With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon is 21 Years Old!

Digimon is 21 Years Old!

Another anniversary!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon is 21 years old!

The original V-Pets came out in Japan on June 26th, 1997.

The 20th Anniversary had a lot of stuff come out, but the 20th Anniversary of the franchise is officially over.

Bandai put up the great image above for the end of the 20th year of the franchise, and the beginning of the 21st.

They thank fans for their encouragement and support, and comment on how there were new Digimon to greet and how the digital world became more lively during the 20th Anniversary.

The art features Tyranomon, the first mascot of the franchise (and the first Digimon designed by Kenji Watanabe), alongside Agumon, who has long since been the most recognizable Digimon, in the back row.

The front row features 3 notable child-level Digimon that were created during the 20th anniversary of the franchise: Rudomon, the new signature Digimon from the 20th Anniversary Pendulum, Zubamon, the 20th Anniversary Digimon who most notable appeared in the 20th Anniversary V-pet, and Erismon, the main story Digimon from the new mobile game ReArise, the last major Digimon release prior to the end of the 20th Anniversary.

With the end of the franchise's 20th year, the next big anniversary is the 20th Anniversary of Digimon Adventure next March, but with announcements likely to come soon.

The 20th Anniversary of Digimon Adventure logo was accidentally released early.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Happy Birthday, Digimon. You're finally old enough to drink. Nanimon will be pleased.

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Add Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    Happy Birthday, Digimon. You're finally old enough to drink. Nanimon will be pleased.
    Lol, yes! Cheers! 😆

I'll have to do a drawing of Wizardmon & Harry Potter meeting since it'll be the anniversary of it's release, too!

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Add KaenKazui on DeviantArt Add KaenKazui on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    Over here in Germany, it has been old enough to drink for years. Over here all of the original four anime series are already old enough to drink beer!

Phrased differntly: I am feeling ancient.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Happy birthday Digimon, don't get too drunk!

I love the art

It could drink here at 18 lol whilst in Japan the drinking age is 20

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    It could drink here at 18
    Funnily enough, we're still a year off from the 20th anniversary of the v-pet's UK release.

Happy Birthday Mate, Have a good one

Add Shadious on DeviantArt Add Shadious on Google+
    Truly timeless. it's been more than a decade now as a fan, it may not be a titanic marketing juggernaut like Pocket Monsters, but it has that charm that can stand the test of time.

Happy 21st.
    Bored of Knife of Day?

Follow ArkheStar On Twitter Add ArkheStar on Discord
    Happeh b-day to the franchise?!

Ain't got no mojo...
    I hope TOEI releases Frontier's unreleased ost with the 21st anniversary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast