With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Digimon ReArise General Discussion

yeah. I was dissapointed when it evolved and the game itself doesn't even change my reccomended team when I have ultimates at the same level. It is an AoE (area of effect) status condition user with bulk so I'll try it on my team over glass cannon Filmon and see if I notice better results because I see clash 1st places with high scores that have HiAndromon as a partner

I'm fairly disappointed in the story as there doesn't really seem to be one, not that a great epic tale was expected. But 9 Acts in and it has yet to tell us anything except "there are spiral Digimon and we're fighting them" and an occasional voiceover from a mysterious--and apparently very patient--villain. All of this sprinkled with a lot of out of place sound effects and talking about food and friendship.

It's also extremely awkward that the 'story' itself portrays the protagonist as only having a child-level Herrismon so far, going out of its way to talk about the close bond they apparently share and how he just wants to evolve and his trying his best to get stronger. Meanwhile the game itself encourages the player to collect as many Digimon as possible and the player at this point will certainly have Ultimates, in not Megas.

There have been a couple scenes showing Plotmon and Elecmon evolving yet they consistantly talk about how much they want to evolve and get stronger and how they haven't done so, despite it clearly having been shown already.

Some of the mechanics are also in need of reformulating. The 'bond building' system is awkward at best and seems to exist entirely as an afterthought, much like the storyline itself. There is no time requirement on how often you fight with the Digimon or any way to interact with it to raise bond level outside of feeding which only provides another grinding outlet. The bond does raise very slightly when winning a battle on your team but it seems like that would raise it more than simply giving it a piece of bread or a lemon does. The storyline goes out of its way to stress the importance of friendship and bonds and yet the actual gameplay has it hastily thrown in as another way to spend energy and points with no real sense of reward.

The ability for only some Digimon to evolve to Mega is also an issue as it encourages the player to bench Digimon that they worked building up (very arbitrary) bonds with and spent so much time and energy training and leveling. Why continue using a niche Ultimate when you finally get a chain for it's Mega, especially if you like the Mega more? It completely goes against everything the storyline is trying to stress. I admit I don't know anything about the JP version, so please correct me if this is exists--but this issue could easily be solved by letting a Mega unlock if bond reaches a certain level and you've used the Digimon long enough on your team or as your partner. That would tie in with the story stressing how important friendships and bonds are between partners, not throwing a Digimon in the trash once you get a better Mega as it seems to actively encourage.

That said, I do enjoy the game and the storyline characters are cute, albeit irritating at times. I play with Digimon I like rather than based on any tier lists so that makes it more fun rather than stressing over which Digimon is the best to get or dumping them once they becomes nerfed. The storyline so far doesn't seem to really have a reason for existing though I do appreciate the effort they put into it and that they at least attempted to do a bit of dubbing for it. I'm hoping it will become less skipable in future acts, given the sheer number of them.

So far I'd rate it a 7.5/10. Not bad, more in-depth than Heroes which I enjoyed a lot and was the last Digimon mobile game I played--though I'm not really comparing the two, as they're too different. But as far as mobile games go it's really solid, and as far as Digimon games go it's kind of in the middle, pushing it's way a little higher up. It's exactly what you'd expect out of a Digimon game without any real surprises, but gives the player a lot to do.
    Last edited by GrungeCat; 10-20-2019 at 04:57 AM.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    I'm just wondering how many chapters are there for the global version? I finished Act 11 and it says Act 12 is coming...
    I have also checked its digimon list and I'm bit disappointed at the number of Mega level digimon and only 2 Super Ultimates..I didn't know Examon is super ultimate as Omegamon...

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Well, Examon is typically a fusion of Slayerdramon and Breakdramon. The Japanese version of the game currently has five Super Ultimate Digimon, the others being Imperialdramon PM, Armagemon, and Omegamon Zwart.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    For the part of the story saying you only have a Rookie but you have Megas in your party... the story and gameplay would be seen as different things, really. In the kayfabe of the story, your Tamer really DOES only have Herissmon. Treat the story and the actual game itself as two different things. It's a trope known as Gameplay and Story Segregation. It's like when you fight a bad guy and he has a million HP and when he joins your party later after a face turn, he only has 300 HP.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...orySegregation

Does anybody have an open spot in an active guild? My current one isn't meeting the checkin rewards

People already having Megas and I'm only able to let my Digimon hit Adult cause I have no idea how to get those elemental codes reliably.

Banned
    I am still trying to figure the game out. The battles are weird. I am not sure if I am selecting my digimon to fight or if there is a random generator that decided who goes next and who wins or loses. And yes I have auto fight off.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I don't know what order Digimon tend to attack in if left to their own devices, but there are basically back-and-forth turns between your Digimon and the enemy when it comes to skills. You'll use the first skill in your queue, then the enemy will use one, then your next skill in the queue will happen, and so on. Your special, if you select it, takes precedence over skills, and if you hit it quickly enough it will trigger before your opponent's next turn to use a skill, even if one of your Digimon just used one.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I don't know what order Digimon tend to attack in if left to their own devices, but there are basically back-and-forth turns between your Digimon and the enemy when it comes to skills. You'll use the first skill in your queue, then the enemy will use one, then your next skill in the queue will happen, and so on. Your special, if you select it, takes precedence over skills, and if you hit it quickly enough it will trigger before your opponent's next turn to use a skill, even if one of your Digimon just used one.
    I am not even sure what I need to be doing. Do I tap the opponent like in Pokemon Go or just click on the Digimon on my team I want to attack next?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast