With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zero Two Plot Holes

Ain't got no mojo... PietroHades's Avatar
    the crests are a hole. at the end of Adventure it is said that they aren't tools like the digivices but the heart's power of the 8 chosen children ... comes in 02 they give that excuse to sacrifice that power. it would be okay if in the movies they still able to evolve normally.

Well while I agree to that, Tailmon says at one point in the original version of the episode where itís shown they lost their crests that they may still have the power to evolve under the right circumstances. This, combined with the fact that the holy light in the dark ocean gives her the power to evolve for that one episode, seems to indicate to me that they CAN evolve without their crests as a conduit...but itís much more difficult. Correct me if Iím wrong, but they still evolve in Tri right? Technically thatíd be a plot hole for Tri, not 02...(though you could use this logic and say that their power is naturally stronger with age)

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Or that the Holy Beasts had recovered and that the power of the Crests was no longer needed.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Junior Commander DBxDigimon_fan's Avatar
    In their fight against Apocolymon they lost their crests but were still able to evolve, and they explained it was because they could exhibit the trait without the physical crest, in fact iirc one of them said they may have never needed the physical crests. Other than that, it was demonstrated they could evolve to Perfect when exposed to the holy light. Both Angewomon & HolyAngemon did just that. There is a source in the digital world that causes the evolution process to happen. As a matter of fact, I do believe it was that light which allowed Agumon & Gabumon to warp evolve for the first time.

Either way, the crest thing was never really an issue; well in the original. I'm not too sure about the dub and its many dialogue changes.

Ain't got no mojo... twilightguardian's Avatar
    Add twilightguardian on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by DBxDigimon_fan View Post
    Either way, the crest thing was never really an issue; well in the original. I'm not too sure about the dub and its many dialogue changes.
    The crests and losing the crests in 01 was never an issue, I agree. 02's changes to the nature of the kids' crests was. I watched the scene in both English and Japanese to see if maybe I could get a better understanding. It was something that really bothered me for a long time. But from the translation I saw, the dub was fairly faithful to the overall concept in that moment.

The crests are the physical tool to amplify the traits these children themselves have. They're amplification items to allow the children to digivolve their partners easier. But with the final episode with Apocalymon they demonstrated that the power was inside them all along. The crests are their own traits, not something given to them by the Digital World. So it makes no sense why they'd be required to 'give up' their own traits to release the Harmonious Ones. Even the digivices are like this to an extent. All the digivices are is a method to control something that happens naturally with a partnership between humans and digimon. Without the digivice, the process is uncontrolled. It's a way of 'taming' the ability, I'd say. Which is why their digimon can revert whenever they aren't required to fight instead of remaining in their stronger forms. But the physical crests I don't think so much control the ability rather than make it less of a struggle to accomplish in the first place.

I'm a Maniac
    I never had much of an issue with the crests thing. The main source of frustration for me came from the fact that the events regarding the loss of the ability to evolve were never properly shown/expanded upon. In theory, I can see how the power of the crests (as in the actual power within the kids that they could channel through the physical crests) being... 'otherwise occupied' could lead to a loss of the power to evolve.
    edit: Please, remind me what exactly the power was used for, and why it was needed.
    Last edited by Grimmon; 08-14-2018 at 04:13 PM.

It was to free the Holy Beasts and aid the Digital Worldís recovery.

Stupid question, but were the Holy Beasts the same ones from Tri?

Presumably they were, since that was the case in the novelization.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Add Tero on DeviantArt
    It's the episode 27 that creates a plot hole when it comes to Tailmon evolving in episode 13. Even as late as episode 24 Tailmon tried to evolve but couldn't and when Patamon tried to evolve but couldn't Takeru started suspecting that Dark Towers have began working again. This implies that Tailmon could evolve if not of Dark Towers.(Otherwise, why would she try to evolve if she knew she couldn't?)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123