With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Thanksgiving Livestream Event Announced, Plus New Game Announcement Incoming

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Habumon has also tweeted some interesting extra tidbits of information regarding the Thanksgiving event:
    - Traditionally the DigiFes was heavily focused on the anime (primarly Digimon Adventure/02/tri.) due to the good box office done by Toei, but this time the game department will have a greater participation too (since it's doing lately the same or even better than the anime, this is just a personal assumption). So I was kinda right when guessing that the name change would mean a wider participation of other branches but not only Digimon Adventure.
    - Due to the new project being a quite more great production, he asked for help to other producers for Bandai Namco. I guess he's referring to this Tsuzuki Katsuaki guy.
    - He insists that the new game will reach a higher level of complexity, and also he's trying to also please the fans from overseas. So it's safe to assume we will have a simultaneous launch of both the Japanese and the International version of the game.

I think if I'm still a fan of Digimon nowadays it's because of this great man.

I'm going digital
    Praise our almighty Lord Habumon

Add saifors on DeviantArt
    Something of note, the render of Agumon and Gabumon shown seems to be new AFAIK, possibly for the new game, so anyone expecting a more realistic UE4 artstyle like Jump Force, probably shouldn't, which at the same time is far from bad as it could mean a Switch version would be possible for people who don't have a PS4.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I Googled Tsuzuki Katsuaki and the only thing that came up was this thread lol

Hmm looks like I found this-

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/s...operId,812466/

He's work on DBZ and Jojo

They're all fighting games.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by saifors View Post
    Something of note, the render of Agumon and Gabumon shown seems to be new AFAIK, possibly for the new game, so anyone expecting a more realistic UE4 artstyle like Jump Force, probably shouldn't, which at the same time is far from bad as it could mean a Switch version would be possible for people who don't have a PS4.
    if they really work for UE4, I hope they learn mistake from New Gundam Breaker.

I come from the net
    A new Digimon fighting game? That would be interesting. Those from the GBA/Wonderswan were pretty fun.

I didn't expect the main focus on the "game" part even if they are having anime stuff as well. Since I can't imagine them actually prioritizing game productions over the anime since those are still nowhere near as important for the franchise I assume that the new anime project is still too early in development to have much to show off yet, so they are bringing in more game stuff to compensate for now.
    Most Digimon game's Habu has been involved with have been decent but not exactly special so I can't say I'm too hyped but of course there is potential.

And those renders are definitely interesting... they are still the cyber sleuth models (or to be more exact, higher poly versions that we've already seen in cutscenes and other promo renders) but they are revamped in a way that doesn't look like it's just randomly done for a poster but looks like an overall slightly different style. Still kind of disappointed that they seem to stick to a flat anime look but I can't say it doesn't fit the franchise. They seem to have refined their flat shadow shading and added a lot of more detail to Gabumon's fur. Looking at the outer shape of the model it's clear that these additions don't actually affect the shape of the mesh and are implemented as either a bump or normal map to affect shadows. That's a useful way to add more detail without having to manipulate the actual polygons (and generally something that went woefully underused in previous Digimon games with the exception of some bosses) but the cel-shaded style still kind of limits the amount of effects that could be added this way. Still, it's an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlazlo View Post
    I thought Thanksgiving was in November, not July.
    In Canada it's October... but I'm baffled by this as well...
    Kachikachi Kocchin!

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Add Garmmon on DeviantArt
    It's literally a 'thank you festival' (感謝祭), some Japan franchises hold events like these to thank the fans for their support.
    I don't celebrate Thanksgiving so I'm not that familiar with what it is but I think it's similar in that you give thanks for the blessings and good things you experienced?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakmon View Post
    In Canada it's October... but I'm baffled by this as well...
    We don't even have TG here, so the only one I care about is the Digimon one.

I will celebrate it every year with Habu.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast