With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Legendary to make a Live Action Gundam movie!?

Legendary to make a Live Action Gundam movie!?

https://na.gundam.info/news/hot-topi...80706_001.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise
    Legendary and Sunrise announced today at Anime Expo 2018, plan to co-produce the first-ever live-action feature film version of GUNDAM.
    Poor G-Saviour, looks like his daddy doesn't love him.

But in all seriousness, I am cautiously optimistic. I hear Legendary have made good LA films and the fact that Sunrise is co-producing it and how they have to agree on every step before moving forward makes me hope we'll avoid another G-Saviour situation. What do you guys think?

For Legendary it probably would be in there best interest to differentiate the film as much as possible from Pacific Rim(also by Legendary) since it has a similar premise of people fighting in giant mechas.

I'm sure one of the reasons why the Justice league film didn't do too good as too many aspects mirrored the Avengers film.
    Last edited by Agu-Chan; 07-07-2018 at 11:12 PM.

I definitely think they should emphasise the war story aspect a la "War in the Pocket" or "08th MS Team" for pragmatic purposes of saving CGI budget for the big climatic scenes, but also to help differentiate it from your typical film with giant robots.

For me, Gundam has always been about the world building and the characters anyways, the robot fights are just a nice bonus.