Daisuke should know what the golden digimental is in the movie (he says “these are ours?” But we are to assume, if movie 3 is canon and between episode 21 and 22 he’s just recently used it). Both times are treated as the first time. At any rate Quinlongmon in his exposition dump episode only bothers to explain the one in the series and never thinks to explain this holy phenomenon.

3. Angemon and Angewomon know they can evolve to Ultimate. And no Cherubimon’s lonely heart warping reality and causing time to go back would not make them stronger. That has always been a terrible fanwank of the highest order.

What gets me is just that there was really no plausible explanation for how they were able to evolve to Seraphimon and Holydramon out of the blue

The explanation of course is that the movie wasn’t beholden to what the tv series did. The movie was its own independent side story roughly based on what was going on in the show at the time (kids on summer vacation, new kids can only armor evolve, Takeru and Hikari had access to their Digimon evolutions outside dark tower area) Angemon and Angewomon could probably evolve to Ultimate in the movie because at the time nothing said they couldn’t, the series was focused on armor evolutions at the time.

Movie 3 has its own plot holes (the writers seem to have no clue how far Colorado is from New York, Wallace keeps calling Terriermon the wrong name, this American kid keeps speaking Japanese to his American mother) but anything it contradicts or the series later contradicts is just a byproduct of the movie being made as an independent standalone story that wasn’t bogged by what the show was doing or would do.

I come from the net The Chaos Entity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VanChizzle View Post
    The creators don’t need to come out and say its non-canon.

1. Wallace simply doesn’t exist in the tv series. He’s in one audio drama but those tend to be just for fun or not too concerned about continuity. All that means is that audio drama takes place in whatever timeline movie 3 takes place in. There is no mention of Wallace (outside the dub which tries so hard to fit in with the main timeline) even when Daisuke travels to his home state of New York in the Christmas World Tour campaign.

2. Assuming this movie takes place around its release date (between episode 14 and 15) then Daisuke and company should know what the golden digimental is in episode 20. If it takes place between episode 21 and 22 then Daisuke should know what the golden digimental is in the movie (he says “these are ours?” But we are to assume, if movie 3 is canon and between episode 21 and 22 he’s just recently used it). Both times are treated as the first time. At any rate Quinlongmon in his exposition dump episode only bothers to explain the one in the series and never thinks to explain this holy phenomenon.

3. Angemon and Angewomon know they can evolve to Ultimate. And no Cherubimon’s lonely heart warping reality and causing time to go back would not make them stronger. That has always been a terrible fanwank of the highest order.

What gets me is just that there was really no plausible explanation for how they were able to evolve to Seraphimon and Holydramon out of the blue

The explanation of course is that the movie wasn’t beholden to what the tv series did. The movie was its own independent side story roughly based on what was going on in the show at the time (kids on summer vacation, new kids can only armor evolve, Takeru and Hikari had access to their Digimon evolutions outside dark tower area) Angemon and Angewomon could probably evolve to Ultimate in the movie because at the time nothing said they couldn’t, the series was focused on armor evolutions at the time.

Movie 3 has its own plot holes (the writers seem to have no clue how far Colorado is from New York, Wallace keeps calling Terriermon the wrong name, this American kid keeps speaking Japanese to his American mother) but anything it contradicts or the series later contradicts is just a byproduct of the movie being made as an independent standalone story that wasn’t bogged by what the show was doing or would do.
    Calling Terriermon Gummymon isn’t a plot hole - he doesn’t understand how evolution works, so he just goes with the names they’ve had when he met them. That’s why he only uses Kokomon too.

I come from the net
    Terriermon has words that comes out of his mouth. As some point he would of had to say “Yo Wally it’s Terriermon now”

Terriermon has words that comes out of his mouth. As some point he would of had to say “Yo Wally it’s Terriermon now”
    Again, that he doesn't do that is not a plot hole, but a character trait.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast